Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 43

Author Topic: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode  (Read 127873 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode
« Reply #210 on: July 04, 2014, 04:23:19 am »

Orichalcum, if you want to limit it a bit.
Adamantine, if you want to limit it a lot. ;)

Biome-restricted or cavern-restricted plants are always good as well. You can only summon Y, if you have been to cavern 2, you can only summon X if you have been to cavern 3...

Or make it a magma-only reaction. Technology that you can only use with magma as powersource, which doesnt work with fuel at all. Would fit the demon-theme quite well, maybe some sort of fire-altar/temple that create fireimps and the like?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 04, 2014, 05:53:52 am »

That sounds... odd. Not sure what would cause that. Crafts are hardcoded to 7 specific items, and gems are certainly not among them.

There is a type of bone that doesnt get made into crafts, but rather gems. It still uses the "make bone crafts" reaction, but it doesnt take bones and it doesnt produce crafts, only those gems.

I do remember them in my orc fort, and my dwarven forts had them on occasion, but I cant remember which creature i butchered for them.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #212 on: July 04, 2014, 06:16:36 am »

It would certainly help to know the creatures name. Not the boulder crabs maybe?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 04, 2014, 06:49:45 am »

The creature's bones may be considered gems or be made of gems. Gems return large gems when put into a reaction that creates random crafts for some reason.

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 04, 2014, 08:19:12 am »

No, not the boulder crabs, but I remember the bonecarver bringing "(some creatures) spine [number]" to the craftsdwarfs shop. So the spine of some creatures are considered gems? But its not the whole bone count, just specific parts.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 04, 2014, 08:03:23 pm »

What's the difference between a "pain arrow" and a "pain bladeshard"?  I appear to have both.  The last two times I ran the "Make pain shards" reaction in the Soul Forge (just now), I got "pain arrows" instead of bladeshards.

I also wish I had known that explosive bladeshards would murder my own pets. :-/  I'm definitely not making any more of those.

Edited: in the raws, the "Make pain shards" reaction does not have :ITEM_AMMO_SPELL_SHARD: like the other two shard reactions do.  Bug?  Or intended?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 08:16:26 pm by greycat »
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 05, 2014, 01:52:53 am »

What's the difference between a "pain arrow" and a "pain bladeshard"?  I appear to have both.  The last two times I ran the "Make pain shards" reaction in the Soul Forge (just now), I got "pain arrows" instead of bladeshards.

I also wish I had known that explosive bladeshards would murder my own pets. :-/  I'm definitely not making any more of those.

Edited: in the raws, the "Make pain shards" reaction does not have :ITEM_AMMO_SPELL_SHARD: like the other two shard reactions do.  Bug?  Or intended?

It's a bug, the arrow will still explode, when fired with a bow. But this will be fixed.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 05, 2014, 12:19:08 pm »

In hack/scripts/succubus/reaction-hook.lua, the arguments to succubus/influence are switched around in some cases:

Code: [Select]
--- reaction-hook.lua.bak 2014-07-05 13:18:27.325228478 -0400
+++ reaction-hook.lua 2014-07-05 13:19:04.693787342 -0400
@@ -158,7 +158,7 @@
  -- greed
  elseif reaction.code == 'LUA_HOOK_WEATHER_RAIN' then
  dfhack.run_script('weather', 'rain')
- dfhack.run_script('succubus/influence', unit.id, 'greed')
+ dfhack.run_script('succubus/influence', 'greed', unit.id)

-- sloth
  elseif reaction.code == 'LUA_HOOK_PROTECTIVE_TENTACLES' then
@@ -178,8 +178,8 @@
  dfhack.run_script('succubus/influence', 'envy',unit.id)
  elseif reaction.code == 'LUA_HOOK_CALL_SIEGE' then
  dfhack.run_script('succubus/callsiege', 100)
- dfhack.run_script('succubus/influence', unit.id, 'envy')
+ dfhack.run_script('succubus/influence', 'envy', unit.id)
  end
 end

-print('Succubus reaction hook activated')
\ No newline at end of file
+print('Succubus reaction hook activated')
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Kiefatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 06, 2014, 08:17:37 am »

So how do I get my succubi to train bows? They refuse to use the archery targets, like the Dwarfs of a few versions ago. Not sure if the bug was ever really fixed.

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 06, 2014, 10:56:27 am »

i don't understand archery targets that much so... i just have them in a military squad and attack any creatures or practice on chained invaders
not a fix but they learn fast :P
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 07, 2014, 01:28:58 am »

The archery training bug affect all the races.

So far I managed to get training by :
- Building targets, each one designated as an archery range (one that cover multiple targets will not work).
- Designating the ranges to the squad and making sure the shooting direction is good.
- Building and designating a regular training place, like the melee squads have.
- Making sure the squad have the right ammo to train with (ie bone and wooden for training, metal for combat, no shards)
- Putting the squad on duty.

They should fire at targets and, if impossible, go to the barracks for melee training.

Another solution that floats on the forums is to build and designate targets, then put the squad off duty with no job.

Greycat : Weather rain has been removed but I included the second bugfix, thanks.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 02:43:34 am by Boltgun »

misiekm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 07, 2014, 03:50:16 am »

One thing that always helped me with the archery training was: build the barracks right next to the Archery Ranges, and make sure its' area overlaps with them. My dwarves seem to train archery quite often this way.

Oh, and I was under the impression that it's better to designate all types of bolts for both training and combat, from what I've read (I believe they won't, for example, switch the bolts they have in the quiver, so you're stuck with one type until they run out).

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 07, 2014, 03:56:36 am »

What I did was to assign smaller quantities of each. Like 75 bolts for combat and 25 for training. That way they always have space in their quiver.

edit : In another news I added several new summons, most involve fire in a way of another, or obsidian. A massive amount of obsidian in a fist form.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 11:13:36 am by Boltgun »

Palpatine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 07, 2014, 08:33:57 pm »

Edit:  NVM about my original question if you saw it, I did things in a bad order which generated a minor glitch.

Looking forward to trying out the mod, thanks Boltgun and Meph. :D
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 10:30:17 pm by Palpatine »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 08, 2014, 01:04:07 am »

You're welcome.  :D

Now that DF2014 is out I will port back the mod to vanilla and prepare the civ for the next version. I'll still include bugfixes as needed and I'll keep writing the manual.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 43