Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 57

Author Topic: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode  (Read 109884 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2014, 08:29:13 am »

The limbs are made of over steel-grade metal, so they shouldnt break. But the connection can break, yes. Skeletons can easily repaired, so that shouldnt be a problem.

I thought that a complete body made of steel, undead, no pain, etc would be a bit overpowered, because you would have fully armed and armored "steel colossus" version of civ members. Thats too easy. So yes, its intended.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mikael grey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2014, 08:31:44 am »

Ok cool, I dont mind it, it just silly how after every combat I need to re-attach his arms ;-)

Bonus question, should skeletons get tired during combat training? They seem to be doing alot of 'Individual combat drill/Resting'. Or should I just feed them lots of souls to boost there endurance?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2014, 08:33:11 am »

I think that "resting" is actually taking a break, and has nothing to do with combat exhaustion. They should have NOEXERT and cant get tired in combat. But the combat training is hardcoded. -.-

Is your skeleton wearing full armor? gauntlets should help to protect the arms.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mikael grey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2014, 08:49:29 am »

Im in the process of armoring him right now. Gauntlets are the first armor I ever make, I have a terrible luck for my fighters (both Warlock and Dwarf) to loose arms in combat, on the bright side, there is nothing more amusing then an armless skeleton biting goblin heads off.

Checked the 'wounds' status, he was Tired. But if its hardcoded, then nothing can be done here, Ill just force feed him some souls so he doesnt get tired so often.

Thanks for the fast replies!

Darkren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2014, 02:26:01 pm »

On embark, one of my wagon's nightmares decided to start attacking my skeletons, chasing it around the map for a couple of minutes, gradually dismantling it until it severed the spine, when it moved on to the next skeleton. After that, it tried to attack my mephits, which finally fought back, dog-piled onto it and killed it. I've been having problems with resurrected animal parts and migrants' nightmares and such not getting along since then, too, and I almost always have an unread combat report as a result. Not sure what the deal is or how normal this is, but my warlock fort is a bit difficult to manage with all the infighting.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2014, 02:27:20 pm »

You shouldnt have access to the nightmares, which is the issue. Warlocks turn EVIL animals usually to your side, making undeads ignore them, but in that case the correct tags are missing.

Darkren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2014, 02:53:30 pm »

I had the choice to buy them, I believe (in fact, I think it was the only thing I could buy), and two came with my wagon, but it seems as if only one of them went particularly crazy. Might have messed something up when I manually changed my save's raws to make Warlocks civ controllable? I'm guessing the solution is to remove nightmares from Warlocks, or to give them the evil tag.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2014, 03:18:32 pm »

Warlocks randomly tame evil animals that live in the region your home civ lives. You get rare random animals this way. I will fix it next update.

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2014, 05:47:36 pm »

Warlocks randomly tame evil animals that live in the region your home civ lives. You get rare random animals this way. I will fix it next update.
Speaking of which, can we expect a big Warlock update in the next update? If not could we get an ETA on it? Dont mean to rush you or anything, take your time, its just that Warlocks are my favorite race  ;)   

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2014, 05:56:46 pm »

I am currently working on raw merging and cleanup.
After that I want to do one update per race. I havent decided on the order yet, but probably dwarves first, than the other races... warlocks, kobolds, orcs. Gnomes and Succubi are done by other modders.

ETA? 1-2 weeks for a warlock update?

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2014, 03:49:19 am »

here's hoping for the skeleton abandons militia fix.
the endless butchering of partial skeletons fix.
adding in a second (or third?) weapon for ghouls? scourges cant coup-de-grace well.
adding in the ability to make our own damn squads >;[

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2014, 04:39:05 am »

1. I have the raws already. Will be added
2. No solution know. :(
3. Claw-type weapons will be added.
4. Nope ? You got 3 squads already. :P

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2014, 04:49:38 am »

Warlocks...again have the weird caste thing that makes it borderline unplayable for me.
Could you give me some specifics?

(to not take the succubi thread off track)

I really dislike the micromanaging of specific jobs. I've gotten to the point where I just rely on autolabor for all of my forts. Stuff just "gets done".

Unfortunately, Warlocks have three different "castes" (warlocks, skeletons, and ghouls) that all do completely different tasks, so autolabor doesn't work that well. Micromanaging all jobs, and keeping track of which job each caste does isn't my thing. Especially losing control of skeletons. Especially when they are in the military.

Just my opinion, of course. I like the idea of Warlocks, and their general concepts, but they're just too much menial work for me.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2014, 04:54:44 am »

Fair enough. I never used autolabor, so I cant say.

Next update will fix that skeletons-leave-military bug, and with pylons that you can buy at embark the control should be easier, but of course that doesnt affect the "three castes" at all. I dont know if you are aware, but even off-caste labors can be done. For example any Warlock can mine, or Skeletons can butcher. It doesnt have to be the specific caste doing the labor, its just that the others do not get XP for it.

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2014, 05:03:13 am »

Fair enough. I never used autolabor, so I cant say.

Next update will fix that skeletons-leave-military bug, and with pylons that you can buy at embark the control should be easier, but of course that doesnt affect the "three castes" at all. I dont know if you are aware, but even off-caste labors can be done. For example any Warlock can mine, or Skeletons can butcher. It doesnt have to be the specific caste doing the labor, its just that the others do not get XP for it.

Hmm, might give them another go with the next update then :)

Another thing, though it's pretty unrelated in general and common among all of the "evil" races, is the tendency to get sieged within the first year. Warlocks feel very much like a "slow burn" race that takes awhile to build up a strong army, whereas like Kobolds can just spawn a 100 man army by the first winter, and Orcs are just powerhouses in combat. I guess just changing settings in the GUI would fix it, but I'm a "purist".
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 57