Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 92

Author Topic: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode  (Read 203031 times)

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode
« Reply #210 on: June 14, 2014, 05:51:19 pm »

Stop world gen at year 399.

But seriously, DF's world gen often crashes on "long" gens, probably related to capping out on the amount of memory it can handle (not necessarily the total ram of your system). And since masterwork adds more stuff, it would not surprise me if the long gens you might prefer in vanilla aren't possible in a masterwork gen.

That said, I'd guess all races/secrets/etc are functionality identical as far as what world gen does/can do with them, so a highly populated world with lots of different races might not be all that different from a vanilla world with just lots and lots civs of the few vanilla races.

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 14, 2014, 09:14:19 pm »

OK, first try with MDF pottery.  It is really annoying.  It seems to require way too much micromanagement.  I'm playing with trying to get it setup in a way that is usable...

Is there any way to do any kind of fire and forget setup?  If I set the potter to just create blocks from kaolinite on repeat, no drying jobs are created (even after I stop the repeat).  Is there a way to start drying jobs manually?  It looks like creating a second potter created the drying jobs, am I going to need two then?  Setting up 3 looks to get messed up, since the drying jobs show up on both (much the way having multiple researchers doesn't really work).  With 2 getting a constant flow is going to be a huge pain, since the drying step takes twice as long as the firing or molding steps.  Can I get around that by using 3 and setting the drying jobs to repeat once they show up?  Possibly, but now I need 3 dedicated potters and an over operator just to get some clay.  And I'll still have to keep an eye on it since I can't setup workflow to unsuspend jobs, since each step is producing "brick of some material" (even when I specify the inputs).

At this point I'm either not understanding something or need to turn the pottery workshop off and go back to clay ovening it (I assume that the reactions go back to the clay oven with the pottery workshop off).

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #212 on: June 14, 2014, 09:21:32 pm »

I am aware of the issue. I reduced the process to two steps in my dev version for kobolds. "pottery => shape clay item", "clay oven => burn clay item". So you collect clay, shape it into a unuseable item, burn it, done. No drying at all. DF unfortunately doesnt allow any form of timer, to change the item after a while automatically...

Either I remove the drying from all races, or I find a way with scripts. But it seems excessive to use dfhack for something that simple.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 14, 2014, 09:48:19 pm »

What is required to get workflow to identify outputs?  There are several places where it would be handy for workflow to be able to be more specific.  I know you can commonly get more specific by using Ctrl-A to control the inputs (whatever plugin that is), but that doesn't always work (and in some cases the lists for Ctrl-A is messed up, specifically for leathers).  For pottery it would be more workable if you could setup a workflow and just always have a few green or leather-hard things around.

That would also be nice for things like the gem workshop. I tend to use gem jugs as trade goods, but once I start getting any scribing going that gets messed up (though I can get around it by only producing jugs of one gem).  Gem doesn't appear to work properly in workflow, though specific gems do, and the gem workshop produces rock goods as far as it knows.

I realize you might not want to get into the situation of having to code around the expectations of how other plugins react to your changes...

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 14, 2014, 09:59:51 pm »

one thing about the pottery. Alot of the issues i used to have with it, were the dorfs taking the unready product to a stockpile, halfway across the fort. Only to bring it back to dry. Solution, turn off Greenware, Leather-hard, and Bone Dry items in ALL furniture, and Finished goods stockpiles. I know it is not hte best of solutions, but its a start.

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 15, 2014, 02:15:54 am »

found  bug. Using the Magma Blast Furnace, melting batches of weapons. I was using a feeder stockpile to mass melt bronze knuckledusters. Results in a stack of bronze bars and a pile of blank bars. Literally, the item just says "bars". Nothing else. If it is supposed to be slag bars, not sure what went wrong, because my normal smelter is making slag properly. And my metalurgist is making massive slag bars properly.

Using 5.0.6

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #216 on: June 15, 2014, 02:20:12 am »

found  bug. Using the Magma Blast Furnace, melting batches of weapons. I was using a feeder stockpile to mass melt bronze knuckledusters. Results in a stack of bronze bars and a pile of blank bars. Literally, the item just says "bars". Nothing else. If it is supposed to be slag bars, not sure what went wrong, because my normal smelter is making slag properly. And my metalurgist is making massive slag bars properly.

Using 5.0.6
Thanks for the report. The reaction had only 9 reagents, but 10 products. the  [REAGENT:a:1:WEAPON:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:NONE] was missing, and the product that was looking for reagent:a couldnt find any material, so it made a blank bar.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 15, 2014, 07:26:13 am »

I have a problem to report. It isn't really a bug, but it was gamebreaking for me.

With my second migrant wave, a Schizofrenic child arrived.
At first, it wasn't really a problem, but on a certain moment, the Child punched a dwarf, ran away, and ran around the entrance of my fort. When i checked with the "v" tool, the child didn't seem to be part of my fort anymore, but I saw what i would expect when i hover over a wild animal. After that the kid got Hungry (I could still see the arrow) and tried to enter my fort, but he was scared and repeatedly ran away and came back, like certain animals would do, and my dwarfs also ran from him. Because of that, my dwarf started to spam job cancellations, " interrupted by Dwarf child". Because the kid was obstructing progress i sended my one man squad at him, and the axedwarf killed the child, although in the combat logs he still recognized the child as his "Bearded Brother", in other words, like sombody of the fort. After the short battle the Axedwarf tried to re-enter the fort to probably do his job.
But now my hunter started shooting him, and my other dwarfs ran away from him. Totally confused,
I let him slaugther 14 of my 16 dwarves before i taught of deactivating his squad, and then he changed back into a lumberjack and stopped attacking everybody. The soldier was injured by the Hunter, so now he fell on the floor and remained there. My remaining 2 dwarves then tried to "recover wounded" and they approched him to bring him to the hospital, but they cancelled the job, when they were interrupted by the very dwarf they were trying to save. I checked the status screen of the axedwarf, and he was at the same time, the military commander, the enemy and the FORMER Military commander of his squad. He was also, again, at the same time, a member of my civilization, and enemy of the civ and a Former member. 
Can someone please explain what possibly could have happend here?

Koggenmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 15, 2014, 08:34:30 am »

Isn't the steel rune covering for armor supposed to remove the fear from civilians?
Unfortunately this doesn't work for my siege operators, each wearing a steel mail shirt with steel rune covering :(
Do I need to make something special to activate the effect?

Innocent Dave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 15, 2014, 09:30:38 am »

You've had a loyalty cascade!
Reaching one's life goal shouldn't come with a happy thought.  It should come with a sudden existential crisis.

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 15, 2014, 10:21:50 am »

But why did the shizofrenic suddenly change into a weird dwarf?

Aristion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 15, 2014, 11:20:28 am »

But why did the shizofrenic suddenly change into a weird dwarf?

Read the disease sectuion of the manual for an explanation of the disease add-on mod for MWDF.
I kept imagining this guy go "By Armok, not the dead roaches! Oh gods the hamsters oh the dwarfmanity!"
Devotes several hours a day making vampires an endangered species.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 15, 2014, 11:42:32 pm »

How do I make Ink?  I see make graphite from ash job marked in the craftsdwarf shop, but it's never done.  I have everything else I need for library supplies but this.

I even have glue.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 16, 2014, 12:41:45 am »

Closing a help topic without me noticing >:(

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #224 on: June 16, 2014, 01:52:03 am »

Closing a help topic without me noticing >:(
What?

How do I make Ink?  I see make graphite from ash job marked in the craftsdwarf shop, but it's never done.  I have everything else I need for library supplies but this.

I even have glue.
Ink in the scriptorium, you have 4 different options. Needs jugs.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 92