Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 57

Author Topic: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode  (Read 109887 times)

windalu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode
« Reply #390 on: July 29, 2014, 11:46:21 am »

you just need to entomb warlocks quickly before their corpses decay.

To prevent random angry skeleton accidents, I recommend giving each warlock some war pets (animated dreadnought weapons work nicely) and bilding a tight pylon network. Also I started turning artifacts off when playing warlocks after I had to use DFHack to create wool cloth several times :D

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 29, 2014, 11:49:09 am »

you just need to entomb warlocks quickly before their corpses decay.

To prevent random angry skeleton accidents, I recommend giving each warlock some war pets (animated dreadnought weapons work nicely) and bilding a tight pylon network. Also I started turning artifacts off when playing warlocks after I had to use DFHack to create wool cloth several times :D

Their corpses continue to decay inside the coffin though, right? I've noticed that the warlocks who have an arm bone and a partial skeleton just wont' raise at all.:(

I know what you mean about DFHack. Most warlock games it seems like I'm playing dfhack as much as I'm playing dwarf fortress.

mcolombe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 29, 2014, 01:00:36 pm »

I have to say that every warlock must have come from somewhere. if you do run into a situation where all your warlocks are dead, and you can not resurrect them for whatever reason (maybe their body is in a lake, or surrounded by enemies, or their body rotted before you could bring them back to life). I think there should be some kind of reaction implemented, where with 20 souls and 10 enemy scalps( or something along those lines), you could morph a ghoul into a warlock, maybe useing the tier three warlock alter (specially as after the two migrations, you won't be getting any more warlocks). you would kind of think some warlocks were ghouls who learnt dark magic. This is a reasonable suggestion. what do you think guys.

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 29, 2014, 01:08:32 pm »

I absolutely agree with the necessity of it, but I disagree with using a ghoul for thematic reasons.

A skeleton is animated and maintains its animation only through the will of nearby necromancers. A ghoul is a form of undead which just hungers. They aren't "civilized" and are only borderline intelligent. They can learn combat and some other basic skills but not much else.

But are there not humans out there who hunger for the dark arts of necromancy? Who might be lured into the dungeon and somehow prove themselves worthy to join the others?

I have used the "call the dead" multiple times in the embassy (I think that's it) and it never sends me anything past that second wave of migrants I normally get.

Looking at humans, Deon's tavern really has a lot of potential being converted to a warlock building.

Just starting warlock forts, I have had as few as 1 real necromancer, and as many as 6. It's very random.

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 29, 2014, 02:07:39 pm »

I think the way with most sense, for me, is to take a prisoner and a few souls and dont know what more, bringt him to an "ritual workshop" and turn him into an warlock. :D

Maybe in an 2 step production, first the prisoner to the "ritual workshop" he vanish and how the "build skeleton" and "attract zombie/ghoul" works, spawning an new warlock apprentice. After that, with the second reaction and the materials from above, he turn into an full warlock. :)

So its "high end"(with the ritual workshop, that needs a few costy materials) and with the second step that costs a few shiny materials, it's not say "an free warlock". ;)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 02:10:55 pm by kizucha »

shazin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 29, 2014, 07:09:56 pm »

I deal with warlock shortage by embarking on a warlock tomb, any warlocks (and skeletons) there can be revived. Mind you this: if you're clumsy with reclaiming items the bodies will be auto-butchered, the revived need to be pacified with dfhack (like converted invaders), and only historical figures will have a proper thought screen. You can tell if the entombed figure isn't a warlock, ghoul, or skeleton if it immediately rises as a mummy upon touching any loot, luckily they mysteriously vanish during seasonal auto-saves.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 07:11:29 pm by shazin »

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: July 30, 2014, 02:40:46 am »

What do you guys do with all the fleshy byproducts of sieges? After a siege or two, I usually have enough meat, bones, tallow, and other assorted to last me for half a decade. After a full year of sieges, I'm just dumping the majority of the meat, bones, and equipment into atom smashers. Do you guys just feed them to the hoardmaster?

Myaso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 30, 2014, 04:00:54 am »

I noticed that I still have odny interesting thing in addition to problems with evocations of warlocks. I can not assign manager, although living warlocks have the necessary skills. Maybe an error in the resurrection somehow connected with appointments nobility? For several years, I have no manager, but the number of products in the fort indicated exactly.

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 30, 2014, 06:08:52 am »

The stock keeper is also the manager in this mod I think.

Myaso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 30, 2014, 06:30:49 am »

I have just appointed steward and squard leaders. Settings counting accuracy is only at a Keeper of knowledge, this job is vacant.

windalu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: July 30, 2014, 07:12:26 am »

What do you guys do with all the fleshy byproducts of sieges? After a siege or two, I usually have enough meat, bones, tallow, and other assorted to last me for half a decade. After a full year of sieges, I'm just dumping the majority of the meat, bones, and equipment into atom smashers. Do you guys just feed them to the hoardmaster?

make tons of dreadnought metal, that uses blood (from meat) and bones for the process. Or make raiding kits, you need meat and leather for those. After a few seasons you might be able to build the whole warlock tower out of dreadnought :D

mcolombe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 30, 2014, 08:01:27 am »

well guthbug, i think you are right, maybe you should be able to convert prisoners into warlocks, i guess ghouls are not the best candidates being feral and stupid. Also i think Kizucha is right, there should be some kind of workshop or alter that can run this reaction, maybe involving two or three steps. It is just annoying that you can make hundreds of skeletons or ghouls easily, yet you cannot create more warlocks.

Myaso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 30, 2014, 08:19:32 am »

Not from each prisoner can get a warlock. Dark Magicians are not forced to learn on their own, they are taught witchcraft at his own request. Candidates are unlikely to be orcs, too low intelligence. This is hardly the elves, they can not tolerate the dark magic. Ideal candidates are humans or drow. These races are inherent innate desire for power. Although you can still spend a filter on character traits.
Although it is possible to propose a scheme of stealing babies and their training, then the desired traits will emerge naturally. Child growing up among the undead, probably will not have an aversion to it. Besides, this scheme will receive warlocks pretty durable and hardcore.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 08:27:19 am by Myaso »

windalu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: July 30, 2014, 09:15:02 am »

the main problem with warlock spawning is that the whole point of the warlock civ is that you have very few powerful warlocks and hordes of replacable minions. If you could spawn unlimited number of warlocks, the whole warlock mod would lose its charm.

I am no modder, but would it be somehow possible to give warlocks a unique bodypart/soul? That could than be used in a reaction to create a new warlock. This would keep the number of warlocks limited while it would make raising warlocks easier. I guess warlocks spawned this way would be new units, which would mean you lose all the skills of the dead warlocks. That seems like a reasonable penalty for not taking good care of the original dead warlock.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #404 on: July 30, 2014, 09:17:59 am »

An itemcorpse, yes. But they way DF works is this: The corpse is replaced by an item, but your civ still thinks its a corpse. So even if the corpse is TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_RESURRECT_WARLOCK, it will be buried in a coffin. I am not sure if you can use it in a reaction, but I can try.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 57