Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 92

Author Topic: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode  (Read 203261 times)

Fleeb

• Bay Watcher
  • The Fleebiest
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode
« Reply #660 on: July 24, 2014, 10:44:35 am »

I don't get it. Are plump helmets not distillable? I just started a dwarf fort. I have a distillery, I have like 40 plump helmets in a stockpile right next to it, I have available barrels. Nothing is forbidden. In the kitchen screen plump helmets are set to "brew" and not to "cook" but every time I queue up "brew drink" I get the message that it is cancelled, needs distillable item.

It's winter so my outside water sources froze. Now my fortress is dehydrating to death because they won't brew the plump helmets.

::edit:: yeesh, of course, right after I post this they miraculously start brewing. May be too late to save this fort though. Dumb ass dwarves.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 10:47:59 am by Fleeb »
"If you push something hard enough, it will fall over" -Fudds First Law of Opposition
"If it goes in, it must come out" -Teslicles Deviant to Fudds Law

Innocent Dave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: July 24, 2014, 11:54:16 am »

Large gems? Suppose I need the MDF Gemcutter workshop, the new one.

Large gems are a random by-product of normal gemcutting.  Just keep cutting stuff in the jeweller and they should appear.
Reaching one's life goal shouldn't come with a happy thought.  It should come with a sudden existential crisis.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: July 24, 2014, 12:57:04 pm »

Large gems? Suppose I need the MDF Gemcutter workshop, the new one.

Large gems are a random by-product of normal gemcutting.  Just keep cutting stuff in the jeweller and they should appear.

IIRC you can also make large gems out of 5 small gems in the gemforge, or some other gemworkshop.

Also, my game crashed after my summoned FB (from warpstone pool), some kind of beast made of water with deadly vapors, started fighting. It didn't specify how deadly it is, but I didn't expect dwarffortress.exe to be the first casualty. Does this kind of thing happen often?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: July 24, 2014, 09:10:36 pm »

MWDF 5.10, windows 7, Phoebus

Herbalist Lab Extract Perfume from Orchids produces orchid none [5]

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: July 25, 2014, 05:09:37 pm »

MWDF 5.10, windows 7, Phoebus

Herbalist Lab Extract Perfume from Orchids produces orchid none [5]

Same version, brick oven doesn't use dye to make the painted bricks. Nevermind, it never reads anywhere that it should use it.

Although the Apotechary reaction of Bonesetting learning, which says it needs totems, takes bones instead.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 08:24:22 pm by Tirion »
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

herocrafter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: July 27, 2014, 01:27:33 am »

How do you build the display case decoration?  I've read its in here but that might of been an older version.

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: July 27, 2014, 07:25:29 am »

Ah. The display case. :)

It's in the "furnace" list, available from b>e commands. It's at the very tail end.

Takes a block or some other building structure, and then whatever item you're wanting to display.

For best results, build a display case holding your weird artifacts (the bone left shoe or whatever) and put it in a public area where everyone can see how epic the fort they're living in actually is.

For whatever reason, all dwarves will get a happy thought when they walk past the display stand hosting a legendary stone abacus.

herocrafter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: July 27, 2014, 05:44:44 pm »

Yes.  Thank you very much.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #668 on: July 27, 2014, 06:16:27 pm »

Its probably bolted down so that you could play with it but not actually steal it.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

___MeRliN___

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: July 28, 2014, 04:32:25 am »

So anyone knows where I can find item and creature raws (in particular the IDs to spawn them in)? The testing arena doesnt seem to work for me for whatever reason (crashes on trying to launch it) and I wanted some testing with a few matchups (Adamantine gear dwarves vs strong enemies like Bronze Colossi or Dragons) before that happens to my main fortress. Its just a matter of time till Uristhesam gets attacked by a dragon and I want to be prepared just in case my Adamantine Repeater Crossbowman wont be sufficient enough. Have created a small world for testing purposes.
Signature coming *soon* TM

jacketgun

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: July 28, 2014, 11:44:29 am »

when i create an acid turret it says that a land mine has been created.
not a major bug, but i thought i would post it anyway.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: July 29, 2014, 09:49:20 pm »

I think adding mechanisms to woodcrafter's workshop or stonecrafter's workshop would add an extra level of difficulty to early embark

shaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: July 31, 2014, 08:37:34 pm »

I chose the easy start embark profile, and ended up with what I think are the wrong items. I didn't have any animals, I was missing an anvil, and I had wood/granite/coal that I didn't expect. I also didn't have as much food as I was expecting.

The anvil was available to add, and there were no problems listed in the embark screen.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: July 31, 2014, 09:17:52 pm »

General suggestion: Would it be possible to add some fake "plants" to gather along coastlines? Like bits of coral and seashells that seem to wash up on the shores of ocean biomes, that could then be gathered and processed (but not farmed) into usable materials for crafts? I think it would make coastal forts a little less boring.

If so, I've thought of a list of such "plants":

Conch: rare, provides a single shell

Sand Dollar: common, very fragile, provides 0-1 shells

Bivalve: rare, provides 1-2 shells

Oyster: rare, provides a small amount of oyster meat and 0-1 highly-valued "pearl" rough gems

Urchin: common, provides a small amount of urchin meat, possibly a source of shell and/or pain-poison

Jellyfish: common, provides a small amount of jellyfish meat, possibly a source of pain+paralysis-poison

Kelp: very common, provides a moderate amount of leaves for cooking, possibly have a reaction that makes it into rope similar to intestines

Large Driftwood: very common, provides a low-valued log

Coral: rare, provides 1-2 high-value rough gems

Shark Tooth: rare, provides a tooth for ivory crafts/decoration

It isn't dwarf-specific, but I wasn't sure where to put this, since to my knowledge, there isn't a "general suggestions" thread.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #674 on: August 01, 2014, 03:19:06 am »

The problem with those naturally occuring plants is that they could be farmed in farm plots. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 92