Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Dimensional Deathmatch XL: Dues to the dead.  (Read 12432 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dimensional Deathmatch XL: Now Back To Our Regularly Scheduled DEATH
« Reply #90 on: June 23, 2014, 10:50:25 pm »

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr would not approve of this team up if he were aware of it. The smell is unnatural.
You may have a sworn enemy later on.
Eh, I'll throw him a bone to make it up to him. Gnolls like bones, right? Maybe an ulna or humerus.

Also, yay cookie! This is a stupid question, but I have to ask. Can I trade it for loot?
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 23, 2014, 10:53:44 pm »

Find out next turn
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 24, 2014, 12:44:37 am »

Rock look at the dead guy before walking past Derm and toward the boat

(Sorry)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 02, 2014, 11:49:20 pm »

The action continues! Stick with us, folks!

Try shooting Crimson again.

[Angel Finesse:4+1]
[Angel Knowledge 6-1]

Angel perfectly calculates Crimson's theoretical position based off of his speed, angle of trajectory, wind-speed, force of gravity and theoretical rate of rotation of this planet. She brings up the blowgun and shoots off an orb of sinister energy!....that is swallowed up by the fog gate. Hmm. No screams of pain or anything. No new weapon, either. Somehow, the projectile was not received by its target.  Perhaps that fog gate blocks projectiles?

Well, if Angel wanted a piece of Crimson, she's gonna have to go to him personally! I really want to see what that blowgun of her's can do! Its gonna blow for whoever's hit by it, that's for sure!

Watch the igloo entrance. If anyone comes near my igloo, whip up a nasty batch of scalding steam, bash their head in, and chew their arm. Drag them inside so that which igloo is still obscured.
"Hellooo? Anybody here?"
Call out to see if anybody is around. Coulda sworn I saw that gnoll run through here. Test out the bone shooting again by aiming at a snowman, or maybe an igloo, but don't go near the igloos. Defend my self with bone control/shooting powers if attacked.

[Jase luck 1+1]
[Jase finesse 1]
[Jase knowledge 4+1]

Jase looks around seeing if there's anything interesting to shoot a bone at. There are a four igloos in view, but you don't see any snowman within a reasonable distance. Well, why not the igloo closest then? Jase concentrates and FLEXES! Something seems wrong...Perhaps you flexed in poor form? You ponder this as you stare at this half ejected bone hanging out of your arm. Meanwhile, in a SUPAH SECRET IGLOO. Grrrrr waits for the intruder that doesn't come.

Ouch! Misfire! Jase...doesn't seem to have quite the grip yet. Meanwhile, I think Grrrr is keeping vigil over the snowman he so brutally murdered. What's the point of snowmen anyway? They all melt eventually! Its fun! Yeah!

Acheivement!-I See What You Did There!
-Identify a reference!
ITEM GET!- A COOKIE

As Jase stares at his wrist, a small rift opens up and deposits a glowing cookie into his open, normal hand. Oooo, you have a general sense of what this would do...

Lucky! He now has baked goods! Don't cha all love cookies?

Get to the center of the area and try to experiment with my new 'companion'.

In a moment of respite, Crimson carefully hops along the floating rocks towards the large yin-yang platform. As he stands there, he tries to communicate with the thing in that glove. The eye opens up and glares at him. That low voice resonates again. Human. You seem to want to communicate with me.... We are now bonded together. You order. I kill. I consume. the eye vanishes for a moment before reappearing on a newly formed unsettling barbed tentacle. Understand? It quickly retracts into the glove as you turn around and notice a portal open before you...and an armored fella materializes.

NPC APPEARS: Generic Knight!

By the heavens, what do you mean I will di.... IMPOSSIBLE. Where am I. Who are you? Are you friend? Or are you foe?

He wearily holds onto the pommel of what might be a sheathed sword.

Is..Is this my punishment...?

Making friends with googly eyed meat? I don't think they have much choice in the matter. Hah! Reminds me of the time we were stuck in Cabo with that tax accountant! Speaking of tax accountants, another fella has decided to join us!

do stuff and defend self if necessary

[Pariah Knowledge 2]

Pariah quickly losing interest in the golem decides head back where he came, and ends up back in the nexus. Now then, where did that gnoll go? Ah yes, that way! The lizardman heads towards the fog gate and enters the snow filled landscape. Other than the man holding the cookie, there's no sign of the gnoll anywhere. Think! Think! Where could he possibly go?

It seems as if Pariah is looking for the gnoll? But how would he know where to look? He never saw him after Grrrr left the Nexus. What a conundrum for the lizardman!

Go south.

[Luck 6-1]

Yumibo walks deeper into this grid when, suddenly, a screen appears out of the floor. It's a console of some sort. Four choices appear on the screen

>Debug
>Load Program
>Training
>Exit

Its waiting for your input....

Um. Is he supposed to find that? I don't see it anywhere in my notes...maybe its all part of the plan, see?

Rock look at the dead guy before walking past Derm and toward the boat
Muscle sounds nice at the moment.

GRANTED! At that moment, the bad undergoes some rapid changes as the wood is criss-crossed by numerous red glowing fissures. Derm picks it up in his right hand when all of a sudden his right arm expands very rapidly, giving that one arm the physique of an bodybuilder. The rest of his body remain rather puny, leaving him looking kinda asymmetric.

[D-Agility 1-2]
[R-Agility 2-1]
[D-Knowledge 1+1]
[R-Reaction 6-1]

Derm is, apparently, slower than a rock as....Rock looks at the blood pile that was once a mafioso. The golem starts thudding his way ever so slowly to the boat. With the golem's back exposed, the Nefarious Derm shoots out some tendrils at Rock, hellbent on turning him into another messily pile of goo! Rock notices the tendrils and sidesteps them!

Derm's looking kinda cool over there! PUMPING IRON!!! PACKING HEAT! What! Somehow Derm's blood tendril's missed! Missed an almost IMMOBILE target! Can't melt them all at once, i guess. Bad luck for Derm, I wonder how Rocky will respond.

STATUS
THE NEXUS
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Winter Wonderland

Variable Arena

Beach Arena

Zen Pit
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 09:40:00 pm by TamerVirus »

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 02, 2014, 11:54:43 pm »

Smell scent of lizard. Charge out of igloo and swing steam orb up into lizard's chin, spray steam everywhere. Cook that critter!
If spotted by and if I smell/see that bone shooting human, retreat into an igloo. Melt any inhabitants.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 03, 2014, 12:15:40 am »

"I-I'm not your foe! Please calm down. In fact, I'm in the same situation as you!"

Approach the Knight in a non-threatening manner.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 03, 2014, 12:20:06 am »

((Ooo, I hope it's a Hamon cookie. Also, is that bone sticking out of my wrist jagged? Could I stab things with it?))

Eat the cookie! If the bone is jagged and works as a stabbing implement, leave it foe the moment. If the bone won't function like a makeshift Hidden Blade from Assassin's Creed, see if the bangle allows me to form the bone into a dagger or sharp poking implement. If none of that works, just eject the bone. If in danger, eject bone at assailant or utilize whatever powers I get from the cookie, if any.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 12:33:20 am by Beirus »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 03, 2014, 12:23:16 am »

Perform thinking processes and act accordingly.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 03, 2014, 12:48:13 am »

Select ">Load Program".
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 03, 2014, 06:22:39 am »

Do you know at what temperature rock melts?

Also, no statuses? Don't we usually need a spoiler for each player with what their current stats, location, items and things are?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 06:24:39 am by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 03, 2014, 06:42:51 am »

Also, no statuses? Don't we usually need a spoiler for each player with what their current stats, location, items and things are?

((Gonna actually put that up later, for realz, including map))

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 03, 2014, 10:01:37 pm »

Interlude
Tales from the email box II

TO: Ron Bergman (THEnetbug@OculonMedia.com)
CC: Enzo De Vaans (EXE1@OculonMedia.com)
Re: DDXL Website

Yo Bergman, whats the deal with the official DDXL website? I mean, the shows been going on for a bit now and whats the deal with the "weapon database" and "dimensions" portion??? ITS BLANK. What type of database is blank?? Enzo came to the writing department the other day to know what the deal is, but the website is all run by you eggheads. If y'all got any plans for these things y'all better let us know what to write.

Thanks,
Nadj

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

TO: Sayed Nadj (3NotePads3@OculonMedia.com)
CC: Enzo De Vaans (EXE1@OculonMedia.com)
Re: Re: DDXL Website

Nadj,

We (well, not me specifically) already went over this with your department. Its updated as the show goes. In real time? There's no fun for the viewers if they see....i dunno that Crimson guy gets a sock and all the netizens know it consumes souls while the poor fella is clueless as he's sniffing it or something. Point is, the databases will be updated upon contestant elimination so that archive bingers have something to froth over later. Currently there have been no eliminations (except for that Italian fella) so there are no entries Might you two pay attention to the internal memos next time?

Regards,
Bergman

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(status has been updated, waiting on scapheap)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 09, 2014, 11:35:15 pm »

Do you smell that, Gut-man? It smells like violence! You're just trying to hide the fact that you just passed gas, you ape!

"I-I'm not your foe! Please calm down. In fact, I'm in the same situation as you!"

Approach the Knight in a non-threatening manner.

[RP roll] The knight seems to trust Crimson and his unseen fleshy implement and by trust, I mean he moves his hand away from his weapon, standing firm. In the same situation...Then our fates must be intertwined! There must be others out there....slay or be slain! Now I have a proposition for you. There is strength in numbers...why not help each other out? What say you?

OOOOooooo. A proposition! Will we see jolly cooperation? I'm not so sure about this. Is Crimson the type of person to aid this knight? That tentacle buddy of his , though...

Select ">Load Program".

[RP] The screen presents a number of choices to the curious Tengu...

>mp260.3.2.mxp
>dlf240.1.mxp
>m&5%$4$!!/--
>svs.6.2.mxp
>HS-A.223.56.mxp
>sh888.mxp

The console waits for further input. Choices...Choices...

I think....that the console might do something interesting No shit? Why don't you tell me more? dumbass....

Quote from: Rock
AI ACTION: [4=Defensive Action] Make a dive towards the water!

[Rock Agility: 4-1]
[Derm Agility 3-2]
[Rock Agility 3-2]
[Derm Knowledge 5+2]
{[Derm Knowledge 2+1]}
[Rock Reaction 5-2]
[Rock Endurance 3+2]

Derm devilishly questions Rock about his melting point, pointedly ignoring green 3 that has appeared over the golem's noggin. The mass of rock, easily putting two and two together, tries to book it towards the coast line and towards the gleaming water. Being as slow as...again, a rock, He only gets a few steps away from his current position before Derm answers his own question: ITS VERY HOT! The bloodthirsty man starts doing his best Dwarven Fortress imitation by shooting blood come lava out every which way and with the usual disregard for life. He is able to properly channel it onto the golem, drenching him in BURNING. Of course, being made out of rock, Rock is mostly unscathed, except for the fact that he's SLOWLY MELTING.

Hot stuff! That's some hot stuff going on right now! Rock just might be our first contestant to bite the dust!! look at Derm go! Aren't you forgetting your little mafioso guy that you were so enthused about...like...five seconds ago? You know, the same guy that was in Rock's position? Oh quiet you. Rock still stands. The rock still stands! But he's cooking! And we can all smell it....right here on Dimensional Deathmatch!

Explore my surroundings.

[RP] With nobody forthcoming, the fiery redhead takes a moment to get her bearings. Apparently this place is called the Nexus. Behind her is a gate made of think fog, looking around there are 3 others at each cardinal direction. Crimson and all the others disappeared through them earlier. The rest of the area looks like a verdant grassland; foliage slowly swayed by an artificial breeze. Nothing much in the form of cover, except for four jet black obelisks surrounding a stone clearing. In the direct center of this area is a small reflecting pool, crisp and clear. You also notice what appears to be a dark track of some sort winding from one wall to the other. Wall? Right...As far as it seems, this fight is contained. For now, at least.

I guess sightseeing is in now. Hey! At least they get to see it in person once in their lives. Gotta take in the surroundings...and plan accordingly!

Smell scent of lizard. Charge out of igloo and swing steam orb up into lizard's chin, spray steam everywhere. Cook that critter!
If spotted by and if I smell/see that bone shooting human, retreat into an igloo. Melt any inhabitants.

Perform thinking processes and act accordingly.
Eat the cookie! If the bone is jagged and works as a stabbing implement, leave it foe the moment. If the bone won't function like a makeshift Hidden Blade from Assassin's Creed, see if the bangle allows me to form the bone into a dagger or sharp poking implement. If none of that works, just eject the bone. If in danger, eject bone at assailant or utilize whatever powers I get from the cookie, if any.

[Gr Agility 3]
[Pariah Agility 1]
[Jase Agility 1]
[Pariah Reaction 6+1]
[Gr Strength 6]
[Jase Reaction 4]
[Gr Knowledge 6]
[Jase Endurance 5+1]

Pariah begins formulating a deep, complex, and foolproof plan to find the hidden gnoll, but all that thinking goes to waste as Grrrr charges out of one of the igloos and easily spots the lizard man as he contemplates. Rushing over, Grrrr intends on forcing Pariah into an impromptu and self generated sauna followed by horrible death! However, Pariah is just barely able to see a raging figure charging in his general direction, so he does what anybody would do: shove out the OTHER fella to intercept and let him deal with it. Jase, still fiddling with his futzed bone looks up to see a giant brass rod crash into his face. As the steam-punk implement crushes forward, it exacerbates Jase's situation by shooting out a perfectly channel, perfectly scalding jet of steam into the face. Jase reels back from the pain and the burns, but the tough life on the streets has hardened his mettle. Jase menecingly sticks out his boney wrist at Grrr...but nothing happens. Uh oh. That means its time to eat the cookie! In one swift move, the glowing baked good disappears down Jase's gullet. A few seconds later, Jase simply flashes a white glow before returning to normal. Normal being healthy. Whatever fractures and burns that we inflicted not that long ago seem to have disappeared! Jase shoots a look at his arm. Its seems back to working condition. That jagged bone has fallen out an other the snow below. Grrrrr bears his fangs, undaunted by this turn of events.

And Grrr goes straight for Pariah! But Pariah lets Jase take the brunt of the attack instead! Oh that's gotta hurt! But man is Jase tough! Lesser men would have had either their head explode or face melted off. Grrrr would have probably done both, too![/glow And Jase....is eating...THE COOKIE! And he's looking all hunky dory with that little pick-me-up. I would have preferred martinis instead!

STATUS

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 09, 2014, 11:39:27 pm »

Get ready to rumble because Derm is TURNIN' UP THE HEAT! Lava The golem, the water, the land between the golem and the water, and the land between the golem and myself with... LAVA!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 09, 2014, 11:43:50 pm »

This means war.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10