Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 57

Author Topic: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode  (Read 110050 times)

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode
« Reply #195 on: June 14, 2014, 10:35:06 pm »

i win =D
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

we had fun at the circus didn't we?

what should we do with it? besides capturing the adamantine beetles... wait can i even harvest those without a nestbox?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 10:41:03 pm by Fairin »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #196 on: June 14, 2014, 10:41:20 pm »

Please post the save. :D

PS: No "soul"-creatures running around? they drop cool items when you kill them. And you can collect the harvester webs, they are temp-immune, for magma-proof clothing. And you can mine the slade. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 14, 2014, 10:50:41 pm »

you need just the region right? never got feedback last time... =)  V5.06

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rexlk88wmshjt37/region2.rar

« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 10:55:14 pm by Fairin »

Archonex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 15, 2014, 02:40:19 am »

So is it intended that various pets created from high level rituals invariably go hostile over time?  I can still pasture them and such, but they relentlessly track down and murder all of the members of my fort that get near them.  That includes beating the snot out of the skeleton slowly dragging them to their new destination.

So far i've had gargantuan bone golems go hostile to the warlock civ after a bit of time with complete regularity.  The same goes with the demons summoned from the workshop.  No clue why.  I thought at first that they were losing their tamed status at first.  Checking the animals screen reveals they can't be tamed to begin with.  Not sure if that's the cause though.

Also, are the library reactions that give spells supposed to not work with the overlord that's generated from the throne room?  I've ran him through a full list of library spells like twice now and he hasn't learned a single thing.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 02:56:07 am by Archonex »

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 15, 2014, 04:46:09 am »

I still can't get skeletons to reliably train. I've started three new warlock forts, and two different fresh installs. Yet, when set to train they just "Individual Combat Drill/Resting" and gain no skills.

They do gain some skill, just immensely slowly. Some of my skeleton after training for several years have improved a bit. Though of course, it was non-stop training. Not too sure they've gain any skills in between the times when they had to fight some small battles though.

The skeleton's 7 bonus in mining in addition to nofear and nopain makes them incredibly effective though.

I also gave them a little archery skill since they seem to be depicted with bows a lot, and bringing out 70+ skeletons with bows is a pretty amazing feeling.

So is it intended that various pets created from high level rituals invariably go hostile over time?  I can still pasture them and such, but they relentlessly track down and murder all of the members of my fort that get near them.  That includes beating the snot out of the skeleton slowly dragging them to their new destination.

I've had that happen with a cinder beast. The dang thing burned down the fort with the warlocks. Not too sure what happened exactly though since I had to put two and two together after the fact with the fort on fire and the cinder beast showing up on the dead list. Maybe it saw an opposed-to-life skeleton or something.

On the other hand, I definitely had this happen with my nightmares that I embarked with once when they kept attacking the zombies that I tried to raise to quell some local wildlife.

This thankfully doesn't seem to be happening to the enchanted weapons and suits of armors though.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 07:38:24 am by Flare »

Archonex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 15, 2014, 07:14:52 am »

It's definitely not just opposed to life skeletons.  I've had a gargantuan bone golem go berserk out of nowhere and tear apart a warlock.  Though maybe something about the skeletons is triggering hostilities on other fort members.

Also, all pets i've seen so far are currently hostile to undead.  That even includes undead pets that logically shouldn't be hostile, like the bone golems, bone wolves, and gargantuan bone golems.  Which means that they brawl constantly with other undead creatures, which get lured in to fight them constantly.  Which doesn't make much sense, and really makes it a pain to actually use them in sieges if you use the more common necromantic reactions like raising the dead. 

Is there any way around this?  I'm guessing I could at least mod in whatever it is with armors that keeps them from being hostile to the undead.  I assume it's a trait of some sort.  It kind of takes the point out of the late game research subjects if so many of them end up functionally useless due to the undead issue and them going hostile.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 08:26:34 am by Archonex »

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 15, 2014, 07:44:38 am »

So far I've been avoiding undeads like zombies as much as I can. I've tried the monolith thing, though not in the presence of any pets. Enchanted armors might be fine for them, gonna see if they antagonize undead as well.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 10:06:45 pm by Flare »

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 15, 2014, 08:27:34 am »

i used about 12 bone golems and wolves, never had an opposed to fort issue.

however im pritty sure if they kill a zombie you summoned it causes a loyalty cascade.

megahelmet

• Bay Watcher
  • *casts* Meteo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 15, 2014, 10:14:03 am »

I have the same issue, the zombies I make from the necromatic altar go and eat my prisoners from the Throne Room as well.
Pylons on fire can stay, its awesome.

Nidhoggur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 15, 2014, 01:33:12 pm »

I think I found a bug with the water wells. I built one in my last game, tried to spawn some water to no avail. The dfhack console displayed some kind of lua error.
Code: [Select]
[...]\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/eruption.lua:69: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'ry' (a nil value)
[...]\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/eruption.lua:69: in function 'eruption'
[...]\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/eruption.lua:125: in main chunk

Upon further investigation, I got to inorganic_warlock.txt and found the interaction:
[INORGANIC:ERUPTION_WATER_S]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_VAPOR_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL:water (radius2)]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:0]
      [SYNDROME][SYN_CLASS:ERUPTION][SYN_CLASS:\AUTO_SYNDROME]
[SYN_CLASS:\COMMAND][SYN_CLASS:eruption][SYN_CLASS:water][SYN_CLASS:\WORKER_ID][SYN_CLASS:2][SYN_CLASS:2][SYN_CLASS:7]

Since the eruption script expects a comma-delimited string as parameter, I went ahead and changed the last line just so:
[SYN_CLASS:\COMMAND][SYN_CLASS:eruption][SYN_CLASS:water][SYN_CLASS:\WORKER_ID][SYN_CLASS:2,2,0][SYN_CLASS:2][SYN_CLASS:7]
This seems to have fixed it and now my fort is partially flooded. The magma reactions are bugged in the same way.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #205 on: June 15, 2014, 01:56:16 pm »

I think I found a bug with the water wells. I built one in my last game, tried to spawn some water to no avail. The dfhack console displayed some kind of lua error.
[...]\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/eruption.lua:69: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'ry' (a nil value)
[...]\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/eruption.lua:125: in main chunk

Upon further investigation, I got to inorganic_warlock.txt and found the interaction:
[INORGANIC:ERUPTION_WATER_S]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_VAPOR_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL:water (radius2)]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:0]
      [SYNDROME][SYN_CLASS:ERUPTION][SYN_CLASS:\AUTO_SYNDROME]
[SYN_CLASS:\COMMAND][SYN_CLASS:eruption][SYN_CLASS:water][SYN_CLASS:\WORKER_ID][SYN_CLASS:2][SYN_CLASS:2][SYN_CLASS:7]

Since the eruption script expects a comma-delimited string as parameter, I went ahead and changed the last line just so:
[SYN_CLASS:\COMMAND][SYN_CLASS:eruption][SYN_CLASS:water][SYN_CLASS:\WORKER_ID][SYN_CLASS:2,2,0][SYN_CLASS:2][SYN_CLASS:7]
This seems to have fixed it and now my fort is partially flooded. The magma reactions are bugged in the same way.
AWESOME. I was wondering why that didnt work... I havent had a look at Roses update for the scripts yet, I only knew that some of the syntax changed, but not what exactly. Thats nice, I will add this asap. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 15, 2014, 10:23:07 pm »

I had a bug with the boneforge when making the bone armor set, it worked fine at first but later on instead of making proper left, right gauntlets it was just bone gauntlets, so my skeletons couldn't wear them. (sorry if this has been spoken of before I'm too lazy to look. :P)
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 15, 2014, 10:24:17 pm »

DFhack should autofix that. There is definitely a command to do it manually, "fix-handedness" or something.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 16, 2014, 06:54:20 am »

hey meph, the boneforge should be just blocks. no anvils to make it more appealing than the corrupted forge for early game, especially if you embark with only an axe for fun reasons.

as it stands i'd rather get my first two anvils and make ironbone.

also my adamantine beetles require a nestbox right?... something.. warlocks.. cant.. make... ><
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 07:32:13 am by Fairin »

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 16, 2014, 08:52:49 am »

You might be able to trade for it when you get the tome of Sator.

Or steal it, whatever's your gig.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 57