Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 92

Author Topic: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode  (Read 203297 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode
« Reply #690 on: August 03, 2014, 10:14:50 am »

Fish caught in the pond is transferred to the warehouse
Fish bought in the market is transferred to the warehouse
Fish caught in Fishpond not transferred to the warehouse. Can I fix it?
No. But the fishery will accept it, and after it has been made into prepared fish, it will be stockpiled.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Giimer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: August 03, 2014, 10:48:06 am »

Fishery will accept. But then is not transported-lies in the fishery. Transferred only if the cook in the kitchen

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: August 03, 2014, 12:03:17 pm »

Fishery will accept. But then is not transported-lies in the fishery. Transferred only if the cook in the kitchen

You try a stockpile link? And make sure you have room in the stockpile. I am forever forgetting to check and finding out there's just no room at the destination.

SecondBreakfast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: August 03, 2014, 07:33:09 pm »

How long does it take you guys to get sieges? I've had multiple forts get to the five/six year mark with nothing but thieves and snatchers before I get bored and start begging for invasions through the embassy. Even then I only get sent ambushers. Anyone know what gives?

darthbob88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: August 03, 2014, 08:28:34 pm »

I've got a siege of raptor people in year 3, so it's probably just you. Best solution is probably just making and exporting more wealth.

Question of my own: How can I make dwarves in mixed-ranged-weapon squads carry the right ammo? Like, I've got a dwarf with a crossbow who's carrying javelins, and one with a javelin thrower that's got a quiver full of bullets. Can I do anything about this, or should I just standardize on one kind of weapon/ammo for the whole squad?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #695 on: August 03, 2014, 08:52:37 pm »

The glorious answer detailing dwarven AI is: You cant. You need several squads, with one type of ranged weapon each.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

kreepergrimms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: August 03, 2014, 08:58:51 pm »

has anyone else noticed the lack of flavor in the cave system concerning the animals? in my current fort the only animals entering my cave system are pekyts, cave beetles, blobs of varying types, and frogmen/raptormen, i have some cage traps setup so my dwarves will never go hungry again with the 78 caged pekyts sitting in my zoo. lol, but is there a way to change the frequency to add more diversity down there?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #697 on: August 03, 2014, 09:05:58 pm »

First cavern is easy. Did you dig down more?

kreepergrimms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: August 03, 2014, 09:14:30 pm »

ya i have all 3 caverns and breached into the adamantine layer, currently setting up my blue army of full sets of adamantine armor, that is if the veins hold out long enough... i have second and third layer currently blocked off for fps reasons, as i am flooding a z-level up top for underground pastures, in a terrifying biome and the grazers hate the grass since one of the recent updates. 

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: August 03, 2014, 09:50:19 pm »

Hey Meph. I would like to report a bug. When you try to brew a specific drink. Ex: brew Whip Wine instead of brew drink. It will only accept rock pots and not wooden barrels. I do not have any burrows and i definitely have empty barrels but i couldn't brew a specific drink until i decided to craft rock pots.

Also one more thing. What is wood stalk used for?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 09:57:51 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: August 03, 2014, 10:32:04 pm »

The large pots when brewing specific drinks is something that has to do with Toady doing weird stuff to barrels to make them fit more then they should with the default valnilla reactions.

Wood stalk is made into wood for kobolds and orcs. Not sure what building it'd be for dwarves. Try typing "wood stalk" into the manager screen. If no reactions turn up, dwarves can't process it into wood. Pretty sure its brewable though.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

windalu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: August 04, 2014, 05:27:07 am »

Hey Meph. I would like to report a bug. When you try to brew a specific drink. Ex: brew Whip Wine instead of brew drink. It will only accept rock pots and not wooden barrels. I do not have any burrows and i definitely have empty barrels but i couldn't brew a specific drink until i decided to craft rock pots.

Also one more thing. What is wood stalk used for?

brewing specific drinks uses any large pots. Generally, I just do not produce barrels :D.

Wood stalks can be brewed into Stalk whiskey or be made into papyrus (like any other plants). There is no reaction "Brew stalk whiskey" so if you want to make some, just forbid all other brewable plants in the Kitchen menu and use the vanilla Brew drink reaction in the distillery.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: August 04, 2014, 05:08:50 pm »

Another question. I found dragon scales at the archeologist and what i got from google is that I'm supposed to make it into dragon scale armour. Now my question is, wether or not it's worse or better than steel or at least rigid shellplate.

Also, do they have any other uses?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Zuzu Reish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: August 04, 2014, 05:25:08 pm »

Hopefully this is the right place for this: I'm playing with the additional flora/fauna plugin activated, on a badland embark. What are the utility of barrel cacti? I can barrel-process them for water, which seems useful, but will the dwarves actually use that for anything water-related: e.g., pouring it into a bucket to give to a patient / clean a patient /etc.? I can cook the seeds, sure, but I'd rather not be stuck with a bunch of barrels of water (sounds like problem you'd want to have, in a desert).

Any help would be much appreciated!

Elfy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: August 04, 2014, 05:31:23 pm »

I have a problem with effects of joining guilds in 4j and 5.10. Everything seems to work except that after transformation XP gains in relevant jobs are the same (low, -50% in my case). It doesn't happen with naturally occurring guildsdwarves, they have a proper +100%. Tested only for civilian guilds, like Masons, Smiths and Carpenters by observing XP changes in Therapist.

Can anyone confirm this behaviour? I wasted two days doing experiments because... well, I couldn't believe that this whole thing was purely decorative and no one have noticed, but now I reproduced it in freshly generated world on clean right-out-of-archive version of 5.10 and I'm pretty much out of ideas. Please help! I can't stop thinking about it %-)

Also, fun fact which I didn't see mentioned anywhere is that joining guild not only generates new set of physical attributes, but also changes the age. Seems completely random.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 92