Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 57

Author Topic: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode  (Read 109935 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode
« Reply #345 on: July 24, 2014, 05:26:43 am »

It occurs to me that I may not be using an actual overlord to run the reaction though. Is that the problem?
yes, only the overlord can use it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 24, 2014, 05:31:44 am »

It occurs to me that I may not be using an actual overlord to run the reaction though. Is that the problem?
yes, only the overlord can use it.

Darn it. Now I regret having eaten all of my prisoners.

Does it require the actual overlord caste as created by the 'appoint overlord' command? Or will just an overlord noble do?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #347 on: July 24, 2014, 05:39:17 am »

The caste.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 24, 2014, 06:39:21 am »

Ok, cool! Thanks! That seems to be working better, but the "send minions to terrorize the countryside" reaction seems to have a very low chance of getting anything.

Clearly I need more prisoners. Time to put the skellies to work building me some cages.

mcolombe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 24, 2014, 09:22:17 am »

Ah of course how FOOLISH of me. I need souls stored in hour glasses to make the necromancer alters. otherwise the souls vanish and that destroys the building. DOH. thank you very much the advice GUTHBUG, much appreciated. now i must be off to create an army of ghouls and skeletons (cue, manic laugh)

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 24, 2014, 12:14:52 pm »

Ah of course how FOOLISH of me. I need souls stored in hour glasses to make the necromancer alters. otherwise the souls vanish and that destroys the building. DOH. thank you very much the advice GUTHBUG, much appreciated. now i must be off to create an army of ghouls and skeletons (cue, manic laugh)

My pleasure. :)

All of these mods are amazingly complex and detailed. It takes a lot of time to figure stuff out. Warlocks just happen to be the race I'm toying with now. :)

The overlord throne is still giving me headaches. It did something earlier other than just run the reaction, but I still didn't actually gain anything. I don't have any prisoners right now to torture for information,  so I can't tell if it's just a ridiculously low chance of "success" when you terrorize the countryside or what.

I got to watch an elf siege get decimated by 3 zombie elephants earlier though, so that was great fun. And the tip I got on reviving dead warlocks is helping a lot, though I seem to have some fort design/range issues with it. My overlord tomb is a long way off from the altar and he didn't get raised.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 24, 2014, 12:21:20 pm »

Yeah, raiding the countryside rarely gives you anything. But if you capture a prisoner from it, then you can interrogate him for a caravan info, most of the time. Then just raid caravans forever.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 24, 2014, 12:29:58 pm »

Yeah, raiding the countryside rarely gives you anything. But if you capture a prisoner from it, then you can interrogate him for a caravan info, most of the time. Then just raid caravans forever.

Will it break anything if I put 30 "terrorize countryside" orders in the manager window? Then he can just run it until he runs out of minion bags and I can get whatever I get from it.

I need a prisoner. Next embark I'm going to bust my butt to get a dungeon cell up instead of eating them. Even though they are always extra tasty.

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 24, 2014, 03:51:38 pm »

Ok, slight problem with the rez on the warlock.

My overlord had his arm ripped off and then bled to death on the battlefield because nobody would carry him back to the hospital.

He decayed in his coffin before I got around to running the reaction. He's a "partial skeleton" now. He's about 8 spaces away from the altar, but they won't seem to raise him. They just run the reaction and nothing happens.

Do you need a full corpse to resurrect? Parts won't do? :)

I've got a whole stockpile full of body parts. Certainly they ought to be able to find something that would fit.

ETA: What the heck? Some time has gone by now and the arm still hasn't been found! Normally they collect all the body parts associated with an individual and dump them in the coffin with the original owner. Am I to assume that the elite dark strangler wrestler who removed the overlord's arm took it back with him as a trophy?

ETA2: In looking for the overlord's stupid arm, I found a skeleton coffin that has THREE left arms in it. Skeleton don't mind though ... he's walking around with left arm #4.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 04:05:35 pm by Guthbug »

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 24, 2014, 07:08:59 pm »

When units get rezzed they get back up fully re-built, missing parts don't matter. If you have injured skeletons it is often easier to just kill them on a spike trap and rez them than it is to repair them.

As for range, I have only had rez work if the coffin was touching the alter, more than 1 square away seems to be too much.

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 24, 2014, 07:11:58 pm »

When units get rezzed they get back up fully re-built, missing parts don't matter. If you have injured skeletons it is often easier to just kill them on a spike trap and rez them than it is to repair them.

As for range, I have only had rez work if the coffin was touching the alter, more than 1 square away seems to be too much.

How strange. I was successfully rezzing warlocks who were about 5 square away, but not the overlord who had a pre-designated tomb. I deconstructed his tomb and moved him to a closer coffin and it still isn't working. I'm about to go use the "killitwith" command to take down another warlock and see what distance he will rez at.

I think, just for safety, I will stack the warlock coffins right around 3 sides of the altar from now on. And no big fancy tombs.

mcolombe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 25, 2014, 01:58:22 pm »

Hi guys, i was just wondering can ghouls learn any other weapons skills other than whip skills? As i gave one of my ghouls a bloodsteel sword and he is sparring quite a bit, yet he has not even become a dabbling swordsman. Also it is a shame the manuel is not updated as it states that skeletons can not learn any skills, yet in my current fort my skeletons are happily learning all kinds of skills like carpenter and stonecrafter. ps, why is it is damn hard for shambling skeletons to turn into proper members of my fort. one or two my shambling skeletons, have killed elves and received a name, yet they are called shambling skeleton,bob( or whatever name they get). should the shambling skeleton description in their name not go away, if they receive a name?

___MeRliN___

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 25, 2014, 02:33:06 pm »

Hi guys, i was just wondering can ghouls learn any other weapons skills other than whip skills? As i gave one of my ghouls a bloodsteel sword and he is sparring quite a bit, yet he has not even become a dabbling swordsman. Also it is a shame the manuel is not updated as it states that skeletons can not learn any skills, yet in my current fort my skeletons are happily learning all kinds of skills like carpenter and stonecrafter. ps, why is it is damn hard for shambling skeletons to turn into proper members of my fort. one or two my shambling skeletons, have killed elves and received a name, yet they are called shambling skeleton,bob( or whatever name they get). should the shambling skeleton description in their name not go away, if they receive a name?

Ghouls cant learn any other weapon skills then lashing as far as I know
Signature coming *soon* TM

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 25, 2014, 02:33:40 pm »

Doesn't look like ghouls can learn anything but whip skills.

Skeletons do learn, but they learn pretty slow. If you have ones you want to dedicate to specific tasks ... best use the inscriptor.

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 25, 2014, 04:40:16 pm »

Not really? Check therapist the next time your playing. Most skellie are average at learning the vast majority of skills. They are equivalent to any other race learning the skill.

Skellies have almost no downsides with only a few specialized skills being restricted.

On ghouls, check therapist, IIRC they can learn some other weapons at a disadvantage, they are just average at whip instead of being hampered.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 57