Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 92

Author Topic: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode  (Read 203210 times)

Unspec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode
« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2014, 07:34:06 am »

they should be all-biomes except cold ones.

Only have tree stalks and ironbark saplings, no tree saplings option anywhere.

Buel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2014, 10:30:54 am »

Everytime I try to make a large world and generate it with a short history my game will start the history and then crash, is this a bug or just only effecting me?

Innocent Dave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2014, 10:49:44 am »

Using any of the default presets tends to lead to crashes.  The named presets are far more reliable with MDF.
Reaching one's life goal shouldn't come with a happy thought.  It should come with a sudden existential crisis.

ToastStorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2014, 10:52:15 am »

Everytime I try to make a large world and generate it with a short history my game will start the history and then crash, is this a bug or just only effecting me?

It does happen from time to time with me as well, I usually set my history length to around 50-100, but thats also my preference for a more mega beast filled world, maybe try a medium sized one on advanced generation if you want a slightly longer history (short is still decent length of time).

As for me, I have a question, I was playing around with some features I haven't used in a while and the weapons and armor of the Rockforge seem to be rather light (a stone breastplate is over 3 times lighter than a bronze one), which seems a bit odd?

sanescientist

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 03, 2014, 01:20:59 pm »

I've been trying to train an Ironclad Cragtooth Boar and an animated spear for war or hunting but nether options are available to me. I've assigned an animal trainer to them and put them in an animal training zone. I'm not sure if the problem is in Masterwork or DF itself.

Netr0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2014, 10:50:20 pm »

Ok got a question. I've bought a web turret from the dwarven traders and placed it in my tower which is 1z level above the ground of my entrence. When invaders attack I see the web shooting but the webs all appear on the level of the turret and not on the targets. Is it working and hitting the targets on the ground? Or can it only fire webs on the same level?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 04, 2014, 02:28:02 am »

Ok got a question. I've bought a web turret from the dwarven traders and placed it in my tower which is 1z level above the ground of my entrence. When invaders attack I see the web shooting but the webs all appear on the level of the turret and not on the targets. Is it working and hitting the targets on the ground? Or can it only fire webs on the same level?

After some arena mode testing, it looks like webs only work on the same level as the user, even if they are aiming at a different level.

The webs also have a habit of getting stuck in the air, it seems.

Netr0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 04, 2014, 10:19:28 am »

Ah k thanks BlackFlyme

Toasting

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 04, 2014, 04:02:21 pm »

When using the Weaponry to upgrade steel longswords (the only weapon ive tried this with), it gives me a random steel weapon back rather than an improved steel longsword

EDIT: this is in 5.01

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 04, 2014, 04:38:59 pm »

can someone guide me through the steps of making a magmaling?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #85 on: June 04, 2014, 04:43:15 pm »

When using the Weaponry to upgrade steel longswords (the only weapon ive tried this with), it gives me a random steel weapon back rather than an improved steel longsword

EDIT: this is in 5.01
open item_weapon_melee_upgrades and change the first line OBJECT:ITEMS to OBJECT:ITEM. My bad. Thanks for the report, next version will have it fixed.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

MightyPaladin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 04, 2014, 05:19:58 pm »

5.03 straight out of the box.  changed the tileset and added invasion races using the GUI

Caravans were empty.  they brought nothing except the meat on the cattle and the clothes on their back.  Went until the second dwarf caravan to see if ordering stuff from the diplomat helped.  it didn't.

Making a new world to see if it repeats.

in times of peace nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blasts of war ring in your ears, then imitate the actions of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #87 on: June 04, 2014, 05:24:19 pm »

5.03 straight out of the box.  changed the tileset and added invasion races using the GUI

Caravans were empty.  they brought nothing except the meat on the cattle and the clothes on their back.  Went until the second dwarf caravan to see if ordering stuff from the diplomat helped.  it didn't.

Making a new world to see if it repeats.
It probably will. Interesting. I did not anticipate this.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

MightyPaladin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 04, 2014, 06:52:18 pm »

it did in fact repeat, and I see a fix has been uploaded in the meantime.  Good, fast work.  Thanks  :D
in times of peace nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blasts of war ring in your ears, then imitate the actions of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #89 on: June 04, 2014, 07:00:32 pm »

empty caravans make the game pretty unplayable, so a fix was needed. I hope everything is working as intended now. I did spawn a few caravans, the wagons are full of items.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 92