Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33

Author Topic: Mission 15: Arctic Expedition: I. HEAR. A. SOUND.  (Read 64370 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 15: Arctic Expedition: I. HEAR. A. SOUND.
« Reply #465 on: August 05, 2014, 12:29:27 pm »

"Oh come now! I didn't see what happened down there, but I rather doubt you can take much of the blame."
Jobasio snorts at Mesk's apprehension, then offers him a sympathetic clap on the shoulder.
"From what I hear it was the fault of some of that horribly unsafe space-magic we are still, for whatever reason, using. Did anyone have any idea just what that... creature was capable of? Unless it came with an instruction manual when it crawled out of whatever foul hell it came from, you can hardly be blamed for not knowing what would happen. And when it did happen, you acted quickly, preventing our losses from being far worse."

He pauses, peering grimly out at the icy wastes surrounding them for a moment before continuing, more seriously,
"Of course... remember, all this is being recorded, Doctor Vraite. I'd take care before saying anything too damning in the eyes of, well, Steve. Unless you're quite sure you feel like staying here," he waves a hand in a vague gesture at the scenery, "In what I am rather convinced is the precise, geographical middle of nowhere."

He wasn't about to speak his true feelings about the whole rebellion, as since he'd just pointed out they were being recorded.
Still, he gives Mesk a level look and rambles on some more. "I'm... pretty sure they have their claws in you still, anyway, unless you've lost your shock implant somewhere along the way. I doubt you'd you punished too harshly, if at all, if you do return- you're a veteran, after all, and from what I've seen rather skilled at what you do. Got any more pain meds, by the way? Why, on my first mission I and another fellow made a horrible bungle of stealing a ship to escape the whole mess, almost got both of ourselves and another ally killed, and received hardly even a slap on the wrist, unless you count the broken spine and that was self-inflicted. And that was after we'd slaughtered a good chunk of the civilian population on whatever godsforsaken rock we happened to be on! We got off lightly, I tell you."

Ramble on at Mesk after he turns the radio off. And then ask him for some more pain medication in case my current dose wears off.

Try to be comforting.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: August 06, 2014, 12:48:14 am »

"I'm with Jobasio, Mesk, I was there when it happened, and it was in no way your fault. Steve doesn't seem like a person I want to mess with, but I'll have your back when we get up there. It wasn't your fault. I sincerely doubt any of us expected anything like that to happen".
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: August 06, 2014, 01:49:37 pm »

"Same for me dude, there was no fucking way you could have predicted that would happen. I'll back you up with Steve 100%.

Now, as to how we're getting back to the Sword, it doesn't look like this storm is going to let up anytime soon, and it appears it covers a pretty large area, so driving out of it is iffy. I say we simply find a ridge to hide in and just wait for this to blow over."
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 06, 2014, 02:21:23 pm »

"If the great and omniscient Steve didn't predict that happening, then how could any of us mere mortals be expected to?"
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #469 on: August 07, 2014, 09:49:22 am »

"Oh come now! I didn't see what happened down there, but I rather doubt you can take much of the blame."
Jobasio snorts at Mesk's apprehension, then offers him a sympathetic clap on the shoulder.
"From what I hear it was the fault of some of that horribly unsafe space-magic we are still, for whatever reason, using. Did anyone have any idea just what that... creature was capable of? Unless it came with an instruction manual when it crawled out of whatever foul hell it came from, you can hardly be blamed for not knowing what would happen. And when it did happen, you acted quickly, preventing our losses from being far worse."

He pauses, peering grimly out at the icy wastes surrounding them for a moment before continuing, more seriously,
"Of course... remember, all this is being recorded, Doctor Vraite. I'd take care before saying anything too damning in the eyes of, well, Steve. Unless you're quite sure you feel like staying here," he waves a hand in a vague gesture at the scenery, "In what I am rather convinced is the precise, geographical middle of nowhere."

He wasn't about to speak his true feelings about the whole rebellion, as since he'd just pointed out they were being recorded.
Still, he gives Mesk a level look and rambles on some more. "I'm... pretty sure they have their claws in you still, anyway, unless you've lost your shock implant somewhere along the way. I doubt you'd you punished too harshly, if at all, if you do return- you're a veteran, after all, and from what I've seen rather skilled at what you do. Got any more pain meds, by the way? Why, on my first mission I and another fellow made a horrible bungle of stealing a ship to escape the whole mess, almost got both of ourselves and another ally killed, and received hardly even a slap on the wrist, unless you count the broken spine and that was self-inflicted. And that was after we'd slaughtered a good chunk of the civilian population on whatever godsforsaken rock we happened to be on! We got off lightly, I tell you."

Ramble on at Mesk after he turns the radio off. And then ask him for some more pain medication in case my current dose wears off.

Try to be comforting.
"Don't worry mesk, once he has the video evidence he won't blame you! Probably.  Hey, you got any more pills? I could sure use some pills. Delicious pills.   Also, which fucking way we going guys? I'm parked beside the road here with my thumb up by exhaust port, waiting for commands. Lets get going friendo, we can't go get Mesk's name cleared of wrong doing if we sit here all night. Hero to the union and the republic. Parent killing hero. Letsgo."

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: August 07, 2014, 11:52:34 am »

Vote to wait out the storm Agree with team to keep driving, with the additional suggestion of staying away from populated areas
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 01:21:39 am by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: August 07, 2014, 12:15:36 pm »

Vote to keep driving.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: August 07, 2014, 12:16:58 pm »

Vote to get pizza.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: August 07, 2014, 12:49:54 pm »

"Just keeeep driving."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #474 on: August 09, 2014, 10:38:53 am »

Vote to get pizza.

"ALRIGHT! OFF WE GO! PIZZA IT IS."

"No, just keep going, head for the coastline, the weather might be less stormy there."

"Good thinking! Coast means fishing village, fishing village means anchovies, anchovies mean pizza. Clever, clever!"

"Do we even know if this planet has fish or something like fish?"

"Stands to reason that oceans on an earth like world with plant life would have some form of life, probably more complex then single cell."

"Yeah, but they could be giant man eating squid or something. Or have acid for blood."

"Why do you always think everything is going to have acid for blood?"

"I'd rather be mistaken then attempt to kick it to death and have my leg melt off. That would be a minor annoyance."

"Freaking immortals."

"PIZZZAAAAAA"

"Just drive."

The drive continues for several hours, down past turn offs for other arctic installations until finally, the weather starts to clear just as the group comes across what looks like a small village clustered around a icy cove with a large freight ship sitting in its dock.

"I want to steal that ship."

"What? Why?"

"Because it would be cool."

"Granted, but for what purpose?"

"To drive it."

"Can you even drive a ship? Pilot a ship? Captain a ship? Whats the right verb for that?"

"I didn't know I could drive this, but apparently I can."

"Yeah, how does that work anyways?"

"Shut up! Haven't you noticed that whenever someone points out the illogical aspects of the universe they die or get horribly mangled?"

"I've noticed that happens about 16% of the time regardless."

"SHUT UP!"

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: August 09, 2014, 12:23:15 pm »

"I wonder if anyone in this town has a robot arm I could borrow?"

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: August 09, 2014, 12:43:17 pm »

"Man it'll be nice once we get a pick up, and no, we aren't stealing the ship, I know we're a bunch of psuedo convicts, but some of us are here because the magistars are assholes and not the other way around"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: August 09, 2014, 04:37:01 pm »

((Yttra's section of the update in m14 gave me an idea: when you're being debriefed, Steve should tell you guys how long the mission actually lasted before things went to shit. Just to make a point.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: August 09, 2014, 11:09:05 pm »

"Well, if the ship's there, we might as well steal it." Jobasio lifted his shoulders in a shrug, giving Vincent an odd look.
Some people. Jeez. No sense of adventure.

"What else are we going to do, waiting around for extraction? And you have to admit, it would be nice and dramatic, having a shuttle land on the deck of our stolen ship, out on the high seas. Although something tells me Steve wouldn't like that idea very much. Oh well. I'll just be glad once we're back on-ship."
Booze is Life for Yoink

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: August 10, 2014, 09:51:28 am »

"Yeah, no stealing ships. Let's just radio steve for pickup, and see if he can send a shuttle big enough for this vehicle, might be useful."

Do as above and radio steve with our coordinates, and ask for a shuttle big enough for the command vehicle
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33