Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 57

Author Topic: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode  (Read 109873 times)

Katarumi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode
« Reply #450 on: July 31, 2014, 08:30:45 pm »

How does one use info in the interrogation room? I have two pieces in the torture room, but no one is moving them to a stockpile and the option is red.

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: July 31, 2014, 08:31:37 pm »

Info as in the item "intel" that prisoners drop when you interrogate them?

Katarumi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 31, 2014, 08:38:23 pm »

Yeah, I think. It's called "prisoners info" here.

Hotawotwot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: August 01, 2014, 12:29:31 am »

This suggestion falls in a pretty wide category but I have a Warlock-specific example. You know how Dwarves have unique threats? (Warlock spies, carp-god cults) Why not add unique threats to the other races? The Warlocks could have to defend against assassins sent by hostile civs (appropriate stats, certain gear for each race, poisons targets a random noble/highest ranked in the fort ie: the overlord). And on the flip side, other races could be visited by one-man sieges by Death/Hunger/War/Pestilence.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 02:25:56 am by Hotawotwot »

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 01, 2014, 02:25:13 am »

Yeah, I think. It's called "prisoners info" here.

The prisoner info is used in the throne room I think. It allows you to hit areas other than the country side.

ilkar399

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: August 01, 2014, 08:31:02 am »

What're the proper settings for a book cover stockpile? I've tried leather tool but it doesn't seem to work.

I've got another suggestion for spawning warlocks in fort - adding a new "throw prisoner into the Abyss" reaction to the Abyss workshop with a low chance of spawning warlock and a high chance of spawning fun (crazy prisoner, berserking warlocks/demons, bad aoe spell effects, ghost army, legendary demon hunting adventuring party, etc.). Imo, this looks quite plausible lore-wise and risky for early fortress (while still usable for late, albeit with some precautions).

Myaso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: August 01, 2014, 03:28:12 pm »

Noticed today a nasty thing. While improving the skeletons attributes jumping randomly. Chose skeleton with 1500+ Agility, decided to improve it. At each stage, respectively, 500+, 1200+ and 264 agility. As a result of the super nimble skeleton was invalid (almost golden, if we estimate the costs). It would be nice in future releases to try to fix it.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 03:30:13 pm by Myaso »

Katarumi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 01, 2014, 07:42:36 pm »

The prisoner info is used in the throne room I think. It allows you to hit areas other than the country side.

This is the info gained from the torture room that isn't checked in the interrogation chamber. The interrogation chamber says it can "check intel"? I'll have to mess with it more later, I got wrecked by dem 1st / 2nd year sieges.

In other news, I have a ghoul born on the 27th of Timber in the year 16. The problem is...it's currently the 3rd of Timber, 15. He displays as one year old and he's listed as a "child", but he butchers things as ghouls are oft to do despite me not being able to change his labors. In Therapist, his age shows properly as -1. He has a 3 year old sibling, who is an ironbone skeleton. Their mother is a necromancer, father is a ghoul. I can't tell whether to be disgusted or what, but I'm amused.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 11:19:13 pm by Katarumi »

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: August 02, 2014, 06:15:24 am »

Having a devil of a time getting souls to store in hourglasses.  Made some rock hourglasses at the craftsdorf, built a soul-syphon, built Graveyard.  Set a 'lock searching for souls on repeat.  Problem is that when the soul generates in the Graveyard it never gets tasked.  The 'store soul' is an auto-generator it seems but none of the warlocks/witches in my little enclave will do that job even with all other labours off.  It sits there till it withers.  Will try using them directly next.

What am I missing here to get them to actually do this storing?  Checked with Therapist and the praying labour is there as it should be, syphon is accessible as are hourglasses.
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

windalu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 02, 2014, 06:23:51 am »

Having a devil of a time getting souls to store in hourglasses.  Made some rock hourglasses at the craftsdorf, built a soul-syphon, built Graveyard.  Set a 'lock searching for souls on repeat.  Problem is that when the soul generates in the Graveyard it never gets tasked.  The 'store soul' is an auto-generator it seems but none of the warlocks/witches in my little enclave will do that job even with all other labours off.  It sits there till it withers.  Will try using them directly next.

What am I missing here to get them to actually do this storing?  Checked with Therapist and the praying labour is there as it should be, syphon is accessible as are hourglasses.

storing souls in hourglasses is the "Sorcery" labour ;)

Myaso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 02, 2014, 06:25:17 am »

I do not understand how to make Mithril dust from the bar. Copper and iron dust turned out to make.
[REACTION:BAR_MAKE_MITHRIL_WARLOCK]
   [NAME:Grind mithril bar to powder]
   [BUILDING:ORE_SHREDDER:CUSTOM_SHIFT_K]
   [REAGENT:A:150:BAR:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:MITHRIL]
   [REAGENT:B:1:BOX:NONE:NONE:NONE][BAG][EMPTY][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:POWDER_MISC:NONE:INORGANIC:MITHRIL][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:B]
   [SKILL:OPERATE_PUMP]
Thought necessary to do a workshop of more durable materials, rebuilt from Mithril components. Nothing has changed.

But as iron dust is prepared. Slightly different structure of the reaction.
[REACTION:BAR_MAKE_HEMATITE_WARLOCK]
   [NAME:Grind iron bar to powder]
   [BUILDING:ORE_SHREDDER:CUSTOM_SHIFT_I]
   [REAGENT:A:150:BAR:NONE:INORGANIC:IRON]
   [REAGENT:B:1:BOX:NONE:NONE:NONE][BAG][EMPTY][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:POWDER_MISC:NONE:INORGANIC:IRON][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:B]
   [SKILL:OPERATE_PUMP]
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 06:45:25 am by Myaso »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #461 on: August 02, 2014, 07:04:12 am »

Change this: [REAGENT:A:150:BAR:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:MITHRIL]

To this: [REAGENT:A:150:BAR:NONE:INORGANIC:MITHRIL]
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Myaso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 02, 2014, 07:52:04 am »

I have already changed. There's half reactions broken.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #463 on: August 02, 2014, 07:55:39 am »

I have already changed. There's half reactions broken.
Sorry, could you repeat that in different words?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Myaso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 02, 2014, 08:14:32 am »

Many reactions like reaction with mithril. And not only with the bars, but also with boulders.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 57