Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 33

Author Topic: Mission 15: Arctic Expedition: I. HEAR. A. SOUND.  (Read 66538 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 15: Arctic Expedition: I. HEAR. A. SOUND.
« Reply #420 on: July 24, 2014, 01:04:49 pm »

"...well, when I heard we were jacking their ride, I was expecting more fast paced chase scenes, and less figure eights. Each to his own I guess, but I would recommend maybe, just possibly, GETTING US THE FUCK OUT OF HERE?!"

Michael looks around for their comm equipment, and attempts to jack into their network. He also attempts to see if this setup can be used to contact Steve(on a separate frequency of course)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: July 24, 2014, 02:54:21 pm »

"Here, let me take a look.  You guys, keep an eye out for the scouts returning and yell if they look hostile."
Assist Jobasio's driving roll.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: July 24, 2014, 03:04:41 pm »

Search the vehicle for any weapons or data or anything.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: July 24, 2014, 10:07:34 pm »

"Shutupshutup shut up!"
Yup, Jobasio's panicking. Some surprise there, what with half the team loudly voicing their displeasure with his driving skills.
"I get it! Okay?! Now let me think before I crash this bloody thing! And somebody think up a good excuse for why their truck is spinning in place, lest they get the bright idea of riddling it with bullets. Surely this lever has something to do with accele- whoops, no, not that one. Hmm. Who's the fool who designed this piece of garbage, anyway?!"
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: July 25, 2014, 12:37:37 am »

"Look, just calm down, Joe, look, stop hitting random controls, you'll just make it worse.  Let's go one at a time."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #425 on: July 26, 2014, 10:04:41 am »

"Errrr, hold on just a moment!"
Jobasio seems rather flustered as he clunks one lever back into a central position, then presses it in the other direction along with another one. He spares a brief glance for the others, no-doubt impatiently watching him screw up, and does his best to calm them down with a sheepish smile.
"Just a, ah, minor miscalculation. Memory's a bit hazy when it comes to this sort of thing, you know. I'll have it going in a jiffy."

MOVE YOU STUPID TRUCK WHO THE HELL DESIGNED THIS SO MANY LEVERS ARGH

At least everyone's in the vehicle now so I don't have to worry about running them over. Yay?
>Get this stupid truck under control and drive away from the crater as quickly as possible. If shot at, duck. And drive.
You crank a few levers into new positions and adjust the throttle. The vehicle grinds to a stop for an instant and then begins moving forward, trundling along at a brisk pace.

You nod to yourself and then to Vincent. 

"It was on inverted controls"

Vincent looks up from his digging through the storage compartment under his chair. "You're making that up. That is not a thing."

"Is too."

"It is not, and even if it was, wouldn't that mean we would have just been rotating in the other direction."

"No."

Vincent just stares.

"...well, when I heard we were jacking their ride, I was expecting more fast paced chase scenes, and less figure eights. Each to his own I guess, but I would recommend maybe, just possibly, GETTING US THE FUCK OUT OF HERE?!"

Michael looks around for their comm equipment, and attempts to jack into their network. He also attempts to see if this setup can be used to contact Steve(on a separate frequency of course)
The comms are easy to find, they've got a rather obvious set up, with a literal antenna sticking out of it and up through the ceiling. You sit down next to the machine and start fussing with it. You pretty easily find their station (it was set to it, big surprise), and then poke around to see if you could contact steve. You're pretty sure you can; theoretically, but you're not sure if he'll pick up. You can broadcast in his direction, but you need something that would get his attention over all the white noise, and let him know you're not a fake trying to probe his systems.

Search the vehicle for any weapons or data or anything.
There are weapons, actually, but nothing great. Gunpowder rifles. Fucking bolt action. These guys are fighting with antiques, or at least historical replicas. Guess this planet is pretty poor and new after all. Lasers aren't gonna be standard yet.

Data...well there's plenty of environmental data, information about monitoring air space over the pole, making sure no bombers are flying in to nuke where the fuck ever these guys are from. All shit you don't really care about.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 26, 2014, 10:51:55 am »

Jobasio, having tugged off his helmet once the truck was moving, manages a pleasant smile despite his injuries.
"Ah, well, off we go, then! I don't quite know where we are going, has anyone seen a map? It would be rather nice to see some more of this place before getting scooped back up into the confines of the ship. No time like the present for a nice drive! ...What day is it, anyway? Let's assume it is Sunday."

He pauses for a while, focusing on steering the truck around a treacherous mound of snow, then speaks up again.
"I imagine those poor fellows back there will have some explaining to do. Having their truck stolen by a dangerous, highly-trained band of off-world agents after their own vehicle suffered a, erm, mechanical failure... tough luck for them, I suppose."
Jobasio ceases his rambling and looks over at Vincent, seated beside him.
"Vincent, make yourself useful and see if this rust-bucket has any means of playing music- I need to focus on driving. A map would certainly come in handy as well. I wouldn't mind visiting a few of the local scenic spots while we're here, whatever those may be, and a bite to eat would not go astray, either."

>Continue driving happily along! Carefully, but happily.
See what I can see through the windshield. Also inspect the vehicle some more, but without taking my attention away from driving.

>If some useful person provides me with a map, head for the nearest built-up area, road and/or population centre. 
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 03:46:56 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: July 26, 2014, 11:05:19 am »

Try to find a map in the data to give Jobasio.

Transfer the guns and ammo to my hammerspace by any means nessesary. Count how many guns and how much ammo.

Look for anything else useful in the truck, like armour, tools, or scientific equipment.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 11:29:36 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: July 26, 2014, 03:10:15 pm »

"So guys, I have good news and bad news. The good news is I've linked into their commnet and I'm sure this rig can be used to contact Steve(well, theoretically, anyways). The bad news is I'm not sure how to in a way that lets him know it's us and not someone trying to remote hack his systems. Ideas?

Meanwhile, I'll see if I can listen in on these guys' radio chatter and figure out what they are up to."

While we figure out the contact steve thing, listen in on the radio chatter, specifically to see what the group at the crater is doing, and also if there's any more groups of men out there.
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: July 26, 2014, 03:52:24 pm »

"Just keep driving straight, Joe.  Michael, do you think you can patch one of our suits directly into the comms system to amplify our own signal?  That way the signal they'll receive on the Sword would be that of our suit, not some truck they've never heard of."
Keep watch out the back.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: July 27, 2014, 09:31:26 pm »

"Yeah, I'll look for a map, although trying to get out of this storm should be our priority, we can probably get picked up at that point." Vincent looks for a way to adjust the radio station and fiddles with it until the reciever picks up a station, then continues searching through the storage compartment, this time for a map.
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: July 28, 2014, 06:01:52 am »

"Umm, that's a good idea actually Mesk, but could someone more handy than me handle that? I'd like to not fuck it up..."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #432 on: July 28, 2014, 11:02:38 am »

Jobasio, having tugged off his helmet once the truck was moving, manages a pleasant smile despite his injuries.
"Ah, well, off we go, then! I don't quite know where we are going, has anyone seen a map? It would be rather nice to see some more of this place before getting scooped back up into the confines of the ship. No time like the present for a nice drive! ...What day is it, anyway? Let's assume it is Sunday."

He pauses for a while, focusing on steering the truck around a treacherous mound of snow, then speaks up again.
"I imagine those poor fellows back there will have some explaining to do. Having their truck stolen by a dangerous, highly-trained band of off-world agents after their own vehicle suffered a, erm, mechanical failure... tough luck for them, I suppose."
Jobasio ceases his rambling and looks over at Vincent, seated beside him.
"Vincent, make yourself useful and see if this rust-bucket has any means of playing music- I need to focus on driving. A map would certainly come in handy as well. I wouldn't mind visiting a few of the local scenic spots while we're here, whatever those may be, and a bite to eat would not go astray, either."

>Continue driving happily along! Carefully, but happily.
See what I can see through the windshield. Also inspect the vehicle some more, but without taking my attention away from driving.

>If some useful person provides me with a map, head for the nearest built-up area, road and/or population centre. 
You can't see much of anything. White out conditions  have reduced visibility to like 10 feet in front of you, and the safe little bubble of the cockpit creaks and moans with with the sound of the wind straining against it. You're beginning to feel bad for the people that were stranded when you stole this vehicle. They don't have perfectly insulated space suits, after all. Happy feelings not tinged with regret. Aw...

You keep plowing along into the white nothing regardless, occasionally changing course to avoid a rock, but mostly just going forward.

Try to find a map in the data to give Jobasio.

Transfer the guns and ammo to my hammerspace by any means nessesary. Count how many guns and how much ammo.

Look for anything else useful in the truck, like armour, tools, or scientific equipment.

There's like three rifles with a magazine of 5 shots each. You take them anyways.

No there is no armor, and yes there are tools and scientific equipment but nothing even remotely useful to you. Especially since it's all big, heavy, relies on stationary power supplies and is related to monitoring weather.

You do, however, manage to find a folding map of the area. It appears to have been custom printed and has what you assume is the military outpost at its center, with large expanses of land set out around it. You think that this area here, this roundish formation, is what used to be the ice sheet. You hand it up to Jobasio and point out the formation.

"So guys, I have good news and bad news. The good news is I've linked into their commnet and I'm sure this rig can be used to contact Steve(well, theoretically, anyways). The bad news is I'm not sure how to in a way that lets him know it's us and not someone trying to remote hack his systems. Ideas?

Meanwhile, I'll see if I can listen in on these guys' radio chatter and figure out what they are up to."

While we figure out the contact steve thing, listen in on the radio chatter, specifically to see what the group at the crater is doing, and also if there's any more groups of men out there.
The connection isn't great, but you catch enough of their conversation to understand that they're investigating all the seismic readings and shockwaves and huge plumes of flame and such. Most of them are under the impression it was some sort of volcanic explosion or something similar. There are people talking that aren't part of the team, but they're back at the base, at least you're pretty sure they are. There don't seem to be other teams around, or at least if there are, they're not talking like they're out in the snow, making no reference to it at least.

"Just keep driving straight, Joe.  Michael, do you think you can patch one of our suits directly into the comms system to amplify our own signal?  That way the signal they'll receive on the Sword would be that of our suit, not some truck they've never heard of."
Keep watch out the back.
Nothing appears to be coming for you, at least nothing you can see.

"Yeah, I'll look for a map, although trying to get out of this storm should be our priority, we can probably get picked up at that point." Vincent looks for a way to adjust the radio station and fiddles with it until the reciever picks up a station, then continues searching through the storage compartment, this time for a map.
There's no radio up front, but a map has been found. You take it Dubley and study it while Jobasio drives. It's hard to tell where you are right now, since the car's been moving for a while, but it seems the direction to head is to the right of where you're probably heading right now; towards the lower altitudes of the area and away from the military base.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: July 28, 2014, 12:40:09 pm »

"Alright, let's avoid the military base, shall we?  I'm going to try patching my suit feed through the truck's comm systems to boost our signal, then we'll signal for a pickup as soon as we're out of this storm."
Hook my suit's communications system up to the truck's systems.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: July 28, 2014, 03:40:14 pm »

"Yeah, I know were blinded, so I could be wrong, but we might want to be driving a little bit more to the right" Vincent tries to convince Jobasio to turn right, even though changing directions while moving in zero visibility situations is probably a bad idea
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 33