Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 57

Author Topic: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode  (Read 109968 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode
« Reply #630 on: December 27, 2014, 08:08:34 am »

Is it normal that skeletons learn skills by themselves, without help of Inscriptor? I mean, even kobolds seem to be slower learners than skeletons.

Depends on the skill. Noncombat no, combat yes, if I read the manual right.

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: December 27, 2014, 08:34:45 am »

Well, they learn cooking and engraving just as fine as dwarves do.
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #632 on: December 27, 2014, 08:45:28 am »

Turns out the base skeleton does have the [SKILL_RATES:1:0:0:0]  that the ironbone/bloodsteel/dreadnought skeleton castes have. Thats why the learn some skill now. But they shouldnt.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: December 27, 2014, 09:27:11 am »

Turns out the base skeleton does have the [SKILL_RATES:1:0:0:0]  that the ironbone/bloodsteel/dreadnought skeleton castes have. Thats why the learn some skill now. But they shouldnt.

See, this is why I haven't started that  fort yet. :P

Plus I need to get a good concept together for a story...

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: December 27, 2014, 10:54:09 am »

Just figured out that Warlocks fit in the concepts of DF better, than any other race (except for the actual DF dwarves, whose concepts were created by the game itself).

Imagine a dark, creepy dungeon in the middle of nowhere, guarded by deadly trap system, undeads, demons and other abominations. The rumors of missing people and undead hordes pillaging villages. Small group of crazy, autistic soccerers live there, respecting no rules of the outer world, building bizarre constructions and dropping everything the world has to offer in the fires of magma industry. They control everything in there, from jobs to the life itself. Adventurers and bandits go there for treasures, only to become treasures themselves (goblinite, yay!). Heroes and entire armies go there to clean the world from this threat, only to become undeads themselves. Carnage, blood, suffers, totalitarianism, pointless (but awesome!) constructions, pointless (but awesome!.. wait...) torture and all the other stuff. All the stuff DF player likes.
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

Kbarbarossa

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: December 27, 2014, 08:20:18 pm »

I too noticed the skeleton skill gain when I was checking skill gain in Dwarf Therapist. Also, the new update says skeletons don't turn opposed to life anymore, but it happened repeatedly to my skeletons in my recent Warlock tower.

Did anyone else have issues with getting skeletons to spar? I used the same setup for my Ghoul lasher shock troops for my skeletons and the skeletons just seemed to do demonstrations while the ghouls sparred constantly.

wrightly678

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: December 27, 2014, 11:03:11 pm »

How Exactly are you supposed to make ghouls now?

I trapped some invaders in cages, dumped the cages in the corruption chamber,
then I ran the "corrupt invader into ghoul" reaction, which turned them into screaming prisioners, followed by the "corrupt prisioner into ghoul" reaction which changed them into ghouls.

I check their description, they're ghouls and i checked the Units screen, they're citizens, so I build their cages attach levels to them and release them, and they're hostile to my other CIV members interrupting jobs and swiping at people,

How do you fix/Avoid this?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #637 on: December 28, 2014, 07:54:16 am »

How Exactly are you supposed to make ghouls now?

I trapped some invaders in cages, dumped the cages in the corruption chamber,
then I ran the "corrupt invader into ghoul" reaction, which turned them into screaming prisioners, followed by the "corrupt prisioner into ghoul" reaction which changed them into ghouls.

I check their description, they're ghouls and i checked the Units screen, they're citizens, so I build their cages attach levels to them and release them, and they're hostile to my other CIV members interrupting jobs and swiping at people,

How do you fix/Avoid this?
I was told by Boltgun that this was fixed. I use the same script that he wrote for the Succubus mode.

This is the way its intended to work, just with non-hostile results. Maybe I'm somehow using an outdated script version?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: December 28, 2014, 11:57:49 am »

Why exactly does everything I butcher have a gizzard stone? Everything from wild animals to prisoners to captured invaders have gizzard stones called "<creature name> rock", it's ridiculous. They're filling up my "body(part)s only" stockpiles and I don't know what to do with them because they don't count as bones or actual rocks.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: December 28, 2014, 12:34:18 pm »

Is temperature on? The gizzard stones may be interim products intended to produce the clouds (most tasks have them in MDF) but if temperature is off, they remain as stones and don't vaporize into gas.

Edit: Yeah, never mind that. In diving the raws I see that only a couple things even result in gizzard stones when butchered (mostly bird and bird-like animals, as one would expect, but also alligators). Certainly not supposed to be "everything" so, /shrug.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 12:41:26 pm by Niveras »

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: December 28, 2014, 01:40:44 pm »

Why exactly does everything I butcher have a gizzard stone? Everything from wild animals to prisoners to captured invaders have gizzard stones called "<creature name> rock", it's ridiculous. They're filling up my "body(part)s only" stockpiles and I don't know what to do with them because they don't count as bones or actual rocks.

Pretty sure you can encrust things with them in the jewelers shop.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

wrightly678

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: December 28, 2014, 04:43:54 pm »

I was told by Boltgun that this was fixed. I use the same script that he wrote for the Succubus mode.

This is the way its intended to work, just with non-hostile results. Maybe I'm somehow using an outdated script version?

Hmm, I figured that I should check my version, incase I was out of date.
I'm currently running masterwork 6.2, so unless you've fixed it in a super secret development build, you may have a problem.

I could upload the save somewhere if you'd like?
though I'm not sure how much good it would do.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: December 28, 2014, 06:14:29 pm »

Pretty sure you can encrust things with them in the jewelers shop.

I tried that first when I saw the name, they weren't on the gems list either. It's just some weird rock that nearly every creature likes to swallow or whatever. Thankfully, I found that they can be burned to ash at a crematory, but without a separate sub-type for the rocks, that runs the risk of burning a useful bodypart.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: December 28, 2014, 10:27:06 pm »

hmm, i wonder if the giant list of "furniture summon" at the ethereal gate is needed?
wouldnt it be possible to shrink it down to just summon colored blocks there, as that special stonecrafter workshop can create everything else then out of 2 summoned rock blocks.
i mean, you get tons of blocks out of nowhere... no need to also get furniture out of nowhere if you can make it from all the blocks or? also would give skeletons and co a little bit more crafting to do.
---------------

if a warlock (was a migrant) has the scribe skill as highest one he is displayed the "crafts profession" icon... and that is a skeleton :D
well that one doesnt really matter at all though, just a little "oddity" i noticed.

oh speaking of sprites... why is the children sprite a little skeleton? (maybe its a white warlock haha)
well again it doesnt matter what it is... but i guess warlocks can get children (? edit: actually i think they cant, so i guess the children sprite doesnt matter)... and there is no way (i hope?) to get skeleton children as they are just created.
maybe some tiny robed child would work better? (well that might be hard to draw though.. so i guess the skeleton is fine anyways.)

i guess there is no way to have 2 sets of job sprites? one for warlocks and one for skeletons?
i think ghouls (fishing + butcher?) and zombies (just hauling "skill"/nothing) dont really need icons... where skeletons can be trained to skills and warlocks can have some different ones too.
i guess the current mix of warlock and skeleton sprites for jobs (that causes the little skeleton scribe) is probably the "best" possible, so no problem with it.

hmm maybe the skeleton child could be used for skeletons that lost 1+ limbs? i.e. some torso without legs that crawls around? (probably not possible to change sprites based on missing limbs, i.e. ("if entity/skeleton lost 1+ arm or leg, then use gfx of skeleton child/crawling skeleton" or so).
so a changed gfx might make skeletons with lost limbs "easier" to find so you can get them to that one workshop where you can build them together again.
well just a random idea.

but yeah, the sprite gfx stuff doesnt really matter.
----------------
and shouldnt summoned zombies/skeletons start at age 0 or 1? think the zombies i made started at age 15. (i guess its some hardcoded stuff that everything under 15 is considered a child and cant work or so?)
or maybe instead of "age" it could say "created at <fortressdate>" and technically it would give it the "date year" as "internal age" then?
so instead of saying "its a zombie age 15  or 16 or 17 etc" it sais "its a zombie created in summer 63" or "spring 461" or winter "1263".
but i guess then they shouldnt age... or else the creation date would "age" and increase...
well i guess all this would just be too complicated and maybe not even possible atm with df and hardcoded stuff etc... not like the age matters much in anyway.

actually after quickly double checking ingame, it does show when its "born"... but its the "wrong date". all 4 of my zombies (created one after the other over some time) are 15 years old and all born on the same day 1st granite year 88. i guess it just picks a default day/month 15 years ago when the zombie is created and not i.e. the day/month the zombie was created and the year-15.
i guess it would make most sense if it would be the day/month/year of the ingame date as "birth".

but ya again just little details i noticed that dont really matter.
----------------
oh one more little thing:
where do you actually make leather Whip/Flail/Scourge? at least the manual lists them as available a leather, but i still cant find where to craft them. i guess they would be very very early ghoul weapons made out of leather... *shrugs* maybe i just overlook the craft entry in some workshop.

----------------
will keep an eye out if skeletons will go opposed to live at some point when i create some.
but that zombies are civ members now is pretty good (after placing brackets around the intelligent tag)... they dont murder themself in your own traps like before with all the other random raised undeads. :D
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 05:13:38 am by Nelia Hawk »

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: December 29, 2014, 05:15:31 am »

i mean, you get tons of blocks out of nowhere... no need to also get furniture out of nowhere if you can make it from all the blocks or?

That may be there to stop you from abusing it and power training the hell out of various crafting skills. I have absolutely no idea though, that's just a theory.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 57