Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 57

Author Topic: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode  (Read 110005 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode
« Reply #225 on: June 24, 2014, 03:51:38 am »

Can prisoners breed? :D

So another thing, prisoners need to eat? My prisoners get the "hungry"-symbol-flashing-thingy, are they eating grass like the "normal" pet's? Or should be prisoners uhm... "use fast"-things?
Yes, they breed. And yes, you can feed them, if you build the prison.  Pasture them on top and run the feed reaction.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Jiamil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 24, 2014, 04:01:45 am »

Hi, one of the main reasons the Warlock have been my favourite race was because they don't get immigrants after the first two waves and you can 1.) Control how many and what kind of undead you got and 2.) Have to take care that your precious Warlocks didn't get killed.
With the new update it seems, that this restriction of immigrants has been lifted and I personally dislike it.
I would much appreciate some hints how to make it like it was: Two waves of immigrants, afterwards no more.
Thank you

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 24, 2014, 04:03:29 am »

Oh yes, sorry for the stupid question. Have looked at the manual and missed the prison. :-\ Thank you meph. :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #228 on: June 24, 2014, 04:05:18 am »

Hi, one of the main reasons the Warlock have been my favourite race was because they don't get immigrants after the first two waves and you can 1.) Control how many and what kind of undead you got and 2.) Have to take care that your precious Warlocks didn't get killed.
With the new update it seems, that this restriction of immigrants has been lifted and I personally dislike it.
I would much appreciate some hints how to make it like it was: Two waves of immigrants, afterwards no more.
Thank you
Thats strange, because I did not change the creature, they should die out just like before. Maybe open the GUI and set "SEASON" to none. If you have a very short worldgen, the civ might still be active. But really, its not intended to get migrants.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Jiamil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 24, 2014, 04:06:52 am »

Okay, that would explain the shady merchants, which I thought would have been part of the update, too. I am at about year 80, so yes, quite a young world. Thank you for answering so fast.

Edit: I would also like to point out, that you are able to make a Zombie out of one stack (2) of bones and if they get killed you can butcher them.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 04:10:37 am by Jiamil »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #230 on: June 24, 2014, 11:54:15 am »

Could other people please confirm that they get more than 2 migrant waves?

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 24, 2014, 11:59:35 am »

Could other people please confirm that they get more than 2 migrant waves?

v5.08 Alpha, post to be updated and edited for completeness.. as i find stuff =)

Warlock Mode
mefits don't spawn at embark, or with migrants.
adders cant be butchered. (man snakes are the most common animal or is it just me...)
Late Summer, Traders from the Warlock mountain home come bearing nothing to trade at all, their prisoner pack animals unloaded their clothing and it was marked as "mine" so i unforbade it so some of my ghouls would quit qqing about being naked

third set of migrants mid-spring, second year anniversary of fort. no hostiles. not even a thief yet

jesus more migrants, 10Female 6Male, 1 Vampire, 10 ghouls 24 skeletons

year 4, more migrants, only an ambush of elves so far nothing new , population around 80. net worth in the 10 million area

yeah, tons.. and tons of migrants when not set to population limit 20 also in the test fort never got any banshees or WW, or anything new -.-
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 12:04:42 pm by Fairin »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #232 on: June 24, 2014, 12:05:35 pm »

Ok, noted.

No active seasons it is. Means they wont siege anyone, unless called with force siege though...  :-\

SIGVARDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 24, 2014, 01:56:08 pm »

Couldn't you set them to no active seasons, then force a siege with DFhack automatically during the respective season that they would have sieged?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #234 on: June 24, 2014, 02:19:30 pm »

In theory, if I had something to determine which season it is and run the script, if your civ is hostile to them, and if their siege triggers are met. Otherwise you just get a warlock siege first winter, regardless of who you play and how wealthy your fort is.

in short: Yes, possible, but I wouldnt know how to do it.

SIGVARDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 24, 2014, 03:28:31 pm »

Understandably difficult when dealing with the odd constraints DF modding poses. Might be something to look into, especially with the problems people have been having with early sieges on kobolds as well.  The existing system just isn't designed to handle it. If the relevant data can be pulled, it's something a lot of modders could find uses for, a plugin request might be helpful.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #236 on: June 24, 2014, 11:22:28 pm »

it's something a lot of modders could find uses for
Actually, its only poor lone me. No other mod has multiple playable races, in which you can fight against the "good" races without babysnatcher and itemthief tags.

SIGVARDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 25, 2014, 01:25:19 am »

Which is one of the main reasons masterwork has gained such huge popularity, no doubt. Expwent did start a thread for interest assessment for a "fortress defense" mode with lots of Dfhack controlled sieges, busy man but might have some ideas on how to solve such a problem.  Obviously low on the priority list, just does seem to stand out as one of those issues that will compound upon itself and become more disruptive as the mod expands. Best of luck however it goes.

On topic of warlocks: With constant migrants so much havoc can be had, very over the top world-challenging evil, fun while it lasts. Have also not seen banshees or werewolves thus far with them. Most features working as expected.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #238 on: June 25, 2014, 02:14:34 am »

Evil races, Automatons, Banshees and Frost giants, will actually NOT attack the Warlocks. They are in one team.

Equus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 25, 2014, 04:35:04 pm »

hey i have been playing the warlocks some and i found a strange bug although this is (was, just downloaded the new update) in the old v 07
whilst getting sieged by a summoned human party (using the emisary), i summoned some goblins (using the emisary) and ran the transform invader to werewolf reaction. one of the goblins transformed into a "screaming prisoner" (i assume these are what the prisoners transform into before they turn into ghouls) he then stood around as a screaming prisoner before reverting back to a goblin and leaving the map.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 57