Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 57

Author Topic: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode  (Read 110069 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode
« Reply #150 on: June 12, 2014, 03:09:48 pm »

While helpful, the formatting is giving me cancer.

But I might give you your extra squads. :P
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mikael grey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 12, 2014, 03:38:57 pm »

Yay for extra squads!

At least give us one melee and one archer skeleton squad, please.

Encountered a small issue in 5.05, made some Dreadnaught gauntlets for my skeleton crypt lord (he seems to have a habit of loosing his hands -_-), but I couldnt pick them in the equipment screen, actualy, it didnt let me pick any gauntlets (not sure if I had any others, maybe some from invader loot? made only one dreadnaught pair).

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 12, 2014, 04:56:59 pm »

While helpful, the formatting is giving me cancer.

But I might give you your extra squads. :P

sadly the way my mind works is to spit out all the information.. thats the revised edition i posted.. its not my forte.

more squads would be a freaking godsend, multiple squads of skeletons to station around various guardpoints, if i had dwarf style squads i would put them in groups of 3 or 4 and station / barracks in various places.. actually breach the caverns using that system instead of having a clump of units, as you know training is more effective with smaller squads too...

oh yeah my earlier comment for the tailorshop to have a leather option.. i forgot to mention i meant a TOUGH leather option for clothing =)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 05:00:34 pm by Fairin »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #153 on: June 12, 2014, 05:12:23 pm »

Yeah, but you know: This:
more squads would be a freaking godsend, multiple squads of skeletons to station around various guardpoints, if i had dwarf style squads i would put them in groups of 3 or 4 and station / barracks in various places.. actually breach the caverns using that system instead of having a clump of units, as you know training is more effective with smaller squads too...

oh yeah my earlier comment for the tailorshop to have a leather option.. i forgot to mention i meant a TOUGH leather option for clothing =)

Could look like this:
More squads would be freaking godsend. Multiple squads of skeletons to station around various guardpoints. If I'd have dwarf-style squads, I would put them in groups of 3-4 and station them in various places. I'd actually breach the caverns using that system, instead of having a clump of units. As you know training is more effective with smaller squads too.

Adding a tough-leather option to the Tailor would be nice as well.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 12, 2014, 06:28:12 pm »

-.- my mind doesn't operate like neuro normal people. So in that respect i type like i am talking... as if in realtime. blame the years of raiding in everquest 1 without vent and explain everything verbatim to 72+people as quickly as possible without caring for where i put a . or a , or even if the sentence runs on and on.

I Knew A Guy That Typed Like This Just As Fast As Me. because of years of coding...

so yeah.. i thought i did a good enough job editing the guide tho -.-

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 12, 2014, 06:36:20 pm »

I can't get skeleton squads to reliably train.

I just started a new warlock fort, and immediately set up a two skeleton squad with a barracks. The first month, they sparred away, but for the six months after that, all they did was "Individual Combat Drill/Resting", and never gained a single skill or did anything else.

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 12, 2014, 07:06:34 pm »

I was also thinking it would make sense for skeletons to get progressively heavier as you upgrade them. Surely dreadnaught is heavier than bone?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #157 on: June 12, 2014, 07:08:24 pm »

they are.

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 12, 2014, 07:27:40 pm »

they are.

You sure? Not home right now but i remember comparing a bloodsteel skeleton to a normal one and they were both 7500.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #159 on: June 12, 2014, 07:35:02 pm »

Thats the volume. There is no weight in the raws. The weight is calculated from the materials used in the body, which is literally the metal type you use in the skeleton. Dreadnought is heavier than bone, so dreadnought skeletons are automatically heavier than bone skeletons, while having the same volume.

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 12, 2014, 07:47:09 pm »

Oh interesting, didn't know it was that deep.

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 12, 2014, 08:52:43 pm »

Would it be easier if "targeted" reactions had no skill attached?

Like infusing skeletons, and upgrading their skills and stuff. You already have to use a manager and assign them to the building for it to really work correctly, needing to have the correct labor enabled just seems like an additional step that isn't needed.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #162 on: June 12, 2014, 09:13:25 pm »

I could remove the skill... would mean that they finish instantly though.

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 12, 2014, 09:56:03 pm »

Yeah...I have no idea how to get skeletons to train.

After a year of "training" the highest skill on any of the four skeletons was 4 in swords. And he started with 3. And killed several random snakes. Then a dwarf siege came and killed them all.

They don't actually train, they just stand there resting. I've tried switching squads, making warlocks or ghouls leaders, etc...they still just stand around.

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 13, 2014, 12:04:34 am »

attempting to make a philosphers stone from scratch is a rediclious pain. can it cost like 50 souls or something? (hopeing i get sieged with people wearing the metal i need for my skeletons to go harvest)

I find the best way to go about it is to just get all the dust at the embark screen. The metal dust doesn't cost that much, and in some cases are cheaper than the ore-bearing boulders themselves. You also get many bags for it as well :D.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 57