Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 46

Author Topic: ☼Orcs☼ - Everything Orc Mode - Taking suggestions!  (Read 84730 times)

GreyPowerVan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Orcs☼ - Everything Orc Mode
« Reply #75 on: July 01, 2014, 11:38:22 am »

Right just add it into the manual somewhere, because it led me to believe I could make fire-safe materials from bone.  Thanks for the help.

windalu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2014, 06:30:45 pm »

fire-safe blocks.. yea it is a bit annoying but only the first time and only if you dont bring any picks or stone or metal. All you need is 1 boulder to start, get smelter, burn wood to ash and build all your industry from that ash :D But it would be nice to be able to make clay collecting building or woodburning (like the one Kobolds have) :)

I also just encountered one more serious matter (not very serious though) - Tribal Wargear workshop, making bloodsteel weapons probably want blood only in barrels, blood in large pots cannot be used (I can make ironbone versions of the weapons, I have pots of blood, cannot make bloodsteel versions of the weapons. Making bloodsteel bars at Boneforge works fine.) I have just now tested it, made 1 barrel with blood and now I can make bloodsteel weapon at Tribal Wargear...

GreyPowerVan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2014, 08:17:03 pm »

I don't mean to ask a lot, but what are ORC_INDUSTRY_MAT blocks?  I can't seem to make a factory, even though I remember making them in my last fortress...

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2014, 08:56:12 pm »

Iron, steel, and rusty versions of both.

windalu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 02, 2014, 07:13:02 am »

I have just noticed Orcs cannot press peat (Screw Press building) to make fuel - is that itentional?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #80 on: July 02, 2014, 07:13:40 am »

I have just noticed Orcs cannot press peat (Screw Press building) to make fuel - is that itentional?
Probably.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

ussdefiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 02, 2014, 01:23:47 pm »

If anyone wants to try "fixed" magic, along with magic weapons and runerobes actually adding their benefit, feel free to check out how awful my first attempt at MDF modding is.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8625

I didn't modify other races, like gnomes, but the changes might affect their "on equip" items that previously didn't do anything. Or it might cause your house to spontaneously combust.

Just to be clear, has this been incorporated into the latest MDF versions?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #82 on: July 02, 2014, 01:26:15 pm »

yes
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 06, 2014, 07:45:53 am »

Greetings friends

Just wanted to stop in to say hi and thanks to everyone who has done maintenance and added some awesome sounding new content.  I still won't be playing too much for a while and all the new mod and script changes go over my head, and of course with Toady's version coming I'll be way behind.  Although I am happy to support the Moar Dakka initiative :)

Best
Smak

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 12, 2014, 09:59:19 pm »

v5.10.OF1 (work in progress / not released)

To do:

* Add reaction for sporetree saplings; gnarled roots
* Add reaction to dispose/use contracts

Unconfirmed:

* Reports that wearable magic items are broken...  did something change in DFHack or Putnam scripts?  I may need help with this one.  For now I will just hang tight and do some more test and/or hope that USSDefiant's mentioned fix is all that was needed.

Suggestions

+ Low-level dreamwalker weapon
+ Sorting bench
+ magmalings/waterlings steal from Dwarves (if i can figure out how they work)
+ Moar dakka (I'm all for it although the things I've seen suggested I think are already in functionally:  Crescent moon knives/Dragon beard hooks/Karambits = warclaws/bladed chains/large dagger)
+ Honour Guard's Armour that builds on the Rebalance team's War Banner system (sure! but i want also to avoid duplicating the effect of wardrums / warhorns)
+ Advanced Orc Raids and additional loot variations (was always intended)
+ Allow tobacco smoking at the outlander Tavern or orcish Meadhall?
+ A cheap farm/verminhunting animal to fill lowcost niche in orcish ranches (squigs obviously?)
+ Make industrial orc buildings require power (steamfurnace, factory, etc.)
+ Heavy weapons emplacement (req. dwarf captive/tools/cannon)
+ Medium weapon emplacement (req. human captive/tools/mechbow)
+ Allow Blindness / Nerve Stapling operations at Altar of Storms

Bug Reports
+ Frostskald destroy clothes with own frostspell frost damage (oops? does netherbark and steel wear away or only cheap clothes?)
+ No longer any way to make vanilla-like clay objects (pots, crafts, etc.) at Clay Oven?  Possibly something changed in Dwarf mode that affects us? 
+ Scalps too valuable - item_tool is missing size token?
+ Lamellar robes use a clothing item, which means that they do wear away
+ Mumakil (which were not available for purchace usually before; only capture from the wild) are probably a bit too cheap
+ New farm raid reaction returns extra chance to keep your longboat, so occassionally you get 2 boats back
+ Some orc's favorite minerals are menu placeholders like "***ORES***"
+ Even after rework The Altar of Storms minotaur transform still creates sad, cowardly minotaurs rather than bloodthirsty labyrinth guards
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 02:16:51 pm by smakemupagus »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 13, 2014, 01:48:47 am »

YEEEEEEEES. Is this gonna be compatible with the new df release?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 13, 2014, 10:38:01 am »

YEEEEEEEES. Is this gonna be compatible with the new df release?

Sorry it won't be immediately -- The DFHack and then Masterwork updates are much bigger projects and have to happen first, I think.  The DF2014 compatibility changes that are Orc fort specific are going to be more subtle like balancing the swing and recovery times for orcish weapons.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 13, 2014, 10:53:45 am »

I don't really care; at least this will be getting some expansion/updating!

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 13, 2014, 12:53:33 pm »

Do you guys know, is there now a way to make buildings (i.e. factory or steamfurnace) require power, like from wind or watermills? 

(if you can point me to another building in another part of the mod I can probably figure out how it works)

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 13, 2014, 01:05:58 pm »

Do you guys know, is there now a way to make buildings (i.e. factory or steamfurnace) require power, like from wind or watermills? 

(if you can point me to another building in another part of the mod I can probably figure out how it works)

Try looking at the gnomish arc furnace or thunder forge or some other machine sounding building maybe?

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 46