Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 57

Author Topic: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode  (Read 109975 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode
« Reply #690 on: March 11, 2015, 01:43:08 am »

With prisoners, race determines size which determines the quantity of bones and meat you get.

If I'm not mistaken, skeletons are very slightly bugged. I think they learn bone carving and mining though (might be wrong.)

As to the convocation, unless there's a corpse I don't think you can resurrect them.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: March 12, 2015, 12:04:20 am »

I also noticed that skeletons do gain experience on their tasks other than military. At first I thought they only get via Inscriptor, which obviously speed things up, but it is not as vital as I thought, which is good.

This is a bug. They SHOULDN'T be gaining experience from anything besides military skills, although they start with innate levels in mining and bone carving.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Emperor

• Bay Watcher
  • Time is fleeting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: March 12, 2015, 02:23:04 am »

Well, they learn cooking and engraving just as fine as dwarves do.
Turns out the base skeleton does have the [SKILL_RATES:1:0:0:0]  that the ironbone/bloodsteel/dreadnought skeleton castes have. Thats why the learn some skill now. But they shouldnt.

That pretty much explains everything, so, yes - it is a bug.

Lokked

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: March 12, 2015, 01:15:37 pm »

This is how I treat them, anyways. I only rely on the Inscriptor to skill them up. To me, it take too long anyways to just have them build things, and since they can't trade with Caravan's, you get a lot of useless crap that you have to magmatize.

I play with Harder Learning on, and to be honest, the Incriptor is a little overpowered in this mode. It's not so much materials needed, but the time it takes to go from 0 to 18 in a skill is VERY fast. Perhaps it could be changed to increase by 2s instead of 3s.

RodriguesSting

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: March 12, 2015, 04:27:59 pm »

I still got no answer if regular armor have any effect at all on skeletons. Does anyone have any data to give a definitive answer about that? Also, Ghouls don't use the hit points system, right?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: March 12, 2015, 08:30:51 pm »

I still got no answer if regular armor have any effect at all on skeletons.

It should work just fine, although upgraded skeletons have some natural protection of their own. Dreadnought armour on dreadnought skeletons should make them very close to invulnerable, if slow as hell. You might want to up their speed with the soul syphon first.

Also, Ghouls don't use the hit points system, right?

If you're referring to what necromancer raised undead had for damage systems in 34.11, then nope. They're just normal creatures with a few tags to make them faux undead. Armour should work fine on them too, although they should probably have lighter armour at first, as a ghoul's main advantage is its speed.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Lokked

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: March 13, 2015, 01:31:23 am »

Encountered a potential bug, that or I've screwed a setting up somewhere.

One of my warlocks built an Artifact Hourglass. Since this has happened, I can no longer use any hourglasses I've built in reactions, unless I autodump the hourglasses right onto the Soul Syphon.

I've tried the following:
Had Soul Syphon above and below ground. Had Craftsman shop producing Hourglasses above and below ground.
Ensure I have no burrows set (for anything). No Alerts going.
Created a Stockpile of Hourglasses, which does get filled with hourglasses.
I destroyed the Artifact by dropping a roof on it. It no longer shows up in the 'l' (L) screen.

At about the same time, my butchers stopped automatically offering to butcher corpses from fresh kills. I have to manually select them to Butcher on Repeat for them to work.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: March 13, 2015, 05:15:13 am »

Are you sure the butcher problem isn't simply that you accidentally toggled auto-butcher off in the Orders Kitchen menu?

Lokked

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: March 13, 2015, 10:05:52 am »

That is not the problem. It is certainly toggled to Auto Butcher.

mikael grey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: March 13, 2015, 10:20:55 pm »

I still got no answer if regular armor have any effect at all on skeletons.

Yes, regular armor has an effect on skeletons. Even if the bones material is high tier (bloodsteel/dreadnaught), his joints arent. Ive seen dreadnaught skeletons loosing legs and arms very easily to goblins without at least leather armor.

RodriguesSting

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: March 13, 2015, 11:57:31 pm »

Didn't knew about the joints, thanks. So, the skeletons have an HP system here, or you just beat them until they disassemble? How do they actually work?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: March 14, 2015, 12:25:47 am »

They're creatures, like anything else, but without organs and stuff, and all their tissues are made of bone (or ironbone, etc.)  I don't think there's hit points in dwarf fortress.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: March 14, 2015, 12:27:06 am »

Animated dead work on a sort-of point system in version 34.11.

Though the skeletons in this mode are not animated, but rather proper creatures.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: March 14, 2015, 02:12:59 am »

On resurrections, would a revived warlock regain any limbs they lost before death or would I have to put up with them missing an arm or whatever the whole game? I'm asking because I want to use resurrections as an alternative healthcare practice but I'd rather not start sealing injured 'locks in the walls until they starve unless I can actually heal them 100% afterwards.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Lomias

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Trustworthy Elea
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: March 14, 2015, 03:53:22 am »

@LMeire
They do regain all missing limbs and body-parts, but they still have the flag "killed by" - for example, if your 'lock was killed by a weapon, the weapon still has him on it's kill list.
That is most likely reason, why resurrected 'locks can't be assigned to noble positions.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 57