Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 41

Author Topic: ☼Kobolds☼ - Everything Kobold Mode  (Read 103942 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Kobolds☼ - Everything Kobold Mode
« Reply #240 on: August 31, 2014, 11:41:51 pm »

A full set of armour, head, hands, legs, boots, gloves.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Xaxares

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 03, 2014, 10:03:14 pm »

Hello, everyone, first time posting here and for the glory of Kobolds no less.

I understand it kind of beats the purpose and style that was given to them but is there a way to alter or create items for them to dig into stone?
I know there's a wooden shovel and I've seen somewhere something about a bone one in the raws.

As an aside, the Badger and kea men/women, I noticed that in DF they are considered Civ members but I've never been able to assign any labors to them.
Not to mention that, in Therapist, they are still considered animals. Is there a way to make them do work?

Thanks.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 03, 2014, 10:48:23 pm »

Badger and Kea men **MIGHT** be able to do fishing. Probably not though. I'm pretty sure they can be elected mayor[Or whatever equivalent kobolds have of a mayor.]. But no normal labours because they're not civ members. In the latest version, a breakable shovel can be made from 3 logs at the Dirt Digger[Upgraded from the large tent workshop]. There may also be a bone variant, but I'm not sure.
Spooky Signature

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 03, 2014, 10:52:18 pm »

They might decide to start fishing, but other than that you can't get other creatures to work unless they share the same race as your civ.

Ninja'd
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Xaxares

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 04, 2014, 06:28:26 pm »

Is that behavior modable though? or is it hard-coded?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 04, 2014, 06:31:17 pm »

There IS sort of a way to make pet creatures do labours, but its one of those things full of holes because the game wasn't designed to handle it. Plus, to do that, you'd need to add the kea men caste to the kobold race. Which means that two kobolds could give birth to one. Which is a no-no and is why Meph has only made single race playable civs[Besides Warlocks, because they're sterile].
Spooky Signature

Xaxares

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 04, 2014, 06:41:00 pm »

Interesting to know, thanks.

LtGreeneyes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 10, 2014, 03:21:37 pm »

A few days (weeks?) late, but thank you for the reply, Arcvasti!

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 30, 2014, 01:14:06 pm »

I was digging down, and I found myself a nice vein of lignite a few layers down, and I'm want for fuel. Trees are too precious few, and the peat reaction if not super efficient/fast enough to keep with order. I know it says kobolds can use Anthracite for making fuel at the smelter, but can they use lignite at some building?

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 30, 2014, 04:35:43 pm »

I thought that all the "coal" minerals were hard coded in the vanilla smelter, did I get that wrong?
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 30, 2014, 05:01:58 pm »

I was digging down, and I found myself a nice vein of lignite a few layers down, and I'm want for fuel. Trees are too precious few, and the peat reaction if not super efficient/fast enough to keep with order. I know it says kobolds can use Anthracite for making fuel at the smelter, but can they use lignite at some building?

Lignite and Bituminous Coal should both work like in valnilla. I also find that wood stalk farming is super useful for kobolds, especially on maps with not enough trees. Since you can't smooth stalk wood and do all that sort of stuff with it I can usually use mostly stalk wood for fuel porpoises.
Spooky Signature

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 02, 2014, 05:18:14 am »

Lignite and Bituminous Coal should both work like in valnilla. I also find that wood stalk farming is super useful for kobolds, especially on maps with not enough trees. Since you can't smooth stalk wood and do all that sort of stuff with it I can usually use mostly stalk wood for fuel porpoises.

I must be missing something then, cause I have at least 20 pieces of lignite just sitting beside my kobold Smelter, and I see zero reactions on the smelter  pertaining to the fuel type.  :-\

On that note though, I will try your idea with stalk wood, if you wouldn't mind explaining it a bit better to me how you go about making it into fuel.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 02, 2014, 09:57:53 am »

Last I checked, there was a reaction in the smelter that turned one wood log into 3 coke. Never actually tried to use lignite or bituminous coal with kobolds, so maybe it DID get removed.
Spooky Signature

NeoxDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 11, 2014, 01:37:53 pm »

As I was playing I noticed that I couldn't fire up my greenware jugs. I quickly edited the raws and fixed that but now the jug is unglazed earthenware jug and therefore I couldn't use it for storing liquids. I noticed also that there were no glazing reactions in the kiln for the bolds. I edited the entity file to permit the glazing reactions and had the glazing reactions added back but now I came across YET another problem. I couldn't make the glaze powders necessary for glazing. I had a quern set up and plenty of ash and a bunch of empty wooden jugs lying around but the "ash glaze powder" reaction in the quern is still red. I'm not sure if this problem have been stated before, tried searching around and couldn't find anything worthwhile other than that this problem also happens for the dwarves.

Edit:Until I can find some way to fix the glazing reactions I'll simply set earthenware to have absorption of zero.
2nd Edit: Readded the glaze_mat tag to cassiterite in inorganic_ore.txt and had it run in the quern reaction. Let's just say my bolds are certainly feeling the heat. !!!magma!!! for everyone.  :P
3rd Edit: So I made the quern reaction to specifically accept ash but the output is simply generic powder not glaze ash powder the reaction in the kiln requires.

P.S. I know the whole glazing thing isn't important as you have other options for storing liquids and better ways to increase wealth but simply knowing the reactions are in the raws yet they don't work makes my OCD flare up like a rocket.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 10:23:17 pm by NeoxDark »

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 12, 2014, 03:26:38 am »

I don't know about glazing, but you can't fire greenware goods in masterwork on purpose, you have to dry them to "bone-dry" goods first. It's to keep clay-working from being over-powered since it's basically free stuff otherwise.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 41