Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 41

Author Topic: ☼Kobolds☼ - Everything Kobold Mode  (Read 103908 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Kobolds☼ - Everything Kobold Mode
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2014, 10:39:01 pm »

I'll be doing a few things here next. Anything anyone wants to see added?

Early game dirt shovels are cool. Maybe you should nerf some of the thieving reactions and introduce some intermediary materials for kobolds. So far its bone, sometimes ironbone and then straight to mithral. More kobold magics and something for them to do with souls. The Altar to Griblin is pretty useless right now. Maybe use souls, blood and ironbone to make corrupted bloodsteel or something on that level? Also, a less OP Batch Kiln would be nice. Pottery and Kobolds were two things I always thought should sort of go together.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2014, 10:44:34 pm »

Thieving reactions have been bugged for awhile as far as I know...I've never had a Kobold actually die from it.

Would also be super cool if the Badgermen could actually be used for something besides hurting FPS. Not sure how, unless they are just like a kobold caste that have zero chance of occurring naturally or something, but yeah. Would be cool to be able to outfit a badgerman squad for end game.

I've also not been able to get nearly as much use out of ogres as would be fun. Takes them WAY too long to breed, and a single ogre isn't going to do much besides die in a couple turns.  Kobold magic also has the same boiling boulder issues that Orcs had.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 10:48:32 pm by omniclasm »

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2014, 11:06:43 pm »

Hopefully the poison aspect of kobolds will become more entertaining with my poison changes (assuming they are implemented)

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 14, 2014, 04:49:40 pm »

Is there a way to turn turn the kobolds breeding I'm trying to play a game with barely and kobolds in the world but nope they decided the being part rat is dumb and go part bunny and spread across the world like crazy.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 09:11:15 pm by danmanthedog »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #79 on: June 14, 2014, 06:20:41 pm »

Is there a way to turn turn the kobolds breeding I'm trying to play a game with barely and kobolds in the world but nope they decided the being part rat is dumb and go part bunny and spread across the world like crazy.
I think you might have to rephrase that... question? sentence?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 14, 2014, 06:48:10 pm »

Sorry. The kobolds in my worlds are breeding faster then rabbits, but I want to have just some kobolds in my world. I tried to turn up the world dangers up to kill them off but they seem to breed fast. So my question is how do I turn down kobold's breeding?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 14, 2014, 10:11:49 pm »

Sorry. The kobolds in my worlds are breeding faster then rabbits, but I want to have just some kobolds in my world. I tried to turn up the world dangers up to kill them off but they seem to breed fast. So my question is how do I turn down kobold's breeding?

Put them in squads and send them out in a zerg rush with mass produced armour and weapons. Or just reduce their litter size
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 15, 2014, 07:40:40 am »

I think he means in worldgen.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 15, 2014, 09:47:15 am »

I think he means in worldgen.
*DING DING DING* Haa. Okay so litter size will help a bit, because they spread way to fast.

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold
« Reply #84 on: June 16, 2014, 08:12:07 pm »

Just getting back into DF a bit and wanted to watch the kobold thread!  Looks like Masterwork has continued to expand like crazy!

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 16, 2014, 10:49:51 pm »

Just getting back into DF a bit and wanted to watch the kobold thread!  Looks like Masterwork has continued to expand like crazy!
Welcome back captian! Your armies of one third rabbit, one third lizard and one third rat people are ready for your command

Mithril Leaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 18, 2014, 10:07:47 am »

Regarding the Breeding Warren, would it be possible utilize some of the catplosion code in order to produce babies in a timely fashion. I was thinking something like the idea here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121451.msg4169380#msg4169380.

EDIT: What are the limits on a workshop's ability to do something to a creature? It can't select a script target right?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 10:15:02 am by Mithril Leaf »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #87 on: June 18, 2014, 11:40:21 am »

Regarding the Breeding Warren, would it be possible utilize some of the catplosion code in order to produce babies in a timely fashion. I was thinking something like the idea here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121451.msg4169380#msg4169380.

EDIT: What are the limits on a workshop's ability to do something to a creature? It can't select a script target right?
I'd love to use it, but the catsplosion is a precompiled dll. I cant change it to kobolds... but if I can find someone who can compile the C++ script, I could try. :) Or spawn children somehow, that would also make sense.

Yes, it can select a script target, I do that all the time ;)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Mithril Leaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 18, 2014, 12:00:00 pm »

I'd love to use it, but the catsplosion is a precompiled dll. I cant change it to kobolds... but if I can find someone who can compile the C++ script, I could try. :) Or spawn children somehow, that would also make sense.

Looking at the code on the github, it looks like a (relatively) simple matter of tossing an impregnate and set pregnancy time to 0 onto a script that targets the worker, possibly after turning them into a woman. It could very well be far more complex than that, but it shouldn't be too hard. Even if you need to compile a new create baby DLL, it shouldn't be too painful.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #89 on: June 18, 2014, 12:03:56 pm »

Looking at the code on the github, it looks like a (relatively) simple matter of tossing an impregnate and set pregnancy time to 0 onto a script that targets the worker, possibly after turning them into a woman. It could very well be far more complex than that, but it shouldn't be too hard. Even if you need to compile a new create baby DLL, it shouldn't be too painful.
In that case: Congratulations Mithril Leaf, you have been chosen to be the kobold-baby-maker. Good luck. ;)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 41