Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 57

Author Topic: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode  (Read 109837 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode
« Reply #465 on: August 02, 2014, 08:15:25 am »

Yes, and they work fine with boulders. if you do BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:MITHRIL, they will break.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Myaso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: August 02, 2014, 08:43:28 am »

There is a reaction with silver (which works, I checked)
[REACTION:MAKE_SILVER_GALENA_WARLOCK]
   [NAME:Grind galena ore to powder]
   [BUILDING:ORE_SHREDDER:CUSTOM_F]
   [REAGENT:A:2:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:GALENA]
   [REAGENT:B:1:BOX:NONE:NONE:NONE][BAG][EMPTY][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:POWDER_MISC:NONE:INORGANIC:SILVER][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:B]
   [SKILL:OPERATE_PUMP]

And there is a reactions like that
[REACTION:MAKE_MITHRIL_WARLOCK]
   [NAME:Grind mithril ore to powder]
   [BUILDING:ORE_SHREDDER:CUSTOM_K]
   [REAGENT:A:1:BOULDER:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:MITHRIL]
   [REAGENT:B:1:BOX:NONE:NONE:NONE][BAG][EMPTY][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:POWDER_MISC:NONE:INORGANIC:MITHRIL][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:B]
   [SKILL:OPERATE_PUMP]
This reaction does not seem to work. (but maby I create wrong Mithril ore)

Sorry, it does seem to work with boulders, yet I incorrectly created Mithril ore.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 09:03:03 am by Myaso »

neon33333

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: August 04, 2014, 07:09:08 pm »

IS there a way to appoint a warlock as a noble after he/she has been resurrected? Ive revived almost every one from rampant vampirism and Im out of warlocks for noble slots haha

thetyler101

• Bay Watcher
  • [SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 05, 2014, 06:23:54 am »

Giant Noob question. I'm having some trouble butchering some prisoners I brought with me on embark. None of them show up on the list of animals. Is there another way to set them as butchering? Am I missing something?

Give that bitch some stone crafts, bitches love stone crafts.

windalu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: August 05, 2014, 11:02:25 am »

Giant Noob question. I'm having some trouble butchering some prisoners I brought with me on embark. None of them show up on the list of animals. Is there another way to set them as butchering? Am I missing something?

you can set them for butchering in the Dwarf Therapist (Animals tab) or in creature view - preference screen.

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: August 05, 2014, 09:20:42 pm »

Or view them, look at preferences menu, and then set slaughter to yes.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: August 07, 2014, 09:08:34 am »

Looks like the issue was backpacks. I queued up several to be made, but they either weren't or otherwise poofed somewhere. Thanks for the help. c:
Probably taken by your military. Try setting at least the skeletons to not carry food or drink.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: August 08, 2014, 06:30:42 am »

little question: is there a way to make anvils as warlock? (maybe with glass?)

i guess i should have taken 2 anvils with me at embark for a bone-forge or a corrupted forge... no idea if the corrupted forge can make anvils though...hmm well guess i have to hope for some caravan or so for anvils... (the block summon gate blocks cant be used to somehow craft anvils or?)

oh and check the coin stockpile settings... there seem to be a whole lot of stuff in the coin tab that probably isn't supposed to be in there... "announcement", "call down the doom", "invite diplomat", "guild extensions", a ton of things... i guess something from the human fort reactions got dumped in the coin stockpile settings?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 06:38:19 am by Nelia Hawk »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #473 on: August 08, 2014, 06:39:43 am »

No, the coin stockpile was always like that, I cant control it.

Anvils = Smelter.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Borshch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: August 08, 2014, 06:57:54 pm »

I cannot create any Ghoul Masters or Crypt lords in the newest version,does anyone have this problem or a solving method?

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: August 09, 2014, 09:08:06 am »

the manual under items lists leather as material to make whips... where can i actually make them? i.e. there is nothing at the leather worker or tailor shop or crafts workshop to make leather whips. (would be neat to have them as ghoul weapons if you dont have anvils for the boneforge/corrupted forge)

and you can craft "bone breastplates" in the craftsworkshop and in the bonecarver... but just the breastplate in the bone carver and all bone armor pieces can be made in the crafts workshop (gauntlets, boots, breastplate, etc).
is it supposed to be craftable in 2 places? or just in the craftsworkshop?
(its no big deal... i just noticed that it appears in 2 workshops. i guess its just a overlap with the vanilla workshop or so)

oh and are bone or stone wraithblades/magestaffs "better"? (not like it matters much)
as you can craft rock staffs/WBs in the crafts workshop but you need a boneforge with anvils to make bone staffs and bone armor.

hmm actually... if you can also make bone armor in the craftsworkshop isnt the requirement of metal anvils for the bone forge a bit "much"? (as the boneforge is supposed to be the early source for bone weapons/armor... and if you dont have anvils you are stuck with rock staffs/WBs and wood/bone bows. and i.e. bone swords/knives (the early skeleton melee weapons?) would require anvils for the boneforge... but if you have anvils you can use them better for a corrupted forge to make ironbone.

edit:
and are created shambling skeletons "supposed" to look like hooded figures? where i.e. the migrant skeletons look like miners/basic skeletons etc?
i.e.
bunch of shamblers and migrant/embark skeletons together training:
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 09:21:30 am by Nelia Hawk »

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: August 09, 2014, 10:55:56 am »

Ok, let me try to answer here ...

Any forge (boneforge, metal forge) can make a "scourge". A scourge is a whip.

A bone or stone staff or wraithblades allow you to equip your warlocks faster (because other industries take more time) but they are most certainly not "better". They will cast the same spell (slow or slade) but when it comes to smacking someone with it then the material it's made of comes into play.

Bone armor isn't really very good and you can get better much faster with your ironbone industry. I will put bone armor on ghouls early on but that's it.

The created shambling skeletons will eventually look like the basic skeletons once they "join" your civ. That takes a little time but soon you won't be able to tell them apart.

Lord Aldrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: August 10, 2014, 05:05:38 pm »

So I dug around but didn't find any mention of this: it looks like regular skeletons can learn skills normally - they don't have the [SKILL_RATES:1:0:0:0] that the other skeleton castes do - is that a bug?

On that note, why is it set to a 1% rate instead of 0% rate ([SKILL_RATES:0:0:0:0]) like the Ghouls and Warlocks have?

Edit: It also looks like Warlocks can't learn wound dressing, even though they can learn the other medical skills.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 05:32:14 pm by Lord Aldrich »

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: August 11, 2014, 01:52:12 pm »

can it be that resurrected warlocks cant be nobles anymore?

Edit: and i guess partial skeletons cant be resurrected anymore?  (no real idea why they are partial skeletons now, most just dehydrated or were drained by a vampire, but they were pretty quickly placed in tombs/burial coffins... *shrugs*)

edit2:
i wonder if it would be possible to make warlock staffs "ranged" weapons like bows... so they stay at range like bows and dont run into melee range throwing slade boulders.
and wraith blades could be used if you want the mages in melee combat then.
as both weapons seem to have a melee and ranged attack maybe the AI thinks it doesnt have "ammo" anymore and runs them into melee combat? similar to i think bows run into melee when they run out of ammo. (not 100% sure bows do run in melee or if they pickup more ammo instead.) if that is the case maybe the AI could be tricked with some "mage orb" ammo that mages then carry around in a quiver and doesnt get used up? maybe out of glass or gems?
so if you want your warlocks in melee combat you dont assign them the orb ammo and when you want them to stay ranged you assign them the ammo?

and it doesnt seem possible to make leather "whip" weapons (at least i havent found a way to make them yet), but scourges and flails are listed as metal/leather materials in the manual under items.

and skeletons apparently wait in the hospital for sutures etc... i guess first they need to go through that and then you can use the morge to put lost limbs back or so?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 09:53:24 am by Nelia Hawk »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: August 12, 2014, 05:09:48 pm »

sorry if this questioned was already answered but i couldn't be bothered to reread the whole thread to see if there was an answer to my question.

The prisoners that pulled my wagon on embark are beginning to starve. Is their anyway to feed them or use them. I can't figure out how to butcher them but ideally i want to save their souls for when i start building phylacteries.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 57