Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 92

Author Topic: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode  (Read 202914 times)

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode
« Reply #375 on: June 26, 2014, 10:54:52 am »

Nah, that's normal. Diplomats, migrants and caravans CAN come and leave through caverns, but they're hardcoded to only enter through the surface even if they could technically enter through the caverns.
Is there a way to force them to come through the caverns?
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #376 on: June 26, 2014, 11:23:02 am »

No.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 26, 2014, 11:40:26 am »

Comments v5.07 (still up to date, i believe)

I experimented a bit with pottery. I like the system, hate to use it. Here is why:

Let us say i want to 30 clay pots (barrels). Now I need to:
  • Collect 38 clay
  • Shape 38 clay pots. About 36 will succeed.
  • Dry 36 clay pots. 34 Jobs will succeed
  • Dry 34 clay pots again. 32 Jobs will succeed
  • Fire 32 clay pots. 30 jobs will succeed.

That is 178 jobs. 188 if you account for the coal (10 wood turn into 30 coal).

If I would just take 30 pieces of wood, I would get 30 barrels with 60 jobs. (30x wood cutting, 30x carpentry), about thrice as efficient.
If I would cut 8 trees, cut them into 32 planks, I would get the same result (although lower quality) with 46 jobs, and still have 2 planks left, more than four times as efficient.

I get it that pottery is a bit more material-efficient, but I have currently five dwarfs that are doing pottery, and they can not keep up with one carpenter.

I would suggest to remove one of the dry processes and maybe make the drying process into a batch job. Is it possible to adjust the job time?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #378 on: June 26, 2014, 11:49:41 am »

mglarev, good math/science.

I want to change it, and will. Just have a look at the kobolds in the current version, they have the simplified version. No bone-dry and leather-hard. Its just:

Shape clay into item (95%) (this item is greenware and can directly be used if you want)
Burn greenware into stone/earthware/porcelain (costs fuel, raises the value)

Thats it. No more drying reactions with fake items.

PS: Job time depends on worker skill, OR is instantly. No other options.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 26, 2014, 11:59:24 am »

Sounds perfect, thanks!

Rimbinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 26, 2014, 03:53:05 pm »

Where did the volcanic forge go ? Can't find it anywhere... research is disabled but still no any magma workshops appear in the menu. Where all of them removed :(?

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 26, 2014, 03:56:29 pm »

Where did the volcanic forge go ? Can't find it anywhere... research is disabled but still no any magma workshops appear in the menu. Where all of them removed :(?

Magma workshops don't appear in the furnace/workshop menus until you actually find some magma on the map.  At least in vanilla, that's how it is.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 26, 2014, 07:48:17 pm »

am I missing something or in v5.09 there's no longer the option to have simple foods? I mean having the 3 types of meals like in vanilla, roasts being the lavish ones, instead of having cakes, pastries, pancakes, etc...??

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #383 on: June 26, 2014, 11:32:22 pm »

am I missing something or in v5.09 there's no longer the option to have simple foods? I mean having the 3 types of meals like in vanilla, roasts being the lavish ones, instead of having cakes, pastries, pancakes, etc...??
Correct. Removing/Adding items messes up the new item graphics (because they go by order in the raws), so I no longer have a food option in the GUI. Instead I opted for a in-between solution: Its not 3 like vanilla, and not 80 like MDF before... but 15. 5 simple, 5 fine, 5 lavish meals. Hope thats ok.

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 27, 2014, 09:04:41 am »

Correct. Removing/Adding items messes up the new item graphics (because they go by order in the raws), so I no longer have a food option in the GUI. Instead I opted for a in-between solution: Its not 3 like vanilla, and not 80 like MDF before... but 15. 5 simple, 5 fine, 5 lavish meals. Hope thats ok.
oh well, I guess is a good compromise. The only reason I prefered the "simple meals" option over the flavour names was because I'd mass produce lavish meals for trade, and it's easier to just look for "roast" in the screen of what to bring to the depot...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #385 on: June 27, 2014, 09:05:47 am »

If its important to you, just open item_food and delete the extra entries. It shouldnt do any harm.

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 27, 2014, 06:25:54 pm »

How does collecting souls via the altar work?  Does the 15 tile radius go through walls and up/down Z levels?  Does there need to be a path, does it matter how long that path is?  Do burrows matter at all?  Does it only work on sentients (since you can get souls from animals via butchering)?  If I wanted to figure this out myself, how would I find out (there doesn't seem to be a reaction in the raws for it, I assume because it is dfhack wizardry)?

I'm trying to setup my religious area and want to make sure that the soul harvesting works with it. 

Rubicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 27, 2014, 11:00:36 pm »

Anyone else having issues with lack of migrant waves in the latest version?  Something weird going on for me; because dwarves have not died out, but I am getting no migrants in current fort. Have traded successfully with dwarf caravan. Also tried the "invite migrant wave" reaction at the embassy, twice. So far, just a waste of gold -_- .

I also tried paying a dwarven caravan guard to join, it didn't seem to work. Is there a particular time during the caravan visit that you have to run it?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #388 on: June 28, 2014, 12:33:38 am »

Anyone else having issues with lack of migrant waves in the latest version?  Something weird going on for me; because dwarves have not died out, but I am getting no migrants in current fort. Have traded successfully with dwarf caravan. Also tried the "invite migrant wave" reaction at the embassy, twice. So far, just a waste of gold -_- .

I also tried paying a dwarven caravan guard to join, it didn't seem to work. Is there a particular time during the caravan visit that you have to run it?
Check Legends to see how your civ is doing. if force caravan MOUNTAIN doesnt help, you have no civ.

The embassy has to be close to the caravan guard, the worker needs to see him.

How does collecting souls via the altar work?  Does the 15 tile radius go through walls and up/down Z levels?  Does there need to be a path, does it matter how long that path is?  Do burrows matter at all?  Does it only work on sentients (since you can get souls from animals via butchering)?  If I wanted to figure this out myself, how would I find out (there doesn't seem to be a reaction in the raws for it, I assume because it is dfhack wizardry)?

I'm trying to setup my religious area and want to make sure that the soul harvesting works with it. 
its line of sight of the worker. burrows dont matter. works on all resurrectable corpses. and yes, its dfhack.

Rubicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 28, 2014, 02:47:48 am »

Check Legends to see how your civ is doing. if force caravan MOUNTAIN doesnt help, you have no civ.

The embassy has to be close to the caravan guard, the worker needs to see him.

Yup, force caravan MOUNTAIN works fine, and civ is around.

Also, is the gnome caravan supposed to regularly come? It showed up the last two winters on its own. I haven't 'called' it using the embassy.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 92