Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 33

Author Topic: Mission 15: Arctic Expedition: I. HEAR. A. SOUND.  (Read 66532 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 15: Arctic Expedition: I. HEAR. A. SOUND.
« Reply #435 on: July 28, 2014, 07:15:10 pm »

"Can't help but feel sorry for anyone stranded outside in this without a suit like ours," Jobasio murmurs grimly as he turns the wheel, accelerating slowly and carefully through the white-out conditions, "Although at least we didn't end up having to shoot them, I suppose. They're only probably dead instead of certainly dead, and here we are without any bullet wounds that weren't self-inflicted. Everyone wins, or at least forces a draw and packs away the chess-set to play something more entertaining, like bridge, or go fish, or poker, or yahtzee, or that one other game that I can never recall how to-- oh, a map! Excellent, excellent."

He squints at the map for a brief moment before looking back to his driving with a slightly scrunched-up expression.
"...Hrm. We certainly didn't land in a popular tourist destination, that's for sure. I highly doubt we'll find any 24-hour foodshops around here. How many hours are there per day, on this planet, anyway? 72-hour stores just doesn't have the same ring to it. Maybe they call them something entirely different? A snappy name, like consta-marts or infinistores or some such. Perhaps that's where they buy those snappy suits?"

Jobasio continues chattering absently away as he drives, not taking his eyes off the, well, ice.

Keep on truckin'.

Follow any directions I'm given. If more than one person suggests a way to go, use an intuition roll to decide who to listen to.
No, my imaginary friends do not go in the running.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: July 29, 2014, 01:37:17 am »

"Do you think we could convince them not to shoot us if we head back? I mean, now that we know they were mostly just poorly armed scientists, I kind of feel bad for stranding them in the middle of a blizzard in the middle of nowhere, It doesn't quite seem like they were the threat we first thought they were"
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 07:09:55 am by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: July 29, 2014, 03:40:57 am »

"Not worth the risk.  They could still be dangerous for all we know.  They've got cold weather gear, they'll last until they're missed and a rescue party finds them."

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 30, 2014, 05:13:03 am »

"Some good news it seems. They think some sort of volcanic eruption or meteor strike happened, so they aren't looking for enemies...at least until they notice their truck gone, that is. Speaking of which, did anyone ever search for anything like a lowjack or a tracking beacon? That would be something handy to have for a vehicle designed for operation in arctic storms. You know, so you can find it in whiteout conditions..."

Continue listening in on the radio, also assist Mesk in jacking in his suit.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #439 on: July 30, 2014, 09:52:40 am »

"Alright, let's avoid the military base, shall we?  I'm going to try patching my suit feed through the truck's comm systems to boost our signal, then we'll signal for a pickup as soon as we're out of this storm."
Hook my suit's communications system up to the truck's systems.
You hook your suit into the truck's communication system and dial it in to the correct frequency.

"Anybody home?"

>Who was responsible for the situation down there?

You pause for a moment, eyes twitching about, and then start making static noises with your mouth.

"Can't help but feel sorry for anyone stranded outside in this without a suit like ours," Jobasio murmurs grimly as he turns the wheel, accelerating slowly and carefully through the white-out conditions, "Although at least we didn't end up having to shoot them, I suppose. They're only probably dead instead of certainly dead, and here we are without any bullet wounds that weren't self-inflicted. Everyone wins, or at least forces a draw and packs away the chess-set to play something more entertaining, like bridge, or go fish, or poker, or yahtzee, or that one other game that I can never recall how to-- oh, a map! Excellent, excellent."

He squints at the map for a brief moment before looking back to his driving with a slightly scrunched-up expression.
"...Hrm. We certainly didn't land in a popular tourist destination, that's for sure. I highly doubt we'll find any 24-hour foodshops around here. How many hours are there per day, on this planet, anyway? 72-hour stores just doesn't have the same ring to it. Maybe they call them something entirely different? A snappy name, like consta-marts or infinistores or some such. Perhaps that's where they buy those snappy suits?"

Jobasio continues chattering absently away as he drives, not taking his eyes off the, well, ice.

Keep on truckin'.

Follow any directions I'm given. If more than one person suggests a way to go, use an intuition roll to decide who to listen to.
No, my imaginary friends do not go in the running.
"Yeah, I know were blinded, so I could be wrong, but we might want to be driving a little bit more to the right" Vincent tries to convince Jobasio to turn right, even though changing directions while moving in zero visibility situations is probably a bad idea
Jobasio turns the vehicle until it's heading right, at a 90 degree angle to its former heading. It looks basically exactly the same as before; an insulating blanket of white, like they're trundling along through purgatory in their nice, warm little van.

"Some good news it seems. They think some sort of volcanic eruption or meteor strike happened, so they aren't looking for enemies...at least until they notice their truck gone, that is. Speaking of which, did anyone ever search for anything like a lowjack or a tracking beacon? That would be something handy to have for a vehicle designed for operation in arctic storms. You know, so you can find it in whiteout conditions..."

Continue listening in on the radio, also assist Mesk in jacking in his suit.
You begin to feel very bad for mesk.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: July 30, 2014, 09:57:31 am »

"Just because there's nothing good on the radio doesn't mean you have to sing along with the static, you know."
Jobasio, happily free of blame for once, just keeps peering through the windshield and focuses on driving.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: July 30, 2014, 11:29:53 am »

"Honestly it was probably that crazy robot's fault, with a bit of the blame going to the shapeshifter for agreeing to consume the brain of a crazy robot"
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 30, 2014, 01:16:14 pm »

"Yeah, it was... Stacy... and Xan..."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 30, 2014, 01:31:12 pm »

((WHAT A TWEEST))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 30, 2014, 01:54:40 pm »

"Vincent, I find the term "robot" Offensive. There are still organic brain components even in a full body prosthetic. So please try to use cyborg instead. We're not machines, we're people."

Search for batteries in the vehicle. I need batteries for my lasers.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 30, 2014, 09:07:34 pm »

"Sorry about that! I wasn't intending to be offensive. I'll remember to use cyborg in the future"  Watch outside the vehicle

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: July 31, 2014, 12:10:31 am »

"More to the point, Steve, what happened was after the mishap with the HEP that sent stacy crashing to the bottom of the hole he dug, breaking his robobody, Xan tried to grow him a new body. I'm not sure, but I think what happened next was he accidentally absorbed Stacy's brain instead, and the resultant conflicting thought patterns drove him completely insane, resulting in a 15ft amp wielding abomination threatening a planetary apocalypse. At least, that's my theory anyways. We really didn't stick around to ask questions."
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: July 31, 2014, 02:53:02 am »

"Myself, I am quite happy not knowing just what went on in that hole. Well, happier than I would be if I'd been down there, anyway."
Jobasio has his neck craned forwards, struggling to spot any actual details through the screen of white as he murmurs,
"From what I gather, those responsible for the, well, catastrophic destruction of the mission objective died in the catastrophic destruction of the mission objective, so I suppose that's convenient enough and prevents any need for further punishment. Hopefully. Also, please don't electrocute me whilst I'm driving, at the very least. We've been through quite enough."

There's snow way we can stop here! Keep driving!
Booze is Life for Yoink

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #448 on: August 01, 2014, 10:23:11 am »

>Unsurprising. Who was supervising them?

"Vincent, I find the term "robot" Offensive. There are still organic brain components even in a full body prosthetic. So please try to use cyborg instead. We're not machines, we're people."

Search for batteries in the vehicle. I need batteries for my lasers.
You found no laser batteries. There are a few batteries for equipment, but you'd have to jury rig them into working order and you have no idea how long they'd last. Things designed to provide power to electronics probably aren't gonna be able to power a damn laser too well.

"Myself, I am quite happy not knowing just what went on in that hole. Well, happier than I would be if I'd been down there, anyway."
Jobasio has his neck craned forwards, struggling to spot any actual details through the screen of white as he murmurs,
"From what I gather, those responsible for the, well, catastrophic destruction of the mission objective died in the catastrophic destruction of the mission objective, so I suppose that's convenient enough and prevents any need for further punishment. Hopefully. Also, please don't electrocute me whilst I'm driving, at the very least. We've been through quite enough."

There's snow way we can stop here! Keep driving!
"Sorry about that! I wasn't intending to be offensive. I'll remember to use cyborg in the future"  Watch outside the vehicle
The vehicle trundles along for a long while before finally coming upon what seems to be a semi-permanent roadway in the snow. A quick look at the map reveals that this road is probably a East-west road, with the military base at one end, and a series of small science and private business outposts along the other way, finally ending down at the shore of the arctic sea.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 01, 2014, 11:47:06 am »

Take the batteries.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 33