Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 57

Author Topic: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode  (Read 110039 times)

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode
« Reply #210 on: June 16, 2014, 05:03:17 pm »

aaaand traded for one,(nestbox) rather not kill merchants. got enough junk laying around -.- go on .. shoo your lucky! -.-

adamantine beetles sure do take a long .. long while to produce more -.-

Archonex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 16, 2014, 08:28:59 pm »

i used about 12 bone golems and wolves, never had an opposed to fort issue.

however im pritty sure if they kill a zombie you summoned it causes a loyalty cascade.

I've just had to stop playing with the warlocks for the time being.  They're probably my favorite race in Masterwork but the loss of so much of the high tier stuff really takes the fun out of it for me.  Especially since my preferred early game tactic is to get a proper undead horde going.  What's the point of being a necromancer if you can't raise the dead? :-[
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 08:31:31 pm by Archonex »

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 17, 2014, 08:00:03 am »

get creative with it, you really don't need the gates down all the time for traders to bring wagons *chuckle.* Chuck the bodies overboard an let the monolith res them outside the gate, controlled undead inside. uncontrolled outside. Create an "air lock" with some skeletons to gather the bodies, and minecarts to dump them on your butchery the next z-level- down if your worried about that. Its all about creating solutions to the problem. =)

also i think the cascade comes from the summoned golems and what not being "NOT TAME" so i'm in the process of making a brandnew ghoul just to train up animal training... just to make them tame and wartrainable which is working....slowly...
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 08:01:39 am by Fairin »

Archonex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 17, 2014, 08:42:54 am »

get creative with it, you really don't need the gates down all the time for traders to bring wagons *chuckle.* Chuck the bodies overboard an let the monolith res them outside the gate, controlled undead inside. uncontrolled outside. Create an "air lock" with some skeletons to gather the bodies, and minecarts to dump them on your butchery the next z-level- down if your worried about that. Its all about creating solutions to the problem. =)

also i think the cascade comes from the summoned golems and what not being "NOT TAME" so i'm in the process of making a brandnew ghoul just to train up animal training... just to make them tame and wartrainable which is working....slowly...

I was under the impression that they can't be tamed.  Or is it possible?  The animal training part of the game is one area where i'm lagging a bit behind in terms of knowledge.

The big problem with that idea that i've seen is that they inevitably go hostile to everyone.  When I realized the undead wanted to chomp on the constructed undead I just put them inside, guarding my entry hall.  Then they went berserk for no particularly identifiable reason.  Which started an impromptu siege since I had five or so gigantic engines of undeath just rampaging through the only secured exit I had set up.  Especially since they still count as fort members, which means that traps don't seem to work. 

Putting them inside doesn't work when putting them outside causes issues itself due to bugs.  The two bugs/issues combined together mean they're pretty much unusable when you're playing normally.  Though if the enchanted armor sets work that's something, at least.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 09:46:53 am by Archonex »

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 17, 2014, 09:48:35 am »

literately had golems. as NOT TAME for years guarding my entrance shaft on all three caverns, the surface. and the Candy spire to the Circus only recently began training them (which is taking.. longer than i'd really desire...)

they've only gone hostile if they killed a raised zombie, just keep them seperate and your good.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 09:50:37 am by Fairin »

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 17, 2014, 12:20:27 pm »

chemist > Clean Rusty Iron(3) with Acid Requires Acid Vials

distill acid from _____ makes Acid Flasks.

got like 400 rusty iron, 100s of acid flasks.. cant turn them into regular iron.. to grind down to dust.. -.- sigh.. adumping we will go! to the magma pit!

while i like the idea of FUN, floating brains just ended the actual fun of my fort >> causing a loyalty cascade with their berserk spell

well they didnt END it persay. but my entire military just started killing themselves, WHICH IS A HUGE HEADACHE becuase now they all have to be cull'd
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 04:05:06 pm by Fairin »

Wandering_Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 18, 2014, 12:01:05 am »

I have a small question... What's the best way for warlocks to get thread? I have a warlock who is bedridden because she got stabbed in the hand by a kobold. :/

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 18, 2014, 12:14:31 am »

Gather a bunch of plants. One of them should be rope reed. And I think you can summon some web creatures at one building or another.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 18, 2014, 01:31:23 am »

kill things, shave a fur for wool thread at the tanner's workshop, or

kill things and after butchered will leave wool to spin into thread at the farmers workshop

no question is too small ask away =)

windalu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 20, 2014, 03:18:02 pm »

Hi, I have encountered an interesting bug/exploit.
Embark in evil region.
Brought "pets" - human prisoners (yay, souls without killing mephits!), also I got 2 prisoners pulling my wagon  :D .
Slaughtering them in the butcher leaves nothing - no soul, no meat, no bones, nothing.
Dungeon industry doesnt let me butcher them so I try to get me some skeletons. I pasture the rest of my prisoners on Execution Chamber, run the skeleton transformation, I get a skeleton, but no prisoner dies. At first I pastured 3 prisoners on the Execution, after seeing the bug I left only 1 there but the result was the same - new skeleton, prisoner survived.

maybe prisoners-pets that you get at the embark miss some reaction/status?

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 20, 2014, 03:49:59 pm »

They're different from the raiding prisoners
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 20, 2014, 07:52:03 pm »

meph said he was changing the prisoners to use tools instead of the current system, so after we get humans. and some other bug(ed) race he might fix warlocks =)

*hands out torches and pitch forks*

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #222 on: June 20, 2014, 08:20:04 pm »

meph said he was changing the prisoners to use tools instead of the current system, so after we get humans. and some other bug(ed) race he might fix warlocks =)

*hands out torches and pitch forks*
Certainly before the bug race :P
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

burrito25man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 23, 2014, 03:10:51 am »

Hi, I have encountered an interesting bug/exploit.
Embark in evil region.
Brought "pets" - human prisoners (yay, souls without killing mephits!), also I got 2 prisoners pulling my wagon  :D .
Slaughtering them in the butcher leaves nothing - no soul, no meat, no bones, nothing.
Dungeon industry doesnt let me butcher them so I try to get me some skeletons. I pasture the rest of my prisoners on Execution Chamber, run the skeleton transformation, I get a skeleton, but no prisoner dies. At first I pastured 3 prisoners on the Execution, after seeing the bug I left only 1 there but the result was the same - new skeleton, prisoner survived.

maybe prisoners-pets that you get at the embark miss some reaction/status?

This was happening to me as well. I think this is related to the itemcorpse tag on the prisoners, because when I removed the tag I could at least butcher the poor saps and get all the standard goodies a freshly slaughtered dwarf provides  :D. However, they still don't work for any transformations.

To to this, open the raws

open creature_warlock.txt

delete every: [ITEMCORPSE:MEAT:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:TORTURE:MUSCLE]

and save  ;)
It's a slippery slope.  You start out modding, then move on to hard DFHacking, and next thing you know you're making your own games...

LUA Script: Workaround for butchering Sentients
 - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=165414.0

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 24, 2014, 03:25:26 am »

Can prisoners breed? :D

So another thing, prisoners need to eat? My prisoners get the "hungry"-symbol-flashing-thingy, are they eating grass like the "normal" pet's? Or should be prisoners uhm... "use fast"-things?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 57