Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 92

Author Topic: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode  (Read 203125 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode
« Reply #1185 on: April 05, 2015, 03:19:13 am »

What do you mean with game orders to freak?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

lordofgilneas

• Bay Watcher
  • And i suppose you think you're the one to do it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: April 05, 2015, 09:05:25 am »

They all started canceling near him. Saying they were interrupted.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: April 05, 2015, 12:33:42 pm »

Do you have diseases turned on? It sounds like you got a loyalty cascade somehow and rabies has a tendency to cause them.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

lordofgilneas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: April 05, 2015, 02:47:50 pm »

Uhhh no. All I know is it's normal now that he's dead.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: April 05, 2015, 03:34:08 pm »

I dunno, sounds like he was just hostile?  If not a regular invader, maybe a were-creature or Tower mage of some kind?  Lots of possibilities, hard to diagnose more precisely without seeing it.

kafkaf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: April 05, 2015, 03:44:53 pm »

I have a problem similar to the one of lordofgilneas. It seems to be a loyality cascade but it has no distinctive reason.
All the plump helmet men are caged (there was a rebellion years ago and my mayor now is a PHM), I never attacked carvan guadrs/diplomats, "diseases" are off, but "secret !Fun!" is on. Without any reason a dwarf starts attacking another and the cascade starts. They shout something like "I hope Armok can forgive me..." or "He must be stark raving mad..." either in red or cyan before trying to kill eachother. Why do they do this?

I loaded an earlier save multiple times to see if it still happens (it does, but with a different onset time and different dwarves) and later tried exterminating the first combattants in adavance via DFhack, but it dosen't affect anything. I don't know if it's a coincidence but a few times there were some raccoons before the cascade started. Is there a possibility to end this via DFhack?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 04:44:17 pm by kafkaf »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: April 05, 2015, 05:17:42 pm »

Sounds like Secret Fun; if you don't like this kind of stuff, I'd suggest turning that off in your next fort.  You can try a Ward of Armok and see if it cures people, I'm not sure what else to try.

something like "..."

If you note *exactly* what they say you can search (find in files) it in the raws and might be able to figure out exactly what it is, if you don't mind turning it into Non-secret Fun ;)    I didn't find either of the phrases you mention.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 05:20:44 pm by smakemupagus »

lordofgilneas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: April 05, 2015, 07:56:20 pm »

It listed him as friendly. But perhaps it was secret "FUN".

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1193 on: April 05, 2015, 11:32:26 pm »

They shout something like "I hope Armok can forgive me..." or "He must be stark raving mad..." either in red or cyan before trying to kill eachother. Why do they do this?
dwarf to dwarf battle cry. Just like they shout "got you thief" if it's dwarf to kobolds, or "die, greenskin", if its dwarf to goblin.

I figured that it's only against berserking dwarves, so they feel remorse for striking them down. It's just flavor, not the reason for you loyality cascade.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

lordofgilneas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: April 06, 2015, 01:14:06 pm »

Hey, some of the first dwarf caravan merchants STILL haven't left. It's not pathing probs. The entire elf caravan could leave. Why is this?

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: April 06, 2015, 02:04:11 pm »

Have they completely packed up what you sold them? Packing up is not instant, and if you sell tons of individual items, like crafts, without bins they take a lot longer to pack than if they had bins included or if you sold them fewer items.

That's presuming there isn't some other bug involved.

lordofgilneas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: April 06, 2015, 07:51:03 pm »

Possibly. Kinda mean to leave them behind.

c0mplex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: April 09, 2015, 02:36:46 am »

Question: What are acids used for?

I was messing around with my herbalist and saw that I could make plants that seems to have the sole purpose of being processed into acids (Necromantic and Corpse-Shock acids). Do those items actually serve a purpose because I cannot figure out how to make use of them outside of just trading them.

lordofgilneas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: April 09, 2015, 03:06:50 am »

Traps and weapon enhancements probably.

c0mplex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: April 10, 2015, 07:10:35 pm »

Traps and weapon enhancements probably.

Well that is what is to be expected, however I cannot find any workshops that utilize acids for such options and the online manual say nothing about actually using acids that I could find.

I also have another question because something strange happened. One of my dwarves just suddenly became a Level 5 Hunter. I never enabled Hunting for any dwarves and this happened with one of my initial dwarves, no migrants have come so I'm not confusing him for someone else. Just all of a sudden, I get an announcement that one of my dwarves became a Hunter, and I find my mechanic magically became a Hunter for no apparent reason.

Is this an error of some kind or a gameplay feature I am not aware of? I'm not complaining but it is really odd that it happened.

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 92