Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 46

Author Topic: ☼Orcs☼ - Everything Orc Mode - Taking suggestions!  (Read 84637 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Orcs☼ - Everything Orc Mode
« Reply #210 on: September 13, 2014, 10:27:12 pm »

Clouds for all I know have no affect on thoughts or anything except if it causes injury and even then it might not register as a thought.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 14, 2014, 12:00:48 am »

According to raws, it looks like you guys are correct, beer vapor can apply a syndrome that makes you not require drink while milk-and-honey vapor is not require food.  Should affect all races and creatures.

details
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #212 on: September 15, 2014, 06:14:29 am »

what exactly are the orc_industry_mat bars? because for some reason I cant seem to build a damascene forge. I've never had a problem with this in the past. but now i need the knowledge i can't remember. murphys law sucks. I hope murphy got hanged
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #213 on: September 15, 2014, 06:18:36 am »

iron or ironbone.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #214 on: September 15, 2014, 07:17:21 am »

iron or ironbone.
Plenty of both and still not working
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Kartag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 15, 2014, 07:34:22 am »

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 15, 2014, 08:04:54 am »

Same problem here too with the orc bars.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 15, 2014, 09:18:43 am »

[INORGANIC:IRON]
[INORGANIC:RUSTY_IRON]
[INORGANIC:RUSTY_STEEL]
[INORGANIC:STEEL]

3x bars, any combination for Damascene.  Plus 3 firesafe blocks and an anvil.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #218 on: September 15, 2014, 07:35:02 pm »

was able to get my demascene forge by melting down the steel corsets the succubi had "traded" (More like robbed me blind then gave me compensation) with me for. In the next update could you include ironbone and bloodsteel for the damasc? from now on i'm going to pay attention to the stuff it asks for when building.

In a new fort, got a mood and from that mood...
so now i'm churning out the masterwork wolfram polehammers and mithril dai-katanas. beak wolves tried to siege me, and ran into my chained war mumak by the front door. Then my military dropped in from behind. an entire siege of fifty-odd stranglers was broken by a single mumakil child, which suffered a broken ear and a bruised everywhere. Red dragon pops in at the same time as a migrant wave appears and is defeated by a snaga. i had cage traps lined up for that thing!
It was the only red dragon female in the world
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 09:54:45 pm by Insanegame27 »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 26, 2014, 04:12:25 am »

So what skill do the labour cells use? I need more wood and I can't figure out how to use the elf cell.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 26, 2014, 09:37:40 am »

Diplomacy (i.e. the skill that in vanilla was "soap making")

Quote from: Insanegame27
It was the only red dragon female in the world

Hope it was delicious :D
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 01:00:14 pm by smakemupagus »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #221 on: September 28, 2014, 05:04:20 am »

Diplomacy (i.e. the skill that in vanilla was "soap making")

Wait, so your telling me soap TALKS now?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 28, 2014, 12:55:13 pm »

No, it *used* to talk.  These days soap is made by chemists, and the former soap makers are now free to be diplomats.

Meph changed a number of the professions, so when I looked up the answer in files for Gamerlord, it says "soap making" in the code.  But I am pretty sure that the skill and profession that the player will see is "diplomacy".  It's something you all will have to navigate in your mod too.  If you look at the entity raws for orcs or another race you'll see the difference between the internal ID for each profession and its display name.  You'll also want to refer to wiki to understand the difference between profession and skill tokens.  The latter are what is used in reactions, and they're not always exactly the same as the corresponding profession token.

This has implications for graphics too.  E.g. assuming you want your "diplomat" to be a wasp with a top hat and a monocle you'd have to assign that sprite to the "soap maker" profession.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 01:54:58 pm by smakemupagus »

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 28, 2014, 02:07:13 pm »

All of the skill renaming is stated in the "general info" page of the manual (first page of the first category).
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

brioners

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 29, 2014, 09:20:59 pm »

Hi guys, first time poster here. Congrats on the mod, it is all I play currently. I have a question, which profession/skill does the Raiders Drydock uses? Thanks (Sorry if my english is bad, but it is not my first language)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 46