Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 57

Author Topic: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode  (Read 109989 times)

Lokked

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode
« Reply #705 on: March 15, 2015, 03:31:56 am »

Tried doing some raiding (only thing I haven't done with Warlocks).

In the Overlord Throne Room, I can select Steal, Kidnap or Kill options, and the line below that says, "Select One Target From Below" (something like that), but I have no targets.

I understand that I can get targets from interrogating prisoners, but how do I get prisoners? I have a bunch of caged invaders. Can I turn them into Prisoners? I tried auto-dumping their cages next to the centre square of the Interrogation Chambers and Corruption Chambers, then ran the reactions: Do dice.

Is there a rundown of how this industry works? I scoured the manual, but nothing was working out for me. The manual states you need prisoners to gain intel, to do better raids. I have no intel to begin with. What's the starting point?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #706 on: March 15, 2015, 03:41:34 am »

It's a bit difficult at first, but your target is "countryside", its the only one that is readily available. But you need a raiding kit first. Check your craftsmans shop.

thats your starting point. Make raiding kits, choose other steal (items), kidnap (prisoners) or kill (corpses/scalps) and pick countryside.

If you have prisoners, you can get more intel and raid other locations. Prisoners are items, it's "caged prisoner" a tool. You can either release them, in which case you get a cage and a live pet creature, or you can use the item in the interogation/torture chambers.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: March 18, 2015, 06:50:15 pm »

How do you start up the book industry? I know the reagents that are needed, but what building creates the books? It says in the manual you can make, buy, or steal them, but I dont fully understand.

Lokked

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: March 19, 2015, 12:39:01 pm »

For making, if you build the Library - Centre, I think you will have that answer. The Library - Centre doesn't require books. It makes the books which all other sections require.

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: March 19, 2015, 07:10:41 pm »

God damn it......Lying manual. Says 'Each section needs 10 books to be build', so me and my friend assumed "Oh, you need to get books to make it." That needs cleaere wording.  >:(

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #710 on: March 20, 2015, 04:53:17 am »

God damn it......Lying manual. Says 'Each section needs 10 books to be build', so me and my friend assumed "Oh, you need to get books to make it." That needs cleaere wording.  >:(
The very next paragraph in the manual described the scriptorium. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: March 21, 2015, 02:30:20 am »

Yes, it describes the scriptorium, but the paragraph on The Library above says '9 different sections are available, sorted by direction....Each section needs 10 books to be build'. One would assume that means ALL sections including the Scriptorium require 10 books to build. It says nowhere the Scriptorium requires no books.

Kara Brandeddiamond

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: March 22, 2015, 04:40:40 am »

Yes, it describes the scriptorium, but the paragraph on The Library above says '9 different sections are available, sorted by direction....Each section needs 10 books to be build'. One would assume that means ALL sections including the Scriptorium require 10 books to build. It says nowhere the Scriptorium requires no books.

I was baffled by the same problem at first. I looked through the menu of all workshops, searching high and low for the reaction and read the following paragraph thrice to get it; I thought we had a catch 22 until I managed to build it.

The only section that does not train spells. Here you can make bind books, produce ink and make transcripts. Its the basis for your library, because books are the build-mats for all other library sections.

Maybe the wording is not clear. Maybe the manual is inaccurate in many things, but I think it is understandable since there are many other things that the the modders have to spend their effort and sacrifice their time on. Use the manual only for reference, no need to be so agitated about it.

Dwarf-Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: March 22, 2015, 02:00:04 pm »

im wondering, is this version generally playable ? what are the main issues to be aware of?

the last time i tried there was just too much, like overlord cannot cast spells, the prisoner feeding cell took whole stacks, exclamation marks all over the place(somehow because of the raiding system) with butchering of bones was also something wrong.

Kara Brandeddiamond

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: March 23, 2015, 01:02:23 am »

im wondering, is this version generally playable ? what are the main issues to be aware of?

the last time i tried there was just too much, like overlord cannot cast spells, the prisoner feeding cell took whole stacks, exclamation marks all over the place(somehow because of the raiding system) with butchering of bones was also something wrong.
6.2 here. So I am not sure how relevant it will be since this latest stable version is based on 0.34, and the modders are working on 0.4x DF.

The overlord cannot learn spells. Some spells cannot be learned at all by other necromancers, it seems, too much a hassle with the ingredient requirements to test, probably due to the bin/barrel issue in 0.34. The zombies seems to be especially bad with the bins, or maybe it's because of the ethereal bins.

Never noticed the feed stack issue, since the warlock fortress is swimming in meat.

Exclamation marks; in one game I observed that each time after issuing an order the overlord slowly walks away, drop the exclamation mark, and then slowly walk to the interrogation room to retrieve the raid information. The raid process ignores the kidnap order that the overlord dropped around and I ended up using up all the information from the initial prisoners without kidnapping anyone new.

In another game I turned a witch who just fell in love into an overlord, he/she then get married, throw a party, get haunted by the ghost of a zombie, and go on a permanent break.  Zombies could not be entombed, even after being manually assigned an tomb, the warlocks just bring the body parts to the coffin and stand there. Memorial slab worked to put the ghostly zombie to rest, but the transsexual overlord was still on break, s/he does respond to military calls though. Fun.

No idea about the butchering bones.

The warlock throws haste and charge at everyone, including the angry deep ones and the forgotten beasts in my caverns, even though he just passed nearby once. Pretty soon, everybody's standing up and standing up.

Caged siege invaders turned into ghouls remain hostile even though they became citizens, unlike succubus version; had to resort to dfhack's makeown.

FPS death of the universe with a lot less population than other civilizations, maybe it's all those sieges, maybe it's the pylon network, or all those spells. 

Bone wolves are created untamed, had to cage and then train them, no idea with Gargantuan bone golems, since they don't show up in animal list, even after being caged.  No idea about the demons bought from Demonic attorney, since I played with them before I learned that you have to cage and train the created beasts. One Grimeling turned renegade and an epic battle ensued.

But yeah, it's playable and lots of FUN, really.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 01:24:21 am by Kara Brandeddiamond »

j4m

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: March 25, 2015, 09:25:30 pm »

How do you get controllable zombies? The ones I spawn from my graveyard are always mindless.

Enepttastic

• Bay Watcher
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: March 26, 2015, 12:01:23 am »

How do you get controllable zombies? The ones I spawn from my graveyard are always mindless.

Necromatic Shrine. Despite what the manual says, it doesn't actually require corpses, just body parts. Bones can count for that. For whatever reason, they show up as livestock and not "units." Dwarf Therapist classifies them as units and lets you assign jobs however.

Slightly related: Creating skeletons from the shrine uses leather, not thread FYI.

Unrelated edit to keep from double-posting:
In running a "learning" warlock fort, just learned that the "Butcher Torso" reaction in the Execution Chamber is going after legs and not the torso:

This(in /raw/objects/reaction_warlock.txt):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Should be:

Just tested and can be done on active saves. Now I'm debating on seeing if I can figure out a way to bisect "pet" prisoners and also get bones out of the reactions...
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 02:36:16 am by Enepttastic »
If I ask a question assume I saw the answer and am thankful for it. I've a bad habit of testing the answer immediately and then forgetting to reply >.>

j4m

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: March 26, 2015, 10:07:26 am »

Necromatic Shrine. Despite what the manual says, it doesn't actually require corpses, just body parts. Bones can count for that. For whatever reason, they show up as livestock and not "units." Dwarf Therapist classifies them as units and lets you assign jobs however.

Slightly related: Creating skeletons from the shrine uses leather, not thread FYI.

In running a "learning" warlock fort, just learned that the "Butcher Torso" reaction in the Execution Chamber is going after legs and not the torso:

Should be:

Just tested and can be done on active saves. Now I'm debating on seeing if I can figure out a way to bisect "pet" prisoners and also get bones out of the reactions...
Thanks, I was really confused.

Kara Brandeddiamond

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: March 26, 2015, 08:34:54 pm »

Should be:

You can also use "u" to bring up a screen, embedded by dfhack that came with masterwork I believe, and then "tab" to switch to animals, then press "l" to assign labors to the zombies.

The attach limbs to ghouls also use the wrong material but somehow I managed to produce the 2 headed 4 armed ghoul.

Enepttastic

• Bay Watcher
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: March 26, 2015, 09:08:10 pm »

You can also use "u" to bring up a screen, embedded by dfhack that came with masterwork I believe, and then "tab" to switch to animals, then press "l" to assign labors to the zombies.

The attach limbs to ghouls also use the wrong material but somehow I managed to produce the 2 headed 4 armed ghoul.

Hadn't noticed that but then again, I'm not finding ghouls to be worth my time so far. That said, changing the following in reaction_warlock.txt:

to

should help. Seems that without that fix, one can only go Ghoul -> 4-Arms -> 2-Head 4-Arms.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 09:22:03 pm by Enepttastic »
If I ask a question assume I saw the answer and am thankful for it. I've a bad habit of testing the answer immediately and then forgetting to reply >.>
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 57