Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 57

Author Topic: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode  (Read 109984 times)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode
« Reply #645 on: December 29, 2014, 06:19:19 am »

How Exactly are you supposed to make ghouls now?

I trapped some invaders in cages, dumped the cages in the corruption chamber,
then I ran the "corrupt invader into ghoul" reaction, which turned them into screaming prisioners, followed by the "corrupt prisioner into ghoul" reaction which changed them into ghouls.

I check their description, they're ghouls and i checked the Units screen, they're citizens, so I build their cages attach levels to them and release them, and they're hostile to my other CIV members interrupting jobs and swiping at people,

How do you fix/Avoid this?
I was told by Boltgun that this was fixed. I use the same script that he wrote for the Succubus mode.

This is the way its intended to work, just with non-hostile results. Maybe I'm somehow using an outdated script version?

You can fix that by selecting the offending ghouls and typing 'pacify' in dfhack.

Edit : Yes the ghoulification script is outdated, I think you can safely delete ghoul-makeown and use succubus/makeown as it only moves an invader to your side without further effects.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 06:24:34 am by Boltgun »

Emperor

• Bay Watcher
  • Time is fleeting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: December 29, 2014, 06:21:14 am »

i mean, you get tons of blocks out of nowhere... no need to also get furniture out of nowhere if you can make it from all the blocks or?

That may be there to stop you from abusing it and power training the hell out of various crafting skills. I have absolutely no idea though, that's just a theory.

Well...As far i know, skeletons don't learn skills on their own, they can only be trained at a workshop (In fact, due to a bug, normal skeletons CAN learn skills, but their ironbone/bloodsteel counterparts can't.)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: December 29, 2014, 11:26:55 am »

Has anyone else been having trouble getting warlocks to spawn in worldgen? The game says it's having trouble placing them despite the fact they can be plopped literally anywhere there's dry land according the the raws to start. I wanted to get some practice in before the bugfixes for them come out.

EDIT: Nevermind, my GUI is just bugged.

wrightly678

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: December 29, 2014, 06:15:31 pm »

You can fix that by selecting the offending ghouls and typing 'pacify' in dfhack.

Edit : Yes the ghoulification script is outdated, I think you can safely delete ghoul-makeown and use succubus/makeown as it only moves an invader to your side without further effects.

This worked perfectly, Thanks

I'd suggest that a footnote be added to the Corruption Chamber section in the manual So that people know that Pacify can fix some of their problems.

misiekm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: January 01, 2015, 09:14:44 am »

I hate to be -that- guy, Meph, but is there any chance you'll upload those bugfixes despite your Siberian adventures?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #650 on: January 02, 2015, 03:46:34 pm »

I hate to be -that- guy, Meph, but is there any chance you'll upload those bugfixes despite your Siberian adventures?
Yes.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Lomias

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Trustworthy Elea
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: January 03, 2015, 01:45:47 pm »

Hello there everyone!

Since studded with patches thread is kinda inactive, I'll report few issues with Warlock gameplay I encountered.

I found it wrong for ghoul military captains position to permit only regular ghouls.
Quick fix for ghoul militia captain:
Code: [Select]
[POSITION:GHOUL_COMMANDER] => ghoul only squad leader
[NAME:ghoul master:ghoul masters]
[ALLOWED_CREATURE:WARLOCK_CIV:GHOUL]
[ALLOWED_CREATURE:WARLOCK_CIV:GHOUL_4ARM]
[ALLOWED_CREATURE:WARLOCK_CIV:GHOUL_2HEAD]
[ALLOWED_CREATURE:WARLOCK_CIV:GHOUL_2HEAD_4ARM]
[ALLOWED_CLASS:GHOUL]
This should allow all ghouls to act as a squad leader.

Considering archeology was bugged for 'Locs since times immemorial, and no one minding(it's not that important, when you could just pillage some villages), i propose a fix.
After searching forums for warlock archeology-related problems I found only this:
looks like the Archeologist reactions do not work for warlocks. I have some relics and old chests but all I can do in the Archeologist workshop is the Excavate stones(5) job. (before someone asks, there are no burrows or stockpile links)
The same problem I encountered.

Archeology fix:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #652 on: January 06, 2015, 08:13:12 am »

The missing relic11 is on purpose, that thing causes hidden fun to happen in dwarf and human mode.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

misiekm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: January 06, 2015, 09:04:28 am »

Apologies if this was already mentioned (I couldn't find anything about it):

Torturing prisoners seems fairly buggy to me. I can torture normal, un-caged prisoners repeatedly (they don't get hurt), and torturing caged prisoners gives no info at all.

Also, as someone pointed out a few pages ago, skeletons do seem to go opposed to life every now and then. My training skeletons seemed to go OTL fairly often, and stationing a charged pylon in the barracks didn't help. Having a warlock hang around seems to help, but I'm not 100% sure... Luckily, they don't drop out of squads like they used to, IIRC, a few version ago.

-edit-
"Extract blood (meat/bodyparts)" - the name suggests you can use meat for this reaction, but the workers won't take meat, they just whine about having no bodyparts to squeeze.

Learning Resistance teaches Dark Pact instead.

Armless skeletons refuse to do the Reassemble reaction at the Morgue. They simply won't do it, even when they've been standing around with "No Job" for ages, while other skeletons will do it just fine when you allow them in the Workshop Profile.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 04:19:34 pm by misiekm »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #654 on: January 09, 2015, 06:29:17 pm »

Armless skeletons cant do the reaction, because they cant carry the reagent to it.

I'm aware of some of the bugs, but my focus, as you might have noticed, shifted to doing everything from the beginning. The current mod is outdated, I rather work on DF40.x

misiekm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: January 09, 2015, 06:42:15 pm »

Yeah, I figured as much. Still, I've been attempting to fix the easier issues myself (the REALLY easy ones), and I thought listing the issues may help out people who might try and do the same :)

And on the skeletons... I thought so, but I assumed one arm would be enough to fix themselves - and yet my shiny new Bloodsteel skeleton (who had his arm chopped off by a random goblin in his first skirmish) can't do it. Well, I just fullheal'd them, figured Warlocks should be able to easily do that anyhow!

lunaman22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: February 01, 2015, 12:48:53 pm »

Hello.
I cannot get any ghouls or skellies when embarking,any ideea why?
I sometimes get 2 headed ghouls.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #657 on: February 01, 2015, 02:14:31 pm »

Yes; I know why.

To quote the changelog of the last update:
Raised pop-ratio of Warlocks, this means you embark with more Warlocks and less Ghouls/Skeletons.

lunaman22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: February 01, 2015, 03:20:42 pm »

Yes; I know why.

To quote the changelog of the last update:
Raised pop-ratio of Warlocks, this means you embark with more Warlocks and less Ghouls/Skeletons.
Can i change that by editing the raws or init files?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #659 on: February 01, 2015, 03:25:24 pm »

Yes. Why would you want to do that?
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 57