Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 46

Author Topic: ☼Orcs☼ - Everything Orc Mode - Taking suggestions!  (Read 84653 times)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Orcs☼ - Everything Orc Mode
« Reply #615 on: July 17, 2015, 11:27:10 pm »

I don't mind people asking at all, because I'm glad people enjoy the mod.  But no, there's no ETA -- i now have two very small children, so i really have no idea.

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: July 18, 2015, 01:53:26 pm »

are you against other people helping? i'll be a sad camper if there's no orcs later on
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: July 18, 2015, 01:54:39 pm »

Part of the problem is thier main thing - raiding - got gimped by the new army mechanics.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: July 18, 2015, 03:39:56 pm »

Meh... Raiding was a thing long before force_siege existed, just have to rebalance the costs.  Honestly force_siege isn't really a great difficulty for an experienced orc commander anyway, if you know a siege is coming you can crush it and it's just even more bonus loot.

I'm open to help, people have already contributed (see Nihil above, eg).  An experienced modder could probably do a straight port to 40.x in less than a weekend, I've already said several times I would welcome that.  But experienced modders have their own projects.  I'm not looking to lead a team effort of people who need organization and workflow and bugfixing, that's too much like work :p
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 06:22:52 pm by smakemupagus »

-Nihil-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: July 18, 2015, 04:17:27 pm »

I am sometimes tempted to do that port, just cutting out the stuff that wont work without some modifications but I really should be spending that time looking for a job instead D:

The port of the domestic creatures is half done or so. I can finish it in a night whenever I get the time really. Although I am not sure I really understand how the "gait" is implemented, I am just copying it from other comparable animals so it should work fine though.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: July 18, 2015, 07:32:26 pm »

A big part of the PITA of the port will be reverting the professions from old-Masterwork to vanilla, both in the caste skill rates & creature graphics (which has to be figured out up front -- not time consuming at all, just a bit of a bother) and then in all the reactions.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #621 on: July 19, 2015, 04:19:06 am »

I'll help, but you need to wait 2-3 months.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: July 19, 2015, 08:55:07 am »

Sounds good .

It's likely there'll be at least a start available for people to play with by then, but your help will still be quite welcome :)

Where are you these days?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #623 on: July 19, 2015, 09:03:24 am »

Arrived today in Samarkand, Uzbekistan. Google it, it's a nice place. Center of the historic silkroad, more or less. Took a picture a few days ago of a caravanserai, had to think about your orc buildings ;)

I already got the Iran visa, just waiting for Turkmenistan now. Will go there on the 31.07, pass through quickly, then head into Iran. Have to take all my money in cash, and internet might be slim to non-existent for a while.

Bike is doing fine, but I need a haircut by now :D
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: July 19, 2015, 01:13:56 pm »

Indeed, read a bit about it when I was doing random googling while thinking about the orcs' caravanserai ;)  There was a famous astronomical observatory there too during the time of Timur's empire.  Very cool! 

Continuing safe travels :D

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #625 on: July 19, 2015, 08:46:08 pm »

Haha, that's great. I love that you randomly know about that observatory, it's one of the places I wanted to see here (because it's awesome), but the other backpackers in the hostel didnt even knew about it. It's only 2km from where I am atm.

Got only ~4000km and 5 countries to go for this year, I'll be home in no time. ;)

Kars

• Bay Watcher
  • registered flex offender
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: July 23, 2015, 03:10:55 am »

What weapon skill do bladed chains use? I would think Lasher, but in the description it says "two-handed flail weapon"
🇮🇹 dall'italia con amore🇮🇹

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: July 23, 2015, 03:13:06 am »

They do use the lasher skill if I'm not mistaken. So did flails (which are maces, not fucking whips,) once upon a time.

Wyzack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: July 25, 2015, 03:14:39 pm »

Small piece of feedback here. I am noticing orcs get in to bad moods easier than dorfs or humans. I get that this is probably to represent them being I'll tempered but it gets really bad when a few die from military service. It has gotten to the point where I just snipe with my snaga because the ensuing tantrums are not worth risking a melee brawl. Seems counterintuitive for a warrior culture

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: July 25, 2015, 04:22:23 pm »

Yep, prone to rage.  I think infighting between clans is sufficiently orky canon that I'm happy with how it works.

It is definitely possible to leave the gates open, vanquish every enemy in melee, bury dozens if not hundreds of your own dead without a tantrum spiral, this is the usual path for my forts.  (If you're really having trouble, I suggest more bling in dorms, mess hall etc.  Booze, varied foods etc.  If you are not taking special steps to keep your uruks and ologs happy, you're playing with fire!)

It's also possible to have a tantruming olog kill your clanleader with the high velocity corpse of your shaman, which I've seen at least once :p
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 04:26:52 pm by smakemupagus »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 46