Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 92

Author Topic: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode  (Read 202932 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode
« Reply #390 on: June 28, 2014, 03:32:14 am »

yes
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: June 28, 2014, 07:16:52 am »

Noob question: under which stockpile section are the souls?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #392 on: June 28, 2014, 07:47:09 am »

None, souls cannot be stockpiled.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

knaveightt

• Bay Watcher
  • "Safe Gambler"
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: June 28, 2014, 09:11:01 am »

Hola,

I'm running 5.09 on my linux distro, and everything seems to be fine, which is fantastic.

However, i noticed today starting up my fortress, dfhack has a lot of lines about civs such as:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And a whole slew of others, for pretty much the bulk of civilizations available. Is this... bad?  :o Like, is it game breaking, or something that's not really too much of an issue.

Mithril Leaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 28, 2014, 09:26:18 am »

None, souls cannot be stockpiled.

Withered ones go into the refuse pile, which can be useful for prioritization.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: June 28, 2014, 09:30:27 am »

However, i noticed today starting up my fortress, dfhack has a lot of lines about civs such as:

And a whole slew of others, for pretty much the bulk of civilizations available. Is this... bad?  :o Like, is it game breaking, or something that's not really too much of an issue.

I get those too.  I guess I should have reported them at some point, but they didn't seem to be causing any obvious problems.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Mithril Leaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 28, 2014, 09:40:37 am »

I get those too.  I guess I should have reported them at some point, but they didn't seem to be causing any obvious problems.

I thought they were just errors because the civs already have those pets naturally and it was trying to add them manually because they are the guaranteed pets of that civ. Or something along those lines.

knaveightt

• Bay Watcher
  • "Safe Gambler"
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: June 28, 2014, 10:09:31 am »

I thought they were just errors because the civs already have those pets naturally and it was trying to add them manually because they are the guaranteed pets of that civ. Or something along those lines.

That makes sense to me. I'm not even sure I've seen those messages when I first started this fortress. Doesn't seem to be anything to cause worry

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #398 on: June 28, 2014, 10:42:16 am »

Its harmless. its just that they get added as pets, and again added as pull animals.

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: June 29, 2014, 11:14:23 pm »

Hmm...  In my latest embark I couldn't plant ironbark or steeloak.  There was some growing wild at the site, so it shouldn't be a biome issue (tropical swamp/forest).  My civilization was lacking in stuff (I'm guessing it is almost dead), does that drive what I can plant?  I had to buy the acorns from the elves.  Would harvesting the local flora help?

Rimbinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: June 30, 2014, 04:56:44 am »

Hmm...  In my latest embark I couldn't plant ironbark or steeloak.  There was some growing wild at the site, so it shouldn't be a biome issue (tropical swamp/forest).  My civilization was lacking in stuff (I'm guessing it is almost dead), does that drive what I can plant?  I had to buy the acorns from the elves.  Would harvesting the local flora help?

Your civilization shouldn't affect the ability to farm trees provided that you have seeds (I assume you are using farms for that). So no need to harvest local flora just make sure your farm has sunlight since ironbark and steeloak cant grow in bellow ground. If still nothing I assume it's a bug ?

Vabalokis

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McKneeGrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: June 30, 2014, 06:02:22 am »

how to use embark command in dfhack?

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: June 30, 2014, 06:12:21 am »

Your civilization shouldn't affect the ability to farm trees provided that you have seeds (I assume you are using farms for that). So no need to harvest local flora just make sure your farm has sunlight since ironbark and steeloak cant grow in bellow ground. If still nothing I assume it's a bug ?

There is a vanilla bug that makes seeds unplantable until you have also acquired an adult plant of the same species (or possibly a product made from such a plant).  I'm not sure how this affects the Masterwork tree-sapling-plants.

Ah, here it is: bug #4549.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 30, 2014, 11:53:28 am »

There is a vanilla bug that makes seeds unplantable until you have also acquired an adult plant of the same species (or possibly a product made from such a plant).  I'm not sure how this affects the Masterwork tree-sapling-plants.

Ah, here it is: bug #4549.

Solution to bug: Use hackwish to spawn ironbark/steeloak saplings. Then dump them in a river/magma.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: June 30, 2014, 12:00:31 pm »

There were some growing, luckily I was able to get both a steeloak and ironbark version.  So that works.  Thanks.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 92