Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 92

Author Topic: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode  (Read 203373 times)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode
« Reply #930 on: October 10, 2014, 10:09:29 pm »

It's related to the fact that you have Werewolf civ turned off, while some of the items in the raws are still looking for deactivated werewolf bits.

These kind of issues can be hard for Meph to test himself because there's no way for him to play with every possible combination of GUI settings.  A lot of times this sort of thing will "fail gracefully" and don't cause serious crashes but, you never know.  Still definitely worth reporting.

CheeseHolePete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: October 10, 2014, 10:11:41 pm »

Ahh, ok. Well thank you for the quick response. I suppose my best bet is to just turn the werewolf civ on then as I am not in any way proficient enough to start messing in the raws.

I appreciate the info. Maybe this will help Meph in later versions, either way thanks  :)

CheeseHolePete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: October 10, 2014, 10:12:54 pm »

And just an FYI, the error log seems to just FILL with this message over and over again, as it seems to keep trying and trying. Eventually my game just totally bombs.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: October 10, 2014, 10:25:44 pm »

No, it only does that when it loads the raws.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #934 on: October 10, 2014, 10:37:18 pm »

And just an FYI, the error log seems to just FILL with this message over and over again, as it seems to keep trying and trying. Eventually my game just totally bombs.
the errorlog you posted does not affect the FPS at all.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

CheeseHolePete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: October 10, 2014, 10:40:47 pm »

Hm. well the game consistently crashes on me every time. The FPS are actually perfectly ok (150) all the way up until the crash.

Is there any other log I can look into to see what may be the cause?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #936 on: October 10, 2014, 10:44:55 pm »

Did you try running the game without dfhack? If its a consistent crash, at the same date, you can upload the save if you want.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

CheeseHolePete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: October 10, 2014, 10:51:21 pm »

Damn, I just went ahead and deleted the world and am trying to regen a new one. If I have any other issues, I will try without DFHack.
If this doesn't resolve it, I will save and upload if it helps.

I noticed that it would run pretty well generally for like I said 15 minutes, but it didnt seem to happen at the same time every time. It actually seemed to happen if I would use the command "reveal" in DFHack and go down a few z levels.

I played plenty of Masterwork DF on medium maps in previous versions, but for whatever reason, it crashes pretty consistently on medium maps on this version. Hopefully I'll figure it out.

Thanks for your time.

CheeseHolePete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: October 11, 2014, 01:19:39 am »

Well after trying to generate about 6 or 7 medium worlds, the game crashes every time in world gen mode. I have no idea what the problem is or any idea of how I would diagnose it.

Sad too, as I have played several earlier versions of Masterwork DF with medium worlds with really no problems whatsoever. My computer has been upgraded too.

Wish I knew what to do, but I guess I'll just try vanilla for awhile :(

Only major thing I notice is that it seems to just LOCK UP and crash when I use the mouse wheel to zoom in or out on the screen (to see the whole map and make the text smaller or larger).
This seems to just kill the whole game. I'm using Masterwork Font and Obsidian graphic pack...

Is it something to do with true type maybe?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 01:33:33 am by CheeseHolePete »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: October 11, 2014, 01:44:33 am »

Only major thing I notice is that it seems to just LOCK UP and crash when I use the mouse wheel to zoom in or out on the screen (to see the whole map and make the text smaller or larger).

rendermax enabled?

CheeseHolePete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: October 11, 2014, 01:56:45 am »

No, it hasn't been enabled.

Strangely, now trying starfox or mayday tilesets from main GUI, the whole generation process works just fine and seems a lot smoother, although I'm still afraid to zoom in or out during map gen process.

Should I try rendermax? My comp has a decent processor and video card and runs most modern games relatively well.

CheeseHolePete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: October 11, 2014, 02:00:43 am »

Verified now 100% ===

Any time I try scrolling my mouse wheel even after world gen mode has finished and I'm looking for a sutable embark site, if I use the mousewheel to zoom in or out of map, dwarf fortres.exe stops working...

Weird eh? I have no idea why it would do this. This happens regardless if its mayday, starfox, obsidian etc.

Found this... Maybe has somethiong to do with it. I don't know.

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=2750
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 02:06:08 am by CheeseHolePete »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: October 11, 2014, 02:07:11 am »

No, sorry, just the opposite; the only thing that I've ever heard of causing a problem like you're describing is Rendermax.  the lighting redraw system is incompatable with zooming, or something like that. 

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: October 11, 2014, 02:10:39 am »

TWBT also caused a glitchy renderring for someone on the embark map when using the zoom.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

CheeseHolePete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: October 11, 2014, 02:21:23 am »

I'm going to do a clean install of the whole thing and try again. I really have a suspicion it's truetype. Thing is though, I hit f12 to "try" to turn it off on main screen.

I just have no idea if it turned off or not, as hitting f12 didn't give me any prompt like "true type is now off" etc.

So, I hit f12 one time, just assuming it turned truetype off and barely scrolled my mousewheel... the text got one step larger and CRASH.

hehe. This is kind of crazy.

Also, I embarked, being very careful not to scroll my mousewheel until in the game on a map with my dwarves, and then scrolled the mousewheel and got for a split secon a very wavy diagonal screen with font going all over the place and immediate crash...

Thanks for your input on this regardless. Hopefully I'll get it sorted out.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 02:25:20 am by CheeseHolePete »
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 92