Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 57

Author Topic: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode  (Read 109936 times)

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode
« Reply #735 on: March 29, 2015, 09:37:06 pm »

Well, I don't understand DF modding good enough to suggest something on this, but still. If making creatures from corpses through interactions is still possible, why not? If regular zombies would be just more controllable (e.g. not OPPOSED_TO_LIFE all the time), it would be efficient and close to vanilla at the same time.

But, I guess, it wouldn't work, because raised corpses won't be considered player's civ members anyway :-\
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #736 on: March 30, 2015, 04:14:35 am »

It's NOT possible.

Reanimating a corpse is possible. Not creating a new creature.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Sver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: March 30, 2015, 07:16:37 am »

I mean, is it possible to create zombie-citizens from corpses (not discussing the source of said corpses)?
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #738 on: March 30, 2015, 07:24:42 am »

No.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Sver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: March 30, 2015, 08:12:46 am »

Well, it came to its logical conclusion.
DF Combat Reworked

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: March 30, 2015, 09:37:08 am »

That leaves the issue of... what kind of peasantry? Elven peasants and a crazy elven druid? Dwarven peasants and a crazy dwarven magmamancer turning people into golems? Human peasants with a crazy necromancers?

I need a base creature for them... I'd assume they'd be humans.

My first impulse is to say all three, with that 'multiple sub-groups within a civ' idea that was kicked around a while ago for elves and humans. But since that'd probably be too much work while you're on the road I think a poll would probably be better, there's a lot of forum-goers that don't say much otherwise. I'd probably vote for the human necromancers too; they've already got a lot of structural depth to them so they'll probably feel "complete" faster, plus the 'evil/crazy wizard' is pretty much always a super-ambitious human in generic fantasy settings like this. But more people might feel dwarves are better for the role, since the game is kinda named after them and amoral "dwarven science" threads are pretty typical of the DF fanbase- if not the canonical "Always lawful good" DF dwarves.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 09:43:24 am by LMeire »
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #741 on: March 30, 2015, 11:21:10 am »

Since caste-specific graphics dont really work, it would mean a civ for each.

misiekm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: March 30, 2015, 05:15:47 pm »

Has anyone figured out if it's at all possible to make skeletons reliably gain skills by training?
 I suppose there are always the old danger rooms, but that's a last resort if anything.

lordofgilneas

• Bay Watcher
  • And i suppose you think you're the one to do it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: April 02, 2015, 06:35:56 am »

I don't know if anyone has reported this. But if you try to create a squad using steward the game crashes. Also.... None of my starter warlocks/witches are viable candidates for ghoulmaster or crypt lord... Who do I appoint?

Emperor

• Bay Watcher
  • Time is fleeting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: April 02, 2015, 08:48:25 am »

I don't know if anyone has reported this. But if you try to create a squad using steward the game crashes. Also.... None of my starter warlocks/witches are viable candidates for ghoulmaster or crypt lord... Who do I appoint?

Cryptlord is a skeleton commander, and so is ghoulmaster, but for ghouls instead. So, cryptlord needs to be a skeleton, and ghoulmaster needs to be a ghoul.

No idea about the steward crash, though.

lordofgilneas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: April 02, 2015, 10:55:27 am »

I see.... So how do I get ghouls or skeles? I didn't start with any.

Emperor

• Bay Watcher
  • Time is fleeting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: April 02, 2015, 11:26:54 am »

Ghouls can be created from caged prisoners in the Corruption Chamber. Skeletons, on the other hand, are created in the Necromantic Shrine, from one soul, 10 bones, a totem and some thread.

lordofgilneas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: April 02, 2015, 11:56:52 am »

Thank you for the advice.

Enepttastic

• Bay Watcher
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: April 02, 2015, 08:56:28 pm »

Ghouls can be created from caged prisoners in the Corruption Chamber. Skeletons, on the other hand, are created in the Necromantic Shrine, from one soul, 10 bones, a totem and some thread.
Actually, skeletons use leather, not thread.

Quick bit of head's up: There's some errors in the raws relating to ghouls. You can only promote a non-augmented ghoul(i.e. no four armed, two headed, or both) to Ghoulmaster. This can be fixed by popping into your raws folder(dwarffortress/raws/objects) and finding entity_evil_warlock.txt and changing this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
to this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sadly, you would need to generate a new world for the change to take effect. If you're messing in the raws to fix that, you may as well fix the ghoul upgrades as well in reaction_warlock.txt info for that can be found here.

That said, after looking into the steward squad bug, I can't figure out why the hell it's happening. As far as I can see, there's nothing in the raws for the position that'd have it show up in the military screen. Granted I'm not really fond of how the Warlock military's set up period so I've been contemplating doing some tweaks to restructure it as a whole. Half-thinking of giving the Steward a squad in order to circumvent that bug as well as giving me an option for a non-combatant squad so I can make sure my warlocks have armor. Also debating on changing the Crypt Lord position to be unrestricted and removing the Ghoulmaster position altogether.
If I ask a question assume I saw the answer and am thankful for it. I've a bad habit of testing the answer immediately and then forgetting to reply >.>

lordofgilneas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: April 02, 2015, 10:13:32 pm »

Yeah thought you ought to know. Thanks man.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 57