Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 92

Author Topic: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode  (Read 202995 times)

AJC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode
« Reply #270 on: June 18, 2014, 06:58:17 pm »

Are crayfish shells considered proper shells?  I have an entire refuse stockpile full of them, but my craftsdwarves refuse to craft/decorate with them, saying they need shell body parts.

they are different from from shells that can be turned into shellplate so no they are not.

darthbob88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 18, 2014, 09:11:47 pm »

I suspect there's a good reason for it, but I still have to complain about the pottery and the fact that "shape FOO from clay" jobs don't actually make FOOs, which messes up my workflows. Crafts in particular; if I make a workflow constraint to keep ~2000 crafts in the stockpiles, my craftsdwarves and metalbashers will understand and start/stop work as appropriate, but the potters will just chug away making "crafts" until I run out of clay. Even the kiln workers will stop firing the clay "crafts" once my stockpiles get full enough. It gets worse when you factor in the other two steps of the production chain; if I set workflow to keep 40 "crafts" in the stockpile, they'll shape 40 greenware "crafts", and stop. And then start again because somebody's dried those "crafts" into leather-hard and bone-dry "crafts", which don't match the constraint on "crafts" I'd set earlier.
TL;DR-  >:( Pottery >:(

On the other hand, I don't know of a much better way to keep greenware/leather-hard/bone-dry items from actually being used, so looks like I'll have to get used to it.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #272 on: June 18, 2014, 09:16:07 pm »

Dont complain to me, complain to the makers of workflow. Or do it by hand, like a filthy, non-workflow-using peasant.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 18, 2014, 09:35:35 pm »

The toxicologist isn't working for me. It coats ammo just fine, but it's not coating weapons. It uses up the poison (shadowleaf) and takes the weapon, but it isn't poisoned. Mabye it's because I used the Alt-A job editor to choose the weapons?
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #274 on: June 18, 2014, 09:50:24 pm »

No, it should work fine. I havent changed anything on it in ages, and I know that it works...
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 18, 2014, 10:13:19 pm »

It looks like green glass bolts (at least) don't stockpile correctly.  No burrows,  all ammo options are enabled on the stockpile (including bolt and metal/green glass).  Bolts are not in bins or anything.  I could dump them just fine.  I haven't tried arrows/javelins or other versions of glass.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #276 on: June 18, 2014, 10:14:22 pm »

I know. But it cant be fixed. Glass doesnt have the ITEMS_AMMO tag, and the material glass is hardcoded. Cant do much about it, except using a glass-copy with the appropriate tag.

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 18, 2014, 10:19:52 pm »

OK, I can just setup a glassforge just for ammo where I would want to stockpile it then.

darthbob88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 18, 2014, 11:35:25 pm »

Dont complain to me, complain to the makers of workflow. Or do it by hand, like a filthy, non-workflow-using peasant.
I have other complaints for them, but the fact that the reaction DWARF_MAKE_FIRECLAY_CRAFTS creates TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_CRAFTS_FAKE:INORGANIC:GREENWARE_FIRECLAY rather than the obviously sensible CRAFTS:NONE:INORGANIC:GREENWARE_FIRECLAY is entirely a problem with Masterwork.

And yeah, I was going to do it more or less by hand. On the other hand, glass is easier to automate, slightly easier to make, and almost as valuable as pottery. On the gripping hand, it looks like my problem is just with the workflow GUI. If I use the command line to order it to maintain a stock of TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_CRAFTS_FAKE, it appears to cooperate.

ETA: VV Figured as much. VV
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 12:22:11 am by darthbob88 »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #279 on: June 19, 2014, 12:04:27 am »

All of the items are a _FAKE tool version. Its to make them unuseable.

classon81

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 19, 2014, 06:49:30 am »

Really? No one knows where the wizards school initial research is to be found in 5.06?  ???
I do. It has been (accidently) moved to the removed_stuff.txt outside of the release. I did clean up the old research reactions for things that dont need them anymore, must have deleted that one as well by accident. I will add it back next update.

you can open the building_furnace_masterwork.txt file in your save and delete the extra buildmat to get it to work without research if you want.

Aha.. Suspected something like that ;) Ok.. thanks!

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 19, 2014, 08:20:45 am »

I updated to 5.07 today and started a new game (fortress mode, dwarfs). I have an ore processor and quite a lot of unprocessed galena and malachite. They are on a stockpile next to the processor (not all of them, though). I have plenty of masons without jobs. But no one will pick up the processing job. I checked for accidental stockpile settings, rebuild the processor. Does not work. Am I doing something wrong here?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #282 on: June 19, 2014, 08:23:32 am »

I updated to 5.07 today and started a new game (fortress mode, dwarfs). I have an ore processor and quite a lot of unprocessed galena and malachite. They are on a stockpile next to the processor (not all of them, though). I have plenty of masons without jobs. But no one will pick up the processing job. I checked for accidental stockpile settings, rebuild the processor. Does not work. Am I doing something wrong here?
Most likely, because I processed both of these today, with 5.07. in my testfort. Sure you got the right labor active? Because your masons have nothing to do with it, its Machine Operating.

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 19, 2014, 08:30:17 am »

Thanks! Works with machine operating. I often use the link in the manual, pointing to the reactions, where it says:

[SKILL:MASONRY]

Machine operating makes sense, though.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 19, 2014, 08:58:07 am »

Most of those raws and reactions are out of date. Hopefully Meph will update them when he does the manual.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 92