Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 43

Author Topic: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode  (Read 127842 times)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode
« Reply #105 on: June 12, 2014, 01:34:01 am »

@draeath

Pick the Lost Warband embark Profile. Add the following new items: 2 copper picks, 1 double sided axe and 2000+ Dirt. Add two orthi and three war tentacle monsters.

Build your fortress above ground with the dirt. And design all the evil horses to some pasture (the more dirt you get, more horses you'll start with). Water wells are preferable, but if there is no riber nearby, build a farm as usual. The only difference is that you'll be using shrooms to make oil. Milk the tentacle mons unless you want your entire fortress filled with cum. Oil and cum *cough* I mean tentacle milk is used to convert enemies. Build a stygian forge, transform your pitchfork into a stygian lance. And Wall your outpost. Remember to put cagetraps near the entrance. For food, build a butcher shop, a tanner, a well of souls and a summoning circle one next the other. Butcher horses, make leather ropes, summon orthus. Repeat the process, but butchering Orthi. Infinite Meat.
It is basically an easy mode. Expect to be attacked often.

This sum it up, tricks that worked with dwarves also work here. The main difference is that you'll have a siege early so you better have at least the lady of pain training asap and add 2 sparring mates after the first migration wave. Outfitting them will be a priority. If you do it right, you can clear the siege before late spring and have a caravan.

Yes, you can still summon orthi with materials from a dead orthi, at least you should be able to summon only one at a time and not reach 300 dogs.

And good call on the press reaction, I was still at the vanilla process at this moment.

Mithril Leaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 12, 2014, 07:01:59 am »

Oh yeah, by the by, my ASCII Succubi didn't have characters set. Tile characters.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #107 on: June 12, 2014, 07:04:42 am »

Oh yeah, by the by, my ASCII Succubi didn't have characters set. Tile characters.
I am not sure what you mean by that? If you play without graphics, they have to use tiles... but obviously the vanilla DF ascii tileset has no succubi on it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Mithril Leaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 12, 2014, 07:11:47 am »

I am not sure what you mean by that? If you play without graphics, they have to use tiles... but obviously the vanilla DF ascii tileset has no succubi on it.
I used the standard Masterwork ASCII tileset, as you do when you aren't a fan of real tilesets, with Character Sprites turned off. Everything else looked fine, but the succubi were just blank spaces. I could interact with them fine. I believe they should have an & icon by default when Character Sprites are turned off, no?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #109 on: June 12, 2014, 07:39:02 am »

Well yes, but they would be a dwarf-icon. Or a letter. There is no succubi-icon in the set.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Mithril Leaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 12, 2014, 08:18:00 am »

Well yes, but they would be a dwarf-icon. Or a letter. There is no succubi-icon in the set.

They clearly should have an icon of some sort. In my last screenshot, the corner between the two wagons just above the drowspider and below the feather tree contained a succubi.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #111 on: June 12, 2014, 08:24:29 am »

It will be no problem to add a 'S' for succubi as a tile.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 12, 2014, 09:18:18 am »

There have been a bug in the previous version with the succubus tile and it seems to have been replaced by a blank space, I'll fix that asap.

Mithril Leaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 12, 2014, 09:27:07 am »

It will be no problem to add a 'S' for succubi as a tile.

That will mess up my nethack succubi ASCII knowledge, but I suppose I'll be able to adjust  :P

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 12, 2014, 02:18:55 pm »

Initially the succubi used the '&' symbol, in MWDF they use the first slot in the standard tileset and that does not translate well in others sets (as well as causing a few display issues).
Ideally I should be able to change the tile when a non default set is used.

Edit : Nevermind, this will be done for the next update.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 02:33:18 pm by Boltgun »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #115 on: June 12, 2014, 02:46:14 pm »

Ah, I understand now. Thats a good reason not to take tile:0. I will replace the golem tile, so you can remap this. In ascii it would be the 'i' with two dots on it. But I can make the tilenumber change when you use tileset, if thats easier. :)

Edit: Boltgun, here is the example syntax from creature:human
Code: [Select]
Mdf
YESMDF_GRAPHICS[CREATURE_TILE:'@']
Ascii
!NOASCII_GRAPHICS!CREATURE_TILE:'U']
Ironhand
!NOIRONHAND_GRAPHICS!CREATURE_TILE:'U']
Obsidian
!NOOBSIDIAN_GRAPHICS!CREATURE_TILE:'U']
Phoebus
!NOPHOEBUS_GRAPHICS!CREATURE_TILE:'@']
Mayday
!NOMAYDAY_GRAPHICS!CREATURE_TILE:'@']

Just in case you want to pick the tile yourself. Be it 'S', the succubus tile '0' for the MDF set, or '&'.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 02:50:09 pm by Meph »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 12, 2014, 03:45:15 pm »

That's a good way to go, but we would have one case per tileset. Since mdf is the special case here perhaps we can use a MDF_GRAPHICS and a OTHER_GRAPHICS tag. That way it will not break if you add another set.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #117 on: June 12, 2014, 04:01:25 pm »

No, just add one for MDF, and a default for all the others. Its way easier than rewriting the GUI for this.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 12, 2014, 04:26:53 pm »

No, just add one for MDF, and a default for all the others. Its way easier than rewriting the GUI for this.

Alright then, I'm adding this.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #119 on: June 12, 2014, 04:33:17 pm »

I wont be adding other sets, thats why. The ascii is used for quite a few sets... ;)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 43