Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 57

Author Topic: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode  (Read 110084 times)

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode
« Reply #90 on: June 06, 2014, 06:56:30 pm »

It could probably be modified to only target a specific race is passed a variable.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #91 on: June 06, 2014, 07:20:39 pm »

it has to do more than that: target a specific caste.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

steelyeyed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 06, 2014, 09:51:56 pm »

I tried searching for this, but found nothing.
I am using the new 5.05 version, downloaded this evening.  Created a new world with a warlock embark.  Tried six times, and all six times I get seven forgotten beasts as residents.   They are listed with names followed by peasant.. ex. Begali Jorengun, Peasant.  I didn't attempt to continue playing, thought maybe it was a problem.
Also, I read somewhere that you intended using the free dirt at embark as a way to build fortifications early.  Was it your intent to also increase the slaughterable beasts at start as well?  Ex...   getting 3,000 free dirt gives you 6 draft animals to pull the wagons it comes in, hence 6 animals for the butcher, souls, etc.
On one of the embarks, I had a listing under fish for "fire fish" at 2 points, and another right below it for "fire fish" at 0 points.  I took 1,000 of the free fire fish, and got free meat and more draft animals to slaughter.

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 06, 2014, 10:55:55 pm »

Sounds like your raws are messed up.

Is the install fresh or did you try overwriting the older version?

Endovior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 07, 2014, 04:45:46 am »

If you're intending to change things such that you have captured prisoners under 'tools', I'd suggest that you separate them into prisoners and slaves.

Prisoners would be the hard-won captives from successful raids, and are 'kept in cages' to prevent their escape (this explains why they're items in a stockpile instead of active creatures).  They're the ones you use for 'dungeon' reactions, which will presumably work a lot smoother when working on 'component items' instead of actual entities.

Slaves, on the other hand, are captives who've been affected by some mind-controlling ritual, rendering them permanently subservient (and too stupid to do real work).  They're the 'pet' type captives, which you might 'train' for battle via the animal training system to add some cheap cannon fodder to your armies, or just keep around for breeding/butchering purposes.  It shouldn't be terribly difficult to turn prisoners into slaves, but the opposite reaction shouldn't be allowed.

Aside from that, caste-based skill availability seems a little off.  Ghouls can learn ambusher, but don't have access to any ranged weapons, so they can't really hunt... it seems that this should go either one way or the other, and it seems more thematic to have ghoul hunters than skeleton ones.  Additionally, given the time-sensitive nature of tanning, the obvious relation to butchering, and the importance of the task to warlocks in particular, it seems like ghouls should be able to learn it.

Similarly, it seems like warlocks should be able to do a few other tasks.  Architecture, for instance, is by no means an important skill, but it's required for many special warlock buildings, and it seems more fitting to have a warlock in change of the construction planning.  Archaeology also makes sense as a warlock skill, for what good it does.  To go a step further, brewing is thematically witchly, and doesn't seem to involve any more 'manual labour' than existing warlock 'chemistry', so that might also be a reasonable warlock skill (especially as regards 'potion' type reactions).
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 04:50:58 am by Endovior »

Hotawotwot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 07, 2014, 05:06:09 am »

If you intend to make Warlocks more necromancy-oriented why not give them "undead" pets. Maybe move most/all of the summonable evil pets and move them to the succubi/elsewhere.

Like instead of summoning one of those winged devils, you use bones, a skull, and a soul to create a skeletal, blood-sucking serpent for vermin hunting.

I'd also suggest that the attorney be given a small selection of (preexisting) poisonous animals that could be purchased for a high price.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #96 on: June 07, 2014, 05:56:15 am »

Endovior & Hotawotwot (wow, what a name): Both are good ideas.

Prisoners would be the hard-won captives from successful raids, and are 'kept in cages' to prevent their escape (this explains why they're items in a stockpile instead of active creatures).  They're the ones you use for 'dungeon' reactions, which will presumably work a lot smoother when working on 'component items' instead of actual entities.

Slaves, on the other hand, are captives who've been affected by some mind-controlling ritual, rendering them permanently subservient (and too stupid to do real work).  They're the 'pet' type captives, which you might 'train' for battle via the animal training system to add some cheap cannon fodder to your armies, or just keep around for breeding/butchering purposes.  It shouldn't be terribly difficult to turn prisoners into slaves, but the opposite reaction shouldn't be allowed.
That sounds like Theon and Reek. I might even go as far and call the releases, subservant prisoners "cattle" and not slaves. They dont do work, and they are only kept for their bodyparts...

Similarly, it seems like warlocks should be able to do a few other tasks.  Architecture, for instance, is by no means an important skill, but it's required for many special warlock buildings, and it seems more fitting to have a warlock in change of the construction planning.  Archaeology also makes sense as a warlock skill, for what good it does.  To go a step further, brewing is thematically witchly, and doesn't seem to involve any more 'manual labour' than existing warlock 'chemistry', so that might also be a reasonable warlock skill (especially as regards 'potion' type reactions).
That I can do. :)

If you intend to make Warlocks more necromancy-oriented why not give them "undead" pets. Maybe move most/all of the summonable evil pets and move them to the succubi/elsewhere.
Good idea, now that the succubi exist. But what exactly do you mean by "small selection of (preexisting) poisonous animals" ? War beasts with poison bites, or something that can be milked for poison, or both?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hotawotwot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 07, 2014, 06:46:27 am »

Good idea, now that the succubi exist. But what exactly do you mean by "small selection of (preexisting) poisonous animals" ? War beasts with poison bites, or something that can be milked for poison, or both?
Coral snakes, cobras, tame poisonous vermin (if those can be milked) nothing warbeast-like, just animals that could be milked for their unique poison. Seeing as they are an effectively unlimited source of potentially potent poison, I recommend them costing a hefty number of souls in comparison to other Attorney items.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #98 on: June 07, 2014, 07:05:49 am »

But you can already buy poisons... and they dont affect your FPS as much as having living creatures around.

Crysalis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 07, 2014, 07:07:38 am »

Hourglasses can be made only from stone?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #100 on: June 07, 2014, 07:09:42 am »

Hourglasses can be made only from stone?
Currently yes.

Crysalis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 07, 2014, 07:29:36 am »

Why not add glass as material?

fucduck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 07, 2014, 07:29:55 am »

« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 09:00:44 am by fucduck »

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 07, 2014, 09:47:39 am »

*grabs torch an pitchfork* say WoW again...

they got 8 schools to pick from in current, not limited to necromancy. (i) really should get around to trying them out.

i'd personaly like to curse (rune upgrade) weapons, poison them too besides arrows (unless poisoning weapons is hidden in a remote workshop i don't know about)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #104 on: June 07, 2014, 10:10:52 am »

There wont be a WoW system. Even if I were inclined to do one, I wouldnt know how, since I no nothing of WoW. Warlocks have already a pretty full todo list for the next update. There will be new stuff to play around with.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 57