Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Dimensional Deathmatch XL: Dues to the dead.  (Read 12400 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Dimensional Deathmatch XL: Loading up something dwarvenly
« Reply #120 on: July 15, 2014, 08:42:53 pm »

((Yes but look at the stats required for that! Also that was a legitimate in game gain, you just started out with being made of rock at character creation somehow.

What I'm saying is, people should just be people at the start dammit.))
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 15, 2014, 09:16:32 pm »

(( him being rock is just for flavor, his high endurance and lucky rolls has prevented him from being turned into a puddle))
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 15, 2014, 09:22:00 pm »

I realize that this is some sort of magical thing, but now I wish to complain that the lava isn't melting him faster regardless of endurance. Insert various sciencings about the temperature of lava. Blah.

Just you wait stone boy, you'll be slag in no time!
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 16, 2014, 01:24:36 am »

Do we get special abilities based on our species, e.g. can Yumibō take flight with his wings or can Derm spontaneously do atrocious things?
((Nope!))
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 16, 2014, 11:06:16 am »

"What I'm wondering is how you managed to spawn with such a bullshit advantage. An item I would be fine with, but just *whoops, I'm made of rock right from the start, better get that ridiculous starting advantage*"
"Spawn? I was carved and put in a tomb to guard it forever. What would you make a eternal guardian out of? Weak flesh? Brittle glass?"
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 16, 2014, 11:12:31 am »

"Look, I'm breaking the fourth wall here. If you don't understand what I'm saying- why haven't you melted during this conversation?"

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 16, 2014, 11:14:41 am »

"My player mention something about sheer luck and plot armour."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 16, 2014, 11:16:15 am »

"This wouldn't have happened in perplexicon. Shut up and die already, I need dem cheevos. Even if I die, I think the lava is a status effect. You'll melt eventually."

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 16, 2014, 01:15:13 pm »

"Sure, I'll get around to that when I'm not busy. For now, let get back to this fight."

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 20, 2014, 03:57:09 pm »

That gnoll is so boned.
This guy's goose is cooked, and his head is flattened.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 30, 2014, 10:16:17 pm »

Turn is 70% done. Expect it tomorrow.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile

Bzzz*ZZZZZzzz* I *zzz* issu-*ZXXZZXXZ* -phones!  *Bzzz.wuwuwuw* Hey cal- *Zzzuzuzz* now!

And I fell down down down, into a burning pit of lava... just freakin' melt already will you, you afk bastard.
Rock shake itself "I'm sorry, what were you trying to do?"
Rush Derm and slash

[R-A=1-2]
[D-A=5-2]
[D-K=6+2]
[R-E=2+1]

Rock suddenly snaps to attention as the glowing number floating ominously around him fades away. Only one thing passes through the golem's mind: HOT FIRE HOT BURNING HOT HOT! Clearly the deranged madman shooting lava all willy-nilly is responsible for this heated injustice. Derm stands at the ready as Rock, in his usual sluggish torpor, attempts to cleave the human? lava generator into bloody chunks. Of course, this method of attack would have been slightly more effective if it wasn't in the usual slow motion. Derm, meanwhile, primes a rather large orb of lava before releasing it at the 'charging' golem. The lava hits Rock head on! The force impact somehow manages to sweep the melting golem off his feet and he sails off into the distance, all form and life melting away into an unassociated mass...and directly into the ocean. A roaring pillar of steam bealches out as the molten material gives way to a new landmass. Geology in action!

ROCK IS DEAD

Acheivement: First Blood!
-Be the first to kill a player character

[D-K=2+1]

As Derm stands to observe his handiwork, a necklace appears around his neck...the pendent is a pink heart shaped gem...As far as you know this isn't a weapon, should hold onto it anyway... BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!

[Derm total kills=2]
[D-L=5+3]
[D-K=4+2]

Another rift opens up and a large jeweled reptilian skull of some sort lands on the sand next to Derm. Ah! Studying all those lost and arcane tome have paid off...Derm knows exactly what this does.

"Sorry but trusting someone who got sent here to die is not easy... Hmmm? You again!"

Leeroy Jenkins!
Walk four meters across the rocks and then try to shoot Crimson.
Quote from: Sir Oxley
Fool! We were all sent here to die! Attack from a distance!

[A-A=6+1]
[C-A=1]
[O-A=6]
[A-F=3]
[C-R=1]
[C-E=4-1]
[O-F=3]
[C-R=5]
[C-A=5]
[O-R=2]
[C-S=5-1]
[O-E=6]

As Crimson and the angry knight circle around each other in the hanging platform, Angel nimbly hops across the floating path clearly intent on joining whatever violence that's about to go down. As she lands, she quickly points the blow gun at Crimson and fires! A small ball of foul greyness darts towards him and squarely impacts the left arm...and vanishes into his skin. Eh? What was that all about? Crimson takes a few seconds to inspect his limb? It feels weaker...Harder to articulate... Oh my. What was once a relatively healthy arm rapidly erodes with age as muscle mass vanishes into nothing, liver spots blemish the skin, and arthritis grips the bone. Ah. So that's what this blowgun does.Crimson hears the voice in his mind again.
 Human...Feed me and I could fix you...but my mass will not develop...Your choice...
As Crimson processes these new developments, the knight jumps a few paces back as the light ray gleaming out of his sword hilt collects as a small sphere over his shoulder which begins shooting beams towards Crimson! The boy and his tentacle rushes forth and bobs and weaves through the ray storm. Sticking out his hand, fleshy barbs shoot forth and towards Oxley, but his big plate armor doesn't give way to the bladed attacks!

Press my advantage.
That gnoll is so boned.
This guy's goose is cooked, and his head is flattened.

[J-A=6]
[P-A=4]
[G-A=6-1]
[J-A=2]
[J-F=4]
[G-R=1+1]
[G-E=5+1]
[G-K=1+1]
[G-A=4-1]
[J-R=5-2]
[G-S=1]
[J-E=4+1]
[P-A=3]
[G-A=1-1]
[P-S=4+1]
[G-E=3+1]

The standoff in the snowfield continues as a hyena man, a lizard man and some dude stand at the ready. Jase rushes forth towards Grrr, attempting to shish kebab the gnoll's brain yet again but he only reaches a few steps away before he notices Grr beginning to raise his steam maker. Not wanting to get anywhere near that, Jase launches his wrist bone squarely towards Grrr's head! He turns away just slighlty enough to avoid gaining a superflous hole created in his head, but the scratch and the slow blood drip on his cheek does make for a dramatic movie scene that doesnt really translate well with words. Oh course this means that Jase is now the prime candidate for Grr's special Beat and Bake seasoning! Grr attempts to Bake...but the steam kinda fizzles out, not doing anything. Well then its time to Beat! Grr performs an overhead swing on Jase, but the halfhearted attack rebounds off his thick skull. Suddenly, Pariah comes from behind to perform his own overhead beatdown! The weapon bears down on Grrr's shoulder...busting it apart! The hyena man howls in pain!   

Search the arena for weapons, enemies, suitable cover and other useful things, in that order.

[Y-L=1-1]
[Y-K=4+1]

The Tengu starts scanning the room for anything that might aid him in killing things. Nope. No swords. No axes. No shoes. No service. Nothing at all. Seems like the generator's detailed settings were set to low. Lame. Clearly there's nobody here at the moment. Well, not yet.  But what could be used for cover? There's a bunch of statues that seem sturdy enough...And so is that overturned table. Yuminbo also notices a couple of leavers scattered around, but conventional wisdom tells that pulling random levers all willy-nilly is bound to have...fun...results. Especially if this was a dwarven fort... 

CODY ADAMS SPAWNS....IN THE NEXUS!

The snazzy albino appears on the center fountain. But there's nobody else around...

[Cody kills:0]
[C-L= 6+1]
[C-K= 1+1]
A rift opens up and horrify screams pour forth!... and deposits a smoldering glass sphere that fits neatly in the palm of the hand. Its jet black..and a  sinister energy swishes within...Must be decorative! 

*bzzzzzz* -ell are you? *Bzzzzp*

STATUS
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dimensional Deathmatch XL: Dues to the dead.
« Reply #132 on: July 31, 2014, 10:39:26 pm »

((A few scratches? Really? TamerVirus, mind if I ask how that worked? I was hoping it would have been stuck in his jaw or something, like the bone stuck in his hand last turn.))

Finish him!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 10:41:08 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 31, 2014, 10:45:54 pm »

(Uh, it wasn't point blank so it grazed his face. Well that's how I see it in my head, anyway...that 6 in endurance that he rolled also does that)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 31, 2014, 11:04:27 pm »

Bust his face, or his other shoulder.. and take his scepter.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10