Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which races do you play? 5 votes, please vote for each race once. A lot, a little or not at all.

Dwarves - a lot
Dwarves - a little
Dwarves - Never tried them
Gnomes - a lot
Gnomes - a little
Gnomes - Never tried them
Warlocks - a lot
Warlocks - a little
Warlocks - Never tried them
Orcs - a lot
Orcs - a little
Orcs - Never tried them
Kobolds - a lot
Kobolds - a little
Kobolds - Never tried them

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Poll - Which race(s) do you play?  (Read 4170 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Poll - Which race(s) do you play?
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2014, 05:41:35 am »

And it fits well. When you started talking about the nature-loving side of gnomes first, I was sceptical, but I tried it out and it is pretty neat. I never got to the more complex machinery before dying though, so the animal-taming and talking was the biggest new addition that I have seen ingame.

I almost feel like you could add this to elves and have one of their major parts instantly done. Obviously in a greater scale, but same techniques.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2014, 06:44:33 am »

To an extent.  But I think elves should be more tree focused.  I played around with an interaction once that would surround a target in trees to trap them or create a wall of trees for defense, but with the next version having a completely different tree system I didn't want to work too hard on it.  I wonder what will be possible once we start hacking the next version...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2014, 07:17:51 am »

No idea ^^

Insta-growing giant trees with some kind of rope-ladders in between, for awesome ambushes of sneaky elves with bows in the treetops. That would be really neat.

Leaf-based clothing.

Treants/Ents. Living trees, maybe AoE spell that turns all nearby trees into units. Or a chance that any tree might turn into a treant/ent when an enemy steps near it, depending on your magic/druidism rating.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2014, 07:33:51 am »

I love Orcs and Dwarves, with Warlocks and Kobolds coming in second. Gnomes are just too... complex. I can't make sense of their machinery and animal system.
Pages: 1 2 [3]