Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 43

Author Topic: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode  (Read 127846 times)

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode
« Reply #135 on: June 16, 2014, 10:24:14 am »

The stygian bronze bladewhip is a standard DF reaction (metal weapon). It is available if you don't have the reagents and should work normally. If you are sure that it did take one fuel only and did not produce the weapon we might hit a df bug. In that case I can use the save to try and see what happened.

Here's a save with a stygian bronze blade-whip queued up at a magma forge: http://wooledge.org/~greg/df/stygian-blade-whip.rar

The magma forge is hotkeyed to F8.  The succubus who has accepted the job is currently on the surface, so it'll take a little bit of time for her to walk down.  There are some invaders shooting at us, but you can ignore those unless you run across another error.

When I let it play out, she walks down to the magma forge, sits there for a while with no materials at all, then walks away.  Her Weaponsmithing skill is a bit rusty, and becomes unrusty after the job finishes, so she is definitely getting skill credit for it.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 17, 2014, 02:14:26 am »

I tested your save and I think you just hit a vanilla DF bug.

It seems that the forge tries to create a weapon but without the metal bar. Perhaps the assigned bar was lost or destroyed but the game did not cancel the job or select another item.

After the failed reaction I could see a message 'Milith soldier cancels pickup equipment : type mismatch'. Queuing another stygian bronze blade whip works as intended, providing a weapon.

Gathering the bug reports, it seems that the forge reaction is made of old code so I would not surprised if old bugs persist inside.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #137 on: June 17, 2014, 09:17:46 pm »

I can't turn wood into coke at the smelter
wood oven much? :P

What's a wood oven?   There's a wood furnace, and a brick oven, ....
There is no wood furnace. That buildings exists in vanilla, but not in MDF.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 18, 2014, 02:53:29 am »

I can't turn wood into coke at the smelter
wood oven much? :P

What's a wood oven?   There's a wood furnace, and a brick oven, ....

The classic 'make charcoal' reaction is available in the wood oven/furnace. There is only one wood thingie in the furnace menu. That's inefficient but being wasteful is fun.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 18, 2014, 09:40:01 am »

Here are the furnaces that my Succubi have available in 5.07:
  • Wood Furnace (w)
  • Smelter (s)
  • Glass Furnace (g)
  • Kiln (k)
  • Magma Smelter (l)
  • Magma Glass Furnace (a)
  • Magma Kiln (n)
  • Floating glass furnace
  • ==========ILLUMINATION==
  • Brazier (orange) (r)
  • Candelabra (orange) (x)
  • Fireplace (orange) (z)
  • Torchbearer Statue (red)
  • Gem of Light (white)
  • Soul Lantern (blue) (i)
  • Glowing Pentagram (magen (u)
  • =========SUCCUBUS RITUAL
  • Well of souls (S)
  • The Eternal Rose (E)
  • ======= FURNACES ======
  • Metallurgist's Forge (i)
  • *Magma Metallurgist's Fo (I)
  • Magma well (Alt+m)
  • Ore Processor (H)
  • Brick oven (V)
  • *Magma Brick oven (V)
  • Slag Pit (S)
  • Gemforge (N)
  • Glassforge (W)
  • Crematorium (X)
  • =========== PORTALS ===
  • Blue Portal (b)
  • Red Portal (c)
  • ==========DECORATIONS===
  • Display Stand (Alt+d)
  • Fountain (Alt+e)
  • Patch of Grass (Alt+g)
  • Decorational Socket (Alt+w)
  • Red Carpet - Center (Alt_m)
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 18, 2014, 09:51:26 am »

After the failed reaction I could see a message 'Milith soldier cancels pickup equipment : type mismatch'. Queuing another stygian bronze blade whip works as intended, providing a weapon.

Gathering the bug reports, it seems that the forge reaction is made of old code so I would not surprised if old bugs persist inside.

I cannot get it to work at all.  Starting from that same save, I toggled on the civilian alert (to stop the bowsuccubi from going back up on the western wall and being shot at), and queued up a second stygian bronze blade-whip in the same magma workshop where the first one was due to be created.  I waited, and the first non-bar job was completed, and the second was begun immediately, also with no bar.  I waited for that to finish, then queued up a third stygian bronze blade-whip in the second magma forge, and that one ALSO was begun without a bar.  While that was going on I queued up a stygian bronze duel sword job in the first magma forge, and that one was started WITH a bar.  When it finished I had a +stygian bronze duel sword+ (weight 1, value 1170).

I tried queueing up an iron blade-whip, and that job was also started without a bar.

Every weapon that I have tried to create has worked except blade-whips.  They fail every time.

Maybe this is something that only works in Windows, and not in Linux.  But it's incredibly strange that it is so consistent and so isolated to this one type of weapon.  A broader vanilla DF bug with weaponsmithing would have been noticed long ago, one would think.

====================

Looking at the raws, [NAME:blade-whip:blade-whips] appears to be missing a [MATERIAL_SIZE:x] tag, which the other weapons have.  Maybe the Windows version fills in some default value here, which the Linux version does not?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 10:02:38 am by greycat »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 18, 2014, 11:01:32 am »

I'll test it on linux when I get the chance. This is likely this, because DF use the material size to figure how much bars to use.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 11:11:42 am by Boltgun »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #142 on: June 18, 2014, 11:53:11 am »

Greycat: You are not playing the download I offer, are you? The official windows version.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 18, 2014, 12:02:42 pm »

I am using the Windows .7z download, on top of which I extract Toady One's Dwarf Fortress for Linux (0.34.11) and then DFhack which I compiled myself.

What I did not do was apply the "template.lng" changes to the Dwarf Fortress executable program.  (That seems just a touch dodgy at the moment.)  So, if there are any skill name or workshop name changes that were achieved by binary-editing the Windows Dwarf Fortress executable program, I won't have those.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #144 on: June 18, 2014, 12:04:26 pm »

And thats the reason why you do have a wood furnace. ;)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 18, 2014, 12:47:43 pm »

Okay on linux the stygian blade whip bug happens, and adding material size fix that. Not for the already queued job, but the next ones behave like it does on windows, producing weapons as it should.

This will be fixed in the next version.

Edit  : Wood furnace and wood oven are the same.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 12:49:17 pm by Boltgun »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #146 on: June 19, 2014, 07:21:09 pm »

Found a tiny bug:

Code: [Select]

[REACTION:FLOAT_CLEAR_WINDOW]
[NAME:Pour clear glass windows(6)]
[BUILDING:GLASS_FLOAT:CUSTOM_W]
[REAGENT:2:1:ROUGH:NONE:GLASS_CLEAR:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:6:WINDOW:NONE:GLASS_GREEN:NONE]
[FUEL]
[SKILL:GLASSMAKER]

[REACTION:FLOAT_CLEAR_BLOCKS]
[NAME:Pour clear glass blocks(6)]
[BUILDING:GLASS_FLOAT:CUSTOM_B]
[REAGENT:2:1:ROUGH:NONE:GLASS_CLEAR:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:6:BLOCKS:NONE:GLASS_GREEN:NONE]
[FUEL]
[SKILL:GLASSMAKER]

Says its clear glass, make green glass. I fixed it for the next release. :)

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 21, 2014, 01:35:51 pm »

Ran into some more dfhack script temporary field names.  And I think I managed to cause a loyalty cascade.  I'm not sure whether the two are related....

...al/src/MWDF/Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/addsyndrome2.lua:29: Cannot write field unit_syndrome.unk1: not found.
stack traceback:
[C]: in function '__newindex'
...al/src/MWDF/Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/addsyndrome2.lua:29: in function 'assignSyndrome'
...al/src/MWDF/Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/addsyndrome2.lua:48: in function 'effect'
...al/src/MWDF/Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/addsyndrome2.lua:55: in main chunk
(...tail calls...)
...rc/MWDF/Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/succubus/berserk.lua:67: in main chunk
(...tail calls...)
...al/src/MWDF/Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/fovcommand11.lua:109: in main chunk
(...tail calls...)

OK, that one's easy to find (unk1 -> wound_id), so I fixed that, then let the game continue to run.  Looks like it was triggered when I had one of my Succubi learn the berserk rage thing, and then she tried to use it.

After a little while, everything was fighting.  It was horrible.  There are dead animals and Succubi all over.

Then I got a whole bunch of these:

...al/src/MWDF/Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/addsyndrome2.lua:33: Cannot write field unit_syndrome.T_symptoms.unk1: not found.
stack traceback:
...al/src/MWDF/Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/addsyndrome2.lua:33: in function 'assignSyndrome'
...al/src/MWDF/Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/addsyndrome2.lua:48: in function 'effect'
(...tail calls...)
(...tail calls...)
(...tail calls...)

Moral of the story: continue banging head against git until I find out how to get the old version of the code back so I can find the unk1 and unk2 fields, then never learn berserk rage again. :(

Update: unk1 and unk2 inside unit_syndrome.T_symptoms (addsyndrome2.lua lines 33-34) are "quantity" and "delay" respectively.

Update 2: now I get:
...al/src/MWDF/Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/addsyndrome2.lua:35: Cannot write field unit_syndrome.T_symptoms.flags: complex object.
stack traceback:
...al/src/MWDF/Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/addsyndrome2.lua:35: in function 'assignSyndrome'
(...tail calls...)
(...tail calls...)
(...tail calls...)

Annnnd, changing sympt.flags to sympt.flags.whole seems to have fixed that one.  Or at least, I was able to let the game run for a while (more and more Succubi dying) without any further DFhack errors.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 02:57:52 pm by greycat »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #148 on: June 21, 2014, 09:16:17 pm »

CRAZED on civ members leads to loyality cascades. You need to use OPPOSED_TO_LIFE to avoid that.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 22, 2014, 03:32:35 am »

The problem is that berserk does not add crazed at any time. Sow discord is the only place when I use CRAZED, and I just removed it. Did you run this reaction too?
I ported your bugfixes in the script and will test it again.

Edit : I got it, it is because you compiled dfhack from the master branch, while the windows build of MWDF uses r4. Several unk values has been identified since that release. If you have a backup, perhaps you can try using berserk rage again with the fixed addsyndrome.

I added an update (download link) including the bug fixes we previously talked about and more manual content. The succubus are also vulnerable to black lung again, except for corrupted dwarves. Summoning orthi is once again slightly harder.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 07:59:47 am by Boltgun »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 43