Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 57

Author Topic: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode  (Read 110022 times)

Equus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode
« Reply #255 on: June 27, 2014, 05:33:26 am »

i think that the skeleton military bug might be back in v09. im having trouble keeping a squad of skeletons assigned.

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 27, 2014, 06:20:43 am »

Are there anyone building a "safe" dungeon with the red/blue portal? Like put the warlocks underground or in a elevated tower where enemies can't reach them and they produce new minions and throw them out the portals to the surface and kill everything?

Was thinking about that layout but the biggest problem i see are a bit of the supply because we can not transport items directly with the portals. With the "skytower" its, i think, impossible to get new wood and stone. :-\ I have a little idea with an hole for the underground where the surface minions drop wood and an flying supplyminecart to toss wood and stone up to the "skytower". But i dont know how good that works, get wood that drops multiple layers damage and is it possible with the minecart? i think the cart needs a really long track to jump up a layer, if this is possible and it needed to be dropt down to use it again so its the same question with the drop down wood, is the cart operable after the drop?

Its because i like the feeling from dungeon keeper with the portal/stairs where the hero's come to the dungeon but with the warlocks in reverse to kill all living on the surface. ;D
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 06:57:18 am by kizucha »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #257 on: June 27, 2014, 07:12:42 am »

I will improve the teleporters to transport rooms full of items in future updates. When I do the warlock update, they will get a bit more useful. :) I can for example do this:

Teleport all items in 3 tiles, 7 tiles and 15 tiles radius, on the same z-level, seen from the teleporter. That would work. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 27, 2014, 07:39:21 am »

Uh shiny new portals, clearly i love you meph. :) Looking forward to that update. So... i forgive you in future that the updates destroy my castles. ;)

firefly68

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 27, 2014, 03:20:25 pm »

I'm having problems getting into a warlock game. Even with the default settings reloaded, using the default (masterwork) worlds. World gen occurs without any issues, but when I try to enter fortress mode, the game just crashes. I'm about to redownload the mod to see if this fixes it, but in case this does not fix it, does anyone have any ideas?

Update:

A completely fresh install managed to fix it.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 03:57:00 pm by firefly68 »

windalu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 27, 2014, 07:08:39 pm »

so, my vampire drank another warlock, even though he was doped on Bloodwine (I check his status +- every month). I didnt see him do it but my fort is completely isolated from outside world atm so unless there is some secret FUN vamping around, there might be something wrong with the whole vamp+bloodwine=profit equation  :D
the worst part is I cannot raise the warlock. His remains are safe in his coffin, I run the reaction in necro altar, 3 souls are consumed, nothing happens. Sad day for warlockdom.

windalu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 27, 2014, 07:36:00 pm »

Also i just realized - no mephits were spawned on my embark (they just could be bought as pets). Were the starting mephits removed in this version?

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 27, 2014, 08:27:20 pm »

You have to get the warlock's corpse before it turns to a skeleton, and the body has to be within 10 or so spaces of the center of the altar, so if hes off in his tomb on the otherside of the map it wont res him.

also bloodwine is bugged for the mostpart, meph said he was gonna deal with it, lock your vampire up in a room with a well (he can drink water 0.o) doesnt need to eat or sleep can dump items for him to work with if nessary.

Endovior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 27, 2014, 09:02:10 pm »

I was under the impression that 'deal with it' here meant 'remove vampires', because of the problems they added.  Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #264 on: June 28, 2014, 12:38:01 am »

Yes, I will remove vampires. Because the mechanic in the background works like this:

The counter for killing people and drinking blood is only suspended, not reset when they drink bloodwine. This means if they are just about to kill someone and you make them drink bloodwine, they will do nothing for a bit, and after the effect wears off, instantly kill someone. -.-
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

windalu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 28, 2014, 03:10:35 am »

The counter for killing people and drinking blood is only suspended, not reset when they drink bloodwine. This means if they are just about to kill someone and you make them drink bloodwine, they will do nothing for a bit, and after the effect wears off, instantly kill someone. -.-

ahh, that would explain a lot, I usualy make bloodwine +- just in time to prevent the first feeding  :D

Kiefatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 28, 2014, 08:23:30 am »

Any way to have warlocks force-target Prisoners first? That could be a good medium ground, having them drain some prisoners would prevent them from targeting your warlocks and ghouls.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #267 on: June 28, 2014, 08:24:42 am »

No.

Innocent Dave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 28, 2014, 08:54:24 am »

Any way to have warlocks force-target Prisoners first? That could be a good medium ground, having them drain some prisoners would prevent them from targeting your warlocks and ghouls.

Presumably locking them into a room with a prisoner would achieve the same, one way or another.
Reaching one's life goal shouldn't come with a happy thought.  It should come with a sudden existential crisis.

ussdefiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 28, 2014, 08:10:49 pm »

Is there some sort of workaround for this One Prisoner in Execution Pit = Infinite Skellies/Ghouls thing? A bit too cheaty for my tastes, but i would rather like having some early use for prisoners.

Edit: Oh, and i just had my starting warlock get his neck broken(and survived! Not paralyzed even!) by a rock troll and he didn't try throwing any spells or anything at it in retaliation. Is that Slade Boulder spell that all warlocks supposedly start with not an attack spell or something?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 09:23:57 pm by ussdefiant »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 57