Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 57

Author Topic: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode  (Read 110049 times)

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode
« Reply #165 on: June 13, 2014, 12:46:53 am »

You are right about the clothing. :) Its both available, clothing or armor.

The magma source should work, boltgun just did an update on that... the 0 is not important it uses scripts, but I'll check it out.

Does it only work underground? Or not on constructed floors?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #166 on: June 13, 2014, 09:27:11 am »

it should work everywhere.  :-\
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 13, 2014, 10:21:26 am »

I asked this before, but it never really got answered. Are ghouls converted from invaders still hostile to your fort? Not santruming, not opposed to life, but Hostile. I remember this happening in an older version, but I haven't gotten far enough, what with the frequent updates, to find out.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #168 on: June 13, 2014, 10:28:05 am »

I asked this before, but it never really got answered. Are ghouls converted from invaders still hostile to your fort? Not santruming, not opposed to life, but Hostile. I remember this happening in an older version, but I haven't gotten far enough, what with the frequent updates, to find out.
I dont know.

I havent update the Warlocks, so the answer should be no. But Boltgun did fix the scripts and they work in Succubus mode, and since the Warlocks use the same scripts, it should work now for Warlocks as well. I have not tested it though.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 13, 2014, 10:42:48 am »

I'll let you know when I test it. Thanks!
EDIT: Is there any place to make metal armorsets?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 03:18:04 pm by palu »
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Kiefatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 13, 2014, 03:41:54 pm »

I understand that Warlocks are supposed to use the Ironbone/Bloodsteel/Dreadnaught chain of materials, but they do have access to Herbalists. Are Ironwood and Steeloak basically useless for them?

Edit: And yea... Forge reactions for full armor sets would be nice, much as the bone forge can make bone armor sets, being able to just queue up sets of whatever material would be nice.

You could even go, Mail and Plate sets, though I've no clue how armor can be layered, or if it's even useful.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 03:43:38 pm by Kiefatar »

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 13, 2014, 03:43:33 pm »

I understand that Warlocks are supposed to use the Ironbone/Bloodsteel/Dreadnaught chain of materials, but they do have access to Herbalists. Are Ironwood and Steeloak basically useless for them?
I think they can grind them to powder.

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 13, 2014, 06:06:22 pm »

I had that happen to me too on my first try. Now I just use the execution chamber.

Omnicast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 13, 2014, 06:07:37 pm »

I just really want to kill off vampires since I can't see any benefits to catering to them. It's not like enemies they fight get bitten and turns into new ghouls/vampires. The fact that they kill off precious warlocks when you forget to feed them makes them a micromanaging nightmare... I also can't think up a good replacement for the vampire crypt...

I'd love to have ghosts/phantoms/poltergeists/wraiths/banshees in my fort... though these would belong in the body & soul library section.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #174 on: June 13, 2014, 06:12:24 pm »

And what would they do? They are warbeasts/pets, right?

dukea42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 13, 2014, 09:39:12 pm »

What about about lord of the rings style wraithlord?  Body is very similar to the enchanted armor, nearly corporeal, making them weak (soul brain) only under the empyrean skin/helm - bonus if only weak to the opposite sex :).  Otherwise strong like vampires, but no blood concerns.

A rare, but a sort of apex form for warlocks to achieve. Perhaps too close to the existing overlord though?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 09:42:45 pm by dukea42 »
My posts are probably based on Masterwork DF mod

Hotawotwot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 14, 2014, 02:07:39 am »

Another crude undead pet idea for the Warlocks, as a sort of guard/hunting dog substitute.

Headspider, constructed using a skull, meat, and maybe a soul? Honestly balance things such as cost are up to you anyways.

A relatively small, fast creature with a grappling tongue, sharp teeth, and a tendency to become enraged.

Basically this thing from the great John Carpenter move, The Thing (warning, spectacular 1982 gore FX) http://youtu.be/JjIXwkX1e48?t=1m37s

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 14, 2014, 03:33:56 am »

how to micromanage a vampire.
step1 create a room with a blood winery a table a chair, and a bed
step2 create either a switch room you can lock and unlock to deliver meat / barrels or a dump hole from above.
step3 dump in some meat / barrels for him to brew his own blood/bloodwine, i find 20 or so barrels of blood/wine lasts him a -very- long time, like a year or so at best. if he dies of thirst. revive him before his corpse turns to a partial skeleton. then send him back to his room

step4 ???

step5 profit (skeletonbanner transformation)

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 14, 2014, 04:11:27 am »

Let him die, resurrect him when you need a banner.

Done.

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 14, 2014, 06:10:31 am »

Basically this thing from the great John Carpenter move, The Thing (warning, spectacular 1982 gore FX) http://youtu.be/JjIXwkX1e48?t=1m37s
Taco Bell... not even once.

But i would love to see more body horror type stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 57