Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 43

Author Topic: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode  (Read 127991 times)

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode
« Reply #555 on: March 28, 2015, 03:06:01 pm »

This is odd.  I just created a new world in .05 and got soul gems as a layer stone in my embark.  I don't see anything in the raws that should make that possible...

That's strange, an entire layer? Do you have duplicate errors in your errorlog.txt?

I'll run 0.5 and check this out.
Not seeing anything suggestive

*** Error(s) found in the file "data/save/region1/raw/objects/interaction_kobold.txt"
Unrecognized Counter: Unrecognized Counter:
undefined local creature material set to default: FLESH_BALL TALLOW
*** Error(s) finalizing the entity TIGERGIRLNYAFD
Unrecognized entity weapon token: ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_HANDER_ZWEI

And this is getting ever weirder.  My latest embark (now in .06) had a soul gem layer and pelagic clay, despite being no where near a body of water.  Both were visible on the surface.

Ah, peat is doubled in the raws.  If I remove the peat from inorganic_stone_soil.txt it looks to solve the problem. It is peat_soil in inorganic_fuel_masterwork, with peat being the compact peat boulder.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 04:17:38 pm by arbarbonif »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #556 on: March 28, 2015, 09:41:19 pm »

Now it makes sense. I deleted the old peat and replaced it with that new one... but only in the default tileset. You changed tilesets and suddnely there are two entries.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: March 30, 2015, 11:12:17 am »

That solves it, still I will remove soul gems because they serve no purpose until the soul system is implemented and that will be after fixing summoning and adding magic.

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: April 09, 2015, 12:59:00 pm »

Out of curiosity, do (female) succubi have a higher propensity for bi/homosexuality than most races? It seems like something that would come with the gender ratio, and it would also allow for more couples. They're non-reproducing, sure, but those emotional attachments still lead to fun.

As I understand it, it should be possible to modify [ORIENTATION] for a specific caste.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: April 09, 2015, 01:56:11 pm »

Yes, males too, with the difference that there is no asexual males.

This is quite important because many of them dream of falling in love.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 01:57:43 pm by Boltgun »

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: May 15, 2015, 03:03:40 pm »

Is there any guide to getting started as the Succubi like there is for the warlock? Warlock gets tons of guides and helpful playing tips. Its nice to be able to get a bit of a guideline to get started, then move on from there. In pretty much even vanilla DF...I always like a bit of a Guide for dummies when starting out :P

And yes, this is for the old masterwork version.

I know there is Succubus in the new Masterwork reborn, but its really incomplete and has a lot less stuff. No magic either as far as I know. I know Succubus have none. No warlocks either. Two of my favorite to play as. But it is really early in development so once its finished I'll probably move on (but the old masterwork does have TONS more stuff right now, so its one I'm playing as). :P In any case...

I tried googling, searching, everything...but can't find a Succubus guide :( Like, what are key things to take on embark? Do I need certain skills for my Succubi at embark? Should I start with x amount of Succubus? Like I followed one guide that started with 13 warlocks and had a really nice walkthrough on what to take/build what to do at start and what not. What buildings or/and things do I need to focus on in the beginning? Do I create a hunting squad right away like I do for Warlocks? Like many guides for warlocks say make a ghoul squad right away to hunt for parts, or if no ghouls, make an overlord to go hunting. Pretty much anything else found in guides for Warlocks :)

I know succubus are a lot easier than warlocks, but its still a bit overwhelming not having a startup guide lol. And warlocks have a lot more guides for them, but guess they are a lot harder to play as. It took me a while to figure out warlocks even with guides :P

Also, why do people recommend starting in an evil biome with this race? Is it better for Succubus or just "more fun"? Usually I start in that more wild biome (it shows up as yellow)...is it actually better to do a sinister biome?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 04:29:41 pm by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Brutaka001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: May 16, 2015, 09:43:56 pm »

I have a question on the Abyssal Temple. I have read the whole *Lovewhirl* story, though it's obvious that it's incomplete. But that isnt the whole of my problem. I had a Succubus fort going strong in a Terrifying desert that almost constantly rained elf blood. I named it Eternal Dawn. I have survived numerous sieges from all races except Humans, they just camp out in the edge of the map like the dopes they are in their Titanium breastplates and such. 2 Legendary-rank ArmorSmiths, 1 Legendary-rank WeaponSmith and a Legendary-rank LeatherWorker had my 20-man army equipped with all MasterWork gear: Leather Armor with images of the Lust Deity sewn on them, Mithril Corsets, greaves, gauntlets, boots, helms, and blade-whips. Plus about 6 of my Whip Maidens had the Torrid Kiss spell ready for use. My problem is that in the LoveWhirl story, it clearly mentions the use of the Abyssal Temple to bring the asshole Humans to the gate. But i have combed the workshop and furnace options and see no Abyssal Temple. I even checked the DF Wikia and it says the key bind is b-w-A, but that leads to the Altar of Nightmares where the Wikia states that the Altar is b-w-N. So I'm confused if it's even in game. Sorry this was so long for such a stupid question..

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: May 17, 2015, 04:12:44 am »

Is there any guide to getting started as the Succubi like there is for the warlock? Warlock gets tons of guides and helpful playing tips. Its nice to be able to get a bit of a guideline to get started, then move on from there. In pretty much even vanilla DF...I always like a bit of a Guide for dummies when starting out :P

And yes, this is for the old masterwork version.

I know there is Succubus in the new Masterwork reborn, but its really incomplete and has a lot less stuff. No magic either as far as I know. I know Succubus have none. No warlocks either. Two of my favorite to play as. But it is really early in development so once its finished I'll probably move on (but the old masterwork does have TONS more stuff right now, so its one I'm playing as). :P In any case...

I tried googling, searching, everything...but can't find a Succubus guide :( Like, what are key things to take on embark? Do I need certain skills for my Succubi at embark? Should I start with x amount of Succubus? Like I followed one guide that started with 13 warlocks and had a really nice walkthrough on what to take/build what to do at start and what not. What buildings or/and things do I need to focus on in the beginning? Do I create a hunting squad right away like I do for Warlocks? Like many guides for warlocks say make a ghoul squad right away to hunt for parts, or if no ghouls, make an overlord to go hunting. Pretty much anything else found in guides for Warlocks :)

I know succubus are a lot easier than warlocks, but its still a bit overwhelming not having a startup guide lol. And warlocks have a lot more guides for them, but guess they are a lot harder to play as. It took me a while to figure out warlocks even with guides :P

Also, why do people recommend starting in an evil biome with this race? Is it better for Succubus or just "more fun"? Usually I start in that more wild biome (it shows up as yellow)...is it actually better to do a sinister biome?

Nukeacitrus made an extensive stream on the succubi, but twitch being twitch, it is not available anymore. I'll check with him when possible to see if he can upload those on youtube.

The manual bundled with MDF should help you too. The gameplay is not as exotic as the warlocks so what you knew to do with other races will work for succubi. The most important change is that dwarves or humans will attack you very early so you must have one lady of pain training with a teammate at the end of spring.

So for embark I recommend 7 succubi, one trained in whip, fighter, dodge and shield user. She will be your lady of pain. The remaining 6 are the usual suspects: a farmer, a cook, two miners, a carpenter and a mason. Get a silver whip and bronze equipment in addition of the usual items, you can ignore pets for now.

Evil biomes are often recommended because they fit the theme and two plants can be brewed there into wines that improve the succubi and also because after surviving the early game, the mid game can be a tad too easy afterwards so zombies or clouds should spice it up.

I have a question on the Abyssal Temple. I have read the whole *Lovewhirl* story, though it's obvious that it's incomplete. But that isnt the whole of my problem. I had a Succubus fort going strong in a Terrifying desert that almost constantly rained elf blood. I named it Eternal Dawn. I have survived numerous sieges from all races except Humans, they just camp out in the edge of the map like the dopes they are in their Titanium breastplates and such. 2 Legendary-rank ArmorSmiths, 1 Legendary-rank WeaponSmith and a Legendary-rank LeatherWorker had my 20-man army equipped with all MasterWork gear: Leather Armor with images of the Lust Deity sewn on them, Mithril Corsets, greaves, gauntlets, boots, helms, and blade-whips. Plus about 6 of my Whip Maidens had the Torrid Kiss spell ready for use. My problem is that in the LoveWhirl story, it clearly mentions the use of the Abyssal Temple to bring the asshole Humans to the gate. But i have combed the workshop and furnace options and see no Abyssal Temple. I even checked the DF Wikia and it says the key bind is b-w-A, but that leads to the Altar of Nightmares where the Wikia states that the Altar is b-w-N. So I'm confused if it's even in game. Sorry this was so long for such a stupid question..

The altar of nightmares should be b-w-N, or in the 'succubus rituals' part of the workshop menu between the esoteric order and and the abyssal temple.

Brutaka001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: May 17, 2015, 11:21:23 am »

But i have combed the workshop and furnace options and see no Abyssal Temple.
My problem wasn't with finding the Altar of Nightmares. My problem was that the Abyssal Temple is not on the workshop or furnace menus at all and i cannot lure a human siege to my doorstep. I've tried luring with military recruits that can be spared, but they just kill the unit and go back to camping. The links here show what my whole Workshop menu consists of and the Abyssal Temple is not included. {and sry about the crappy image in the background, that's my graveyard being worked on)

http://i.imgur.com/UALleAP.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/0DppBYJ.jpg

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: May 17, 2015, 11:41:53 am »

My bad I got confused there, but the altar was renamed to "Infernal chamber". You can build this and run the "lure invaders' job.

Brutaka001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: May 17, 2015, 04:39:29 pm »

AH! Then now it's my bad, I didn't even think of checking the other ones. Sorry for the dumb question lol.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: May 17, 2015, 05:14:45 pm »

So for embark I recommend 7 succubi, one trained in whip, fighter, dodge and shield user. She will be your lady of pain. The remaining 6 are the usual suspects: a farmer, a cook, two miners, a carpenter and a mason. Get a silver whip and bronze equipment in addition of the usual items, you can ignore pets for now.
I just wanted to say that you are the first person I've heard describe their embark setup that didn't make me freak out over how bad it was. Thank you.
Also I'm not saying everybody else's embark setups are bad, just that I personally cannot stand how many combination people there are. Like making an architect-mason, or a miner-engraver, it just hurts me so much.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: May 17, 2015, 05:26:27 pm »

You might be stressing about it a bit too much if other people's reasonable-but-different embark strategies cause you pain :P

edit:  To elaborate a little bit, 1 point in architect or engraver cross training costs what, 5 points?  The equivalent of 3 seeds?  You can make up such a loss with like 2 seconds of plant gathering..
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 05:29:15 pm by smakemupagus »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: May 18, 2015, 02:08:48 am »

It enable the skills from the start so I guess that's less time shuffling with the manipulator.

What I avoid are profiles that assumes a complete upgrade from the start. I don't believe that you can build a steel clad militia with your starting seven, that's time better spent digging rooms and making farms. Humble beginnings in bone armor makes you enjoy proper equipment more.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 43