Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 92

Author Topic: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode  (Read 202986 times)

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode
« Reply #255 on: June 18, 2014, 08:56:45 am »

Raws:
Code: [Select]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:dark matter caster]
[SYN_CLASS:DFHACK_ITEM_SYNDROME]
[SYN_CLASS:DFHACK_WIELDED_ONLY]
[CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:START:0]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Slade Shot]
[CDI:INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK]
[CDI:MATERIAL:INORGANIC:SLADE:SOLID_GLOB]
[CDI:TARGET:C:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:5]
[CDI:VERB:launch a burst of slade from the dark matter caster:launches a burst of slade from the dark matter caster:NA]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:1]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:150]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:adjustable dark matter turret]
[SYN_CLASS:DFHACK_ITEM_SYNDROME]
[SYN_CLASS:DFHACK_ARMOR_ONLY]
[CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:START:0]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Slade Shot]
[CDI:INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK]
[CDI:MATERIAL:INORGANIC:SLADE:SOLID_GLOB]
[CDI:TARGET:C:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:5]
[CDI:VERB:launch a ball of slade:launches a ball of slade:NA]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:1]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:150]
I think it's the bottom one
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 18, 2014, 10:21:13 am »

It works! So far hasn't done much, but it knocked a rabbit clean across the river, probably would have gone farther, but it hit the map edge.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 18, 2014, 12:29:23 pm »

Where do you make papyrus?

Mithril Leaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 18, 2014, 12:40:02 pm »

Where do you make papyrus?
Thatchery, I believe it's H or T in the workshop menu.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 18, 2014, 12:47:05 pm »

5.07, ASCII tileset, Linux version:

Just like when I played a Gnome fortress, my Dwarves are opening crates multiple times in the Trade Storehouse.  Open a crate of iron bars, get 10 iron bars, then open the same crate again, get another 10 iron bars, etc.

To be precise, I have the following crates which were opened twice and are still not consumed:

box of library supplies
crate of iron bars(10)
crate of medical supplies
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #260 on: June 18, 2014, 01:03:05 pm »

Just like when I played a Gnome fortress, my Dwarves are opening crates multiple times in the Trade Storehouse.  Open a crate of iron bars, get 10 iron bars, then open the same crate again, get another 10 iron bars, etc.

To be precise, I have the following crates which were opened twice and are still not consumed:

box of library supplies
crate of iron bars(10)
Yes, thats a known linux bug and cant be fixed. If you change the raws to fix it, it would break on windows. If its fixed on windows, it breaks on linux.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

classon81

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 18, 2014, 02:13:43 pm »

Really? No one knows where the wizards school initial research is to be found in 5.06?  ???

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #262 on: June 18, 2014, 02:53:15 pm »

Really? No one knows where the wizards school initial research is to be found in 5.06?  ???
I do. It has been (accidently) moved to the removed_stuff.txt outside of the release. I did clean up the old research reactions for things that dont need them anymore, must have deleted that one as well by accident. I will add it back next update.

you can open the building_furnace_masterwork.txt file in your save and delete the extra buildmat to get it to work without research if you want.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 18, 2014, 02:55:02 pm »

box of library supplies
crate of iron bars(10)
Yes, thats a known linux bug and cant be fixed. If you change the raws to fix it, it would break on windows. If its fixed on windows, it breaks on linux.

Huh?  :o  But it was allegedly fixed for the Gnomes (though I haven't played a Gnome fortress to test it since then).  The reactions for Gnomes look like this now:
[REACTION:CRATE_GEOLOGY_GNOME]
        [NAME:Open crate of geological analysis tools]

[BUILDING:STORAGE:NONE]
        [REAGENT:A:150:BAR:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:GEOLOGY_CRATE_GNOME:SOAP][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]

And the reactions for Dwarves:
[REACTION:CRATE_ZINC]
        [NAME:Open crate of zinc bars]
        [BUILDING:STORAGE:NONE]
        [REAGENT:A:1:BAR:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:ZINC_CRATE:SOAP][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]

So, either (A) one of these is wrong for everyone, or (B) one is wrong on Windows and the other is wrong on Linux.  It should be simple enough to test whether (B) is indeed the case, by running a Gnome fortress on Windows and seeing whether the crates work.  If you give me some time, I can try a Gnome fortress on Linux to see whether they work, but I don't have one in 5.07 right this second.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #264 on: June 18, 2014, 03:01:43 pm »

*sigh. One of the github fixes must have been the change from 150:BAR to 1:BAR, and I didnt notice.

On windows it must look like this: 150:BAR
On linux it must look like this: 1:BAR

Dont ask me why this is, but you would need to change the raws for the linux version. And I have to fix that stuff for the crates again, for all races/crates.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 18, 2014, 03:55:14 pm »

*sigh. One of the github fixes must have been the change from 150:BAR to 1:BAR, and I didnt notice.

On windows it must look like this: 150:BAR
On linux it must look like this: 1:BAR

Dont ask me why this is, but you would need to change the raws for the linux version. And I have to fix that stuff for the crates again, for all races/crates.

Respectfully, I think you're confused.  It should be 150:BAR on both operating systems.

I just tested 2 crates in a throwaway Gnome fortress in 5.07 on Linux, and they worked.  So 150:BAR is correct.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #266 on: June 18, 2014, 04:34:07 pm »

What is an adjustable dark matter turret?

I got one from an armosmith mood:

This is a orichalcum adjustable dark matter turret.  All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.  It is encrusted with oval green jade cabochons and encircled with bands of orichalcum. 

Some thing that looks amazing in real life. If my knowledge of scifi shit is right and if the person who made the mod is thinking the same way, Anti-matter turret fire streams of mini anti-dwarfs. Tall creatures that hate booze and are peaceful vegetarians who also love goblins and treat their children nicely..
Anti matter and dark matter are actually entirely different. In fact, it doesn't seem likely that shooting dark matter would do any more than shooting normal matter.
Especially since dark matter doesn't interact with normal matter in any way except via weak and gravitational interactions: in other words, it's almost completely transparent to light and if it hits something, it would just pass through.

In addition to non-baryonic dark matter such as neutrinos or WIMPS (the Weakly Interacting Massive Particles to which you are referring), there is also hypothesized to be baryonic dark matter; highly dense, non-luminous objects or MACHOS (Massive Astrophysical Compact Halo Objects) such as the material that makes up a brown or black dwarf star.

Slade, a black, non-luminous material with density approaching that of the core of a star and apparently common enough to compose the interior of entire planets, would be a likely candidate for baryonic dark matter if it existed.  It is this kind of dark matter that the dark matter caster produces by running an electrical current through a Bone of Armok gem (i.e., magic).

I am not making up the part about WIMPS and MACHOS, by the way.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #267 on: June 18, 2014, 04:39:31 pm »

greycat: See this:

If the bug is still the same as it was with version 2.x, this is a difference between the Linux and Windows versions of DF. On Windows if a reaction doesn't require a full bar, it will still use up the entire bar. But in Linux, it will use the correct quantity and leave an incomplete bar behind. Slag from vanilla smelter reactions had the exact same problem.

It is simply fixed by multiplying all the crate quantities by 150 in the raws.
I cant test linux, but this is what has been reported to me.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 18, 2014, 06:20:42 pm »

If the bug is still the same as it was with version 2.x, this is a difference between the Linux and Windows versions of DF. On Windows if a reaction doesn't require a full bar, it will still use up the entire bar. But in Linux, it will use the correct quantity and leave an incomplete bar behind. Slag from vanilla smelter reactions had the exact same problem.

It is simply fixed by multiplying all the crate quantities by 150 in the raws.

So, it should be 150:BAR instead of 1:BAR.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #269 on: June 18, 2014, 06:21:54 pm »

Yes. 150:BAR is one bar. Like 10000 is one cloth.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 92