Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 92

Author Topic: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode  (Read 203339 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode
« Reply #765 on: August 08, 2014, 07:09:51 am »

One is about natural skills, the other about skill learn rates. The natural skills I can fix, the skill learn rates not yet.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: August 08, 2014, 07:33:07 am »

I refined the script into one that actually fixes the caste (checking soul and unit castes):

EDIT: This is just a junior dev's try at fixing the issue, it comes with no warranties.

Code: [Select]
local unit=dfhack.gui.getSelectedUnit()

if unit == nil then
print('No unit selected')
else
soulCaste = unit.status.current_soul.caste
unitCaste = unit.caste
print('Unit caste', unitCaste)
print('Soul caste', soulCaste)
if unitCaste ~= soulCaste then
print('Assigning new caste ID ', unitCaste)
unit.status.current_soul.caste = unitCaste
end
end

I am unsure as for how to automatically run such script (or similar) with what you call TrueTransform, but it might be possible to do it.

Basically, the caste change only change the unit's caste, and not the caste in the soul.

In hope it can help you.

For the others, just copy any file in "Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts", rename the copy "caste-fix.lua".
Open it with a notepad (or other raw text editor), and replace all the content with my above script.

To use it 'v'iew the unit you need to "fix" and type "caste-fix" in the dfhack console.

In hopes it helps both players and any/all people helping Meph with this mod.

PS: @Meph: Should I post this in a more central place? the problem is not just for dwarves.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 07:37:10 am by slay_mithos »
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: August 08, 2014, 12:58:37 pm »

Speaking of souls, are PHM intentionally soulless? Also, what are the requirements for invader soul harvesting? If it needs fresh bodies, it needs an impractically large number of haulers. Could it be changed to accept skeletons too?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: August 08, 2014, 01:14:29 pm »

I refined the script into one that actually fixes the caste (checking soul and unit castes):

EDIT: This is just a junior dev's try at fixing the issue, it comes with no warranties.

Code: [Select]
local unit=dfhack.gui.getSelectedUnit()

if unit == nil then
print('No unit selected')
else
soulCaste = unit.status.current_soul.caste
unitCaste = unit.caste
print('Unit caste', unitCaste)
print('Soul caste', soulCaste)
if unitCaste ~= soulCaste then
print('Assigning new caste ID ', unitCaste)
unit.status.current_soul.caste = unitCaste
end
end

I am unsure as for how to automatically run such script (or similar) with what you call TrueTransform, but it might be possible to do it.

Basically, the caste change only change the unit's caste, and not the caste in the soul.

In hope it can help you.

For the others, just copy any file in "Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts", rename the copy "caste-fix.lua".
Open it with a notepad (or other raw text editor), and replace all the content with my above script.

To use it 'v'iew the unit you need to "fix" and type "caste-fix" in the dfhack console.

In hopes it helps both players and any/all people helping Meph with this mod.

PS: @Meph: Should I post this in a more central place? the problem is not just for dwarves.

Thanks. I will definitely be trying this out, and soon. Should have put up at least one guild already. (Can't decide where I want to put them though... decisions!)

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: August 08, 2014, 05:37:28 pm »

What's the best armor layering one can mass-produce reliably in a dwarven fort? I thought (replace clothing): lamellar leather padded armor set, mail shirt, plate armor set. I know they can wear a mail shirt with these, but can they wear a mail greaves, boots, hood and gloves too?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #770 on: August 08, 2014, 05:47:39 pm »

What's the best armor layering one can mass-produce reliably in a dwarven fort? I thought (replace clothing): lamellar leather padded armor set, mail shirt, plate armor set. I know they can wear a mail shirt with these, but can they wear a mail greaves, boots, hood and gloves too?
they should. padded armor under, platemail, then chainmail over.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: August 08, 2014, 07:38:26 pm »

This might be the stupidest question anyone has ever asked you but i couldn't find the answer anywhere.

In the version 5 manual it mentioned races such as ashlander elves, deep drow, and the dwarven legion. so i check the neighbours tab on the embark but i didn't see them there. I then checked the launcher and i noticed that there was no toggle to turn these races on and off.

Were they removed? May I ask why?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #772 on: August 08, 2014, 07:58:14 pm »

They are removed, because they were too many civs. I recently added centauren, banshee, werewolves, naga and more... are they still mentioned in the new manual somewhere?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: August 08, 2014, 09:08:08 pm »

they are mentioned in the manual that was made before the human update under the races tab. right below gnomes. It says 5.10 manual

Also one thing that confused me was that in your glimmering fortress, you mentioned a guard who was wearing an ashland glass helm

This is a ashland glass helm. 

On the item is a rendition of a masterfully designed  image of voodoo poison. 
The image is the symbol of The Smiling Nation, a human civilization.  It is made from gargoyle bone. 

Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #774 on: August 08, 2014, 09:11:20 pm »

Ashland glass is still in the game. :)

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: August 08, 2014, 09:13:30 pm »

They are removed, because they were too many civs. I recently added centauren, banshee, werewolves, naga and more... are they still mentioned in the new manual somewhere?

saw them mentioned in the new v6 in the warlock manual at the glass shaper:
You can also make a long list of ruby glass and cobalt glass items. These new glasses are traded by the Ashlander elves, taiga orcs and are made in the Ebonforge.

and if you click on the manual button in the GUI it still opens the tabs for all the races... but then errors instead of going to the manual.
i guess the tabs are not needed anymore and just a manual button that goes to the new manual would be enough.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: August 08, 2014, 11:50:03 pm »

Ashland glass is still in the game. :)
How do you get it then?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #777 on: August 09, 2014, 06:34:28 am »

Orcs and Warlock produce it in custom buildings.

ruffruff

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: August 09, 2014, 08:52:32 pm »

Hi, I know I'm still playing an outdated version of MDF (v5.10) but I've got quite a thriving fortress and am loath to update. Nevertheless I've got some questions and bug posts that I'm fairly sure hasn't been answered in this thread. (I've read through almost all of 52 pages and not found mention of them.)

My fortress is 9 years old with a population of 150 adult dwarfs (I'm not counting children because they don't do diddly squat), my wealth count is <300k and my fortress leader is a Duke. But so far as yet no sieges. I've called a few raiding parties via the embassy but no naturally occurring organic sieges. I've check before embarking that all races have survived and they have access to my map site. Oh, and no megabeasts either, just a pair of FB that lingered in the un-penetrated caverns and left shortly afterwards. (Small world whose age is 109 years old)

Second, I've played an earlier version of MDF with toolkits expedition points and welded materials still in-game (and was quite vexed not to find them in this game) so I roughly know how most stuff works. I've tried engraving runes into weapons and as far as I'm concerned the reaction takes place but the weapon description doesn't show indication of it. Is this a bug? Has it been fixed already? On the same topic of runes, is it intentional that runes can only be engraved on glass armor? Edit: Need to use armor it seems, not helms, gauntlets etc.

Thirdly, a fair number of items cannot be found when placed into bins, making it an hide and seek game to mark them for dumping and then recover them afterwards. This includes greenware items and research plans. Is there a workaround other than not using bins altogether?

Lastly, making bone helms in the bone workshop (?) creates breastplates instead. That quite started me when locally produced dingo breastplates started appearing in my stockpiles.

Thanks in advance for any replies and help! Cheers!

« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 01:13:02 am by ruffruff »

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: August 09, 2014, 10:55:14 pm »

My testing indicates that slay_mythos's caste-fix works as advertised. I've only used it with making marksmen so far, but if I put them through the conversion and don't run caste-fix, their bow skills move at the same speed as the non-marksmen (-50%). After I run it they quickly outstrip the others. My first trial just hit level 5 and the highest non-marksman is at 2, with the others at 1 still, so it looks like the 100% bonus has kicked in after caste-fix.

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 92