Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 57

Author Topic: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode  (Read 109982 times)

mikael grey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode
« Reply #615 on: December 24, 2014, 07:37:47 am »

Thanks for the report. :)

I'll check the overlord again, and I already found the problem with the zombies. I commented out the INTELLIGENT tag, which seems to make them pets when it concerns spawnunit. Just adding that back fixes them. We are successfully using zombies in our community fortress: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=146594.0

I'll make another bugfix release in the coming days, I'll include the fixes for the issues you posted. Although I'm not quite sure how skeletons still go opposed to life... that shouldnt be possible.

Regarding skeletons, Ive only noticed it once, and it might have been something else. If I notice it again, Ill pause the game and investigate to make a more proper report. Just figured Ill mention it in case someone else noticed something.

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: December 24, 2014, 12:23:35 pm »

Can someone advise me how much Warlocks are actually needed for a first time play? I mean, how often they usually die, even if you don't send them on fights (from strange moods, insane undeads, justice, armok-free unfortunate accidents)? And are there some jobs (professions, not noble positions), which cannot be performed by undeads?
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #617 on: December 24, 2014, 12:32:38 pm »

Can someone advise me how much Warlocks are actually needed for a first time play? I mean, how often they usually die, even if you don't send them on fights (from strange moods, insane undeads, justice, armok-free unfortunate accidents)? And are there some jobs (professions, not noble positions), which cannot be performed by undeads?
'Just like in Dwarf Fortress, there are no un-avoidable deaths. You can play an unlimited amount of time without any deaths, if you got the skill. ;)

For nobles, check the manual. They have all the noble-jobs that dwarves have, just differently set up.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Sver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: December 24, 2014, 01:30:42 pm »

Just like in Dwarf Fortress, there are no un-avoidable deaths. You can play an unlimited amount of time without any deaths, if you got the skill.
Well, warlocks seem to have a very isolated playstyle. So I'm mostly warned about strange moods requiring stuff like glass, cloth, shells and other bizarre things that insane crafter may want. Even in kobold camp it was a problem for me (mostly because of my affection to "dorfs" though), while bolds are probably the most unlimited race in the mod. In vanilla it was pretty common thing to have my original Seven die out in the first 3 years, migrants always save the game anyway. But, according to the manual, it seems that warlocks are your main embark resource...

For nobles, check the manual. They have all the noble-jobs that dwarves have, just differently set up.

I got it from the manual, yeah. But my question was about undead minions (sceletons, ghouls) ability to do all the existing labors with no exceptions.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 01:45:39 pm by Sver »
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #619 on: December 24, 2014, 01:38:35 pm »

Oh sorry, I must have skimmed the question.

All units can do any labor, but they might not learn the fitting skills. Zombies learn nothing, Ghouls mostly butchery/fishing and wrestling/whip, Skeletons all other military skills and can be tought all skills in a workshop, and Warlocks learn a lot just like dwarves.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Sver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: December 24, 2014, 01:43:33 pm »

Thanks again :D

Meanwhile, I updated my post (didn't think you'll answer that fast).
DF Combat Reworked

Hefateus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: December 25, 2014, 02:23:20 pm »

I have had my Skeletons turn OTL while working in areas with no warlocks

Godsnose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: December 26, 2014, 06:35:29 am »

So i have 4 chinchilla corpses sitting in my stock pile and every warlock set to butcher, and for some reason they instead are deciding to starve themselves. am I missing  something obvious or is this a bug?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: December 26, 2014, 06:50:32 am »

So i have 4 chinchilla corpses sitting in my stock pile and every warlock set to butcher, and for some reason they instead are deciding to starve themselves. am I missing  something obvious or is this a bug?

Chinchillas are too small to really use for anything besides raising them as chinchilla zombies, though you might be able to take them to the Necromantic Shrine to raise as restless walkers, if they're still in. It's a good use for corpses too tiny to do anything useful with really.

Godsnose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: December 26, 2014, 06:53:01 am »

Thanks, just killed some coyotes and now i can butcher them. didn't know butchery was tied to size, thanks

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: December 26, 2014, 07:11:27 am »

Thanks, just killed some coyotes and now i can butcher them. didn't know butchery was tied to size, thanks

Yeah. I think the tag is [SMALL_REMAINS] or something like that. Ravens, crows, and a bunch of other small animals have it too. Even without it though, all you would've gotten were skulls.

Vitellozzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: December 26, 2014, 07:33:02 am »

Oh sorry, I must have skimmed the question.

All units can do any labor, but they might not learn the fitting skills. Zombies learn nothing, Ghouls mostly butchery/fishing and wrestling/whip, Skeletons all other military skills and can be tought all skills in a workshop, and Warlocks learn a lot just like dwarves.
So warlocks can do every job?
I thought they could learn only herbalism and something else mage-related, like praying and stuff.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #627 on: December 26, 2014, 09:03:58 am »

AAAAAhhhhhh.

Learn any skill? no.
Do any labor? yes.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: December 26, 2014, 09:17:29 am »

At least now (based on what I've read) one or two don't need to be wasted on mining detail to accompany the skeletons around.

Sver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: December 27, 2014, 06:39:38 am »

Is it normal that skeletons learn skills by themselves, without help of Inscriptor? I mean, even kobolds seem to be slower learners than skeletons.
DF Combat Reworked
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 57