Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 33

Author Topic: Mission 15: Arctic Expedition: I. HEAR. A. SOUND.  (Read 66389 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 15: Arctic Expedition: I. HEAR. A. SOUND.
« Reply #405 on: July 19, 2014, 05:01:23 pm »

Get ready to grab whoever can't run and get to the choppah vehicle.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 19, 2014, 05:33:24 pm »

"Don't worry, I don't plan on leaving anyone behind if I can help it, after I grab the APC, just stay where you are, it'll be faster if I bring the APC to you rather than the other way around"
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: July 20, 2014, 06:52:00 am »

"...On second thoughts," Jobasio says after a long moment's hesitation, struggling his way up from his snowed-in hiding spot, "I think it'd be better if I followed you. Too many unpleasant possibilities for things to go wrong with this plan, and I can't see the vehicle from here to help in any way if they do."
Apparently having swallowed his earlier reservations, he sets off in a weird, ungainly-looking stealth-jog through the thick snow, rifle held protectively across his chest, keeping Vincent in sight whilst not following too closely.

Action edited.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #408 on: July 22, 2014, 09:16:25 am »

sneak up to the APC, and if no-one is around guarding it, knock on the door and open it, yelling 'It's an ambush! Help!' and hide behind the open door until a possible driver comes out. If said driver gets out of the vehicle, put a gun to his head and tell him we are commandeering his vehicle. If no one exits the vehicle, I check inside the vehicle, very careful not to get shot
The thing the interlopers came in is not an APC. You wonder for a moment why you assumed it was, but it isn't. It's a purpose built vehicle, something like a large truck or van but with tank treads that have large scoops on them, to let it trundle through the snow. You can see into the driver's compartment and it's empty. Behind the driver's compartment is the passenger compartment, a big old metal box with small windows on its sides. You check inside, the door into it isn't locked. It's like a small command center; GPS map, powerful radio, and other equipment squat in the center between rows of metal chairs bolted to the walls. It's empty too. Guess it makes sense; they probably didn't expect someone to steal it.

>Give Vincent verbal directions towards their transport as necessary and keep a close eye on, well, the general direction that the group of locals went in. Charge a Con bonus juuust in case.
Make sure I'm not too heavily covered with snow to move quickly in a short while; push some snow off myself if I need to.

>Shove the snow off of myself and, once Vincent is a good way ahead of me whilst still remaining in sight, get up and move up along with him, keeping a safe distance which allows me to properly cover him with my rifle.
If/when either strangers come in sight or Vincent begins enacting his plan at the vehicle, drop to my belly in the snow, brace my rifle and charge a con bonus, ready to provide covering fire if it becomes absolutely necessary. If his plan goes off without a hitch (yeah right) and we gain control of the vehicle, move my carcass over there and get in as quickly as possible, unless there are hostiles in sight.

"If we're going to make a move- as opposed to just hiding until our visitors hopefully get fed up and decide to go away- I would recommend that all of you get yourselves as ready as possible to run... or at least hobble quickly in the direction of a vehicle. I'll..."
He thinks for a moment, screwing up his face in a wince as he probes at his injured side with his good hand.
"I will probably remain in position for now; hopefully I'll be able to provide covering fire if necessary. Wish I'd thought to bring along some of those bloody cam-eyes. Not sure at what pace I'll be able to move, given my terrible injuries, so please try not to leave without me."

Jobasio looks nervously down to what he can see of his blue rifle and pink cast through the snow. He turns off his helmet's microphone.
"This could get rather messy, you two. Let's try and keep our wits about ourselves, whatever happens, hmm? I'll get you both through this."
Having comforted himself by talking to his imaginary friends, he returns his attention to the snowy wastes before him with narrowed eyes.
No one comes, not when you're heading toward the vehicle, not when you're there. Everything is quiet. But you have a distinct feeling everyone should hurry the fuck up.

Get ready to grab whoever can't run and get to the choppah vehicle.
"Sucks about leaving the APC. It was a good APC.

Actually, no. It was weak. Lets leave it.
"

Get ready to run to run.
Keep Con Bonus charged while getting ready to burst out of the snow and into acquired transportation

I'm ready, just give the word."
You are all extremely ready to do something. You don't actually do anything, but you are all just fucking chomping at the bit, ready to go. UUUUUGGGHHHH so READY!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: July 22, 2014, 09:27:08 pm »

"Well then. No sense dithering about any longer; let's go!"
So saying, Jobasio tugs open the driver's door without further ado, jumps in, and looks over the controls as he starts the thing up- taking care to fasten his seatbelt beforehand, of course! Safety first, after all. Sparing a brief glance to make sure Vincent is in, too, he shoves Whig out of the way to one side with a murmured apology, then presses down on the accelerator with a booted foot.

"Vincent, check on your wristpad for the team's locations, tell me where they are and make sure we don't drive over them in the snow. That would be rather an unpleasant start to our little getaway, I'd imagine. Let them know we're coming, too."

>Get in, quickly inspect the controls to figure out how to work them, then once Vincent is in, start the thing up and drive over to where the team is hiding. Go quickly, but not so fast as to risk crashing the damn thing. Follow Vincent's directions as to where they are, taking care not to drive directly over anyone.

How does the passenger compartment open, exactly? Try and park in such a way that the vehicle will shield the team as they climb into the vehicle, in case we come under fire as they do so.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: July 22, 2014, 10:27:38 pm »

"Let's go!  Keep your heads down!"
Get everybody inside the APC vehicle.  Keep an eye on the scouts.
"You need me to drive, Joe?  I think I might be the better driver and you the better shot."
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 03:10:03 pm by Remalle »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 22, 2014, 10:29:23 pm »

"We should loot that machine gun off the APC. But I don't have arms. Oh well."

Keep being ready to run to the vehicle, and jump in if it gets here.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 22, 2014, 10:47:40 pm »

Get everybody inside the APC.  Keep an eye on the scouts.
"You need me to drive, Joe?  I think I might be the better driver and you the better shot."

"Perhaps, but at the same time I don't have an armload of alien death-tech and a body that regenerates parts as quickly as they can be shot off. If you think that would work best, then certainly, although with any luck it won't come to shooting before we can get safely away."

((EDIT: Stupid surplus-to-requirements "safely"!))
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 03:54:55 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 23, 2014, 03:45:09 am »

Hopping into the passengers seat, Vincent follows Jobasio's orders and uses his wristpad to help direct Jobasio to their teammates "Let's make this quick, I'd rather not be here when the military gets back" At each stop Vincent grabs each party member as quick as possible without hurting them and puts them in the passenger compartment.
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 23, 2014, 08:04:51 am »

((Do you mean the old broken one or the new stolen one?  Because the new one isn't an APC really.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 23, 2014, 03:10:22 pm »

((Do you mean the old broken one or the new stolen one?  Because the new one isn't an APC really.))
(Fix'd.  Thanks.  Don't know why I keep thinking "APC".)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 23, 2014, 07:38:09 pm »

Still waiting for ride. Also, keep charging con bonus, might still be needed.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #417 on: July 24, 2014, 10:18:39 am »

"Well then. No sense dithering about any longer; let's go!"
So saying, Jobasio tugs open the driver's door without further ado, jumps in, and looks over the controls as he starts the thing up- taking care to fasten his seatbelt beforehand, of course! Safety first, after all. Sparing a brief glance to make sure Vincent is in, too, he shoves Whig out of the way to one side with a murmured apology, then presses down on the accelerator with a booted foot.

"Vincent, check on your wristpad for the team's locations, tell me where they are and make sure we don't drive over them in the snow. That would be rather an unpleasant start to our little getaway, I'd imagine. Let them know we're coming, too."

>Get in, quickly inspect the controls to figure out how to work them, then once Vincent is in, start the thing up and drive over to where the team is hiding. Go quickly, but not so fast as to risk crashing the damn thing. Follow Vincent's directions as to where they are, taking care not to drive directly over anyone.

How does the passenger compartment open, exactly? Try and park in such a way that the vehicle will shield the team as they climb into the vehicle, in case we come under fire as they do so.

You climb into the driver's seat and look around. Ok...no wheel, just some of these...leavers and throttle adjusters and...there are a lot of switches and toggles in here you don't know what do...

You succeed at turning on the flood lights and setting the vehicle into a stationary spin, one set of treads going one way, the other going the other way.

"I may need a moment to figure this out."

Get everybody inside the APC vehicle.  Keep an eye on the scouts.
"We should loot that machine gun off the APC. But I don't have arms. Oh well."

Keep being ready to run to the vehicle, and jump in if it gets here.
Still waiting for ride. Also, keep charging con bonus, might still be needed.

Mesk and anyone who still has the limbs required to carry bodies get the less mobile team members into the back of the slowly rotating vehicle and then pile in themselves.

Hopping into the passengers seat, Vincent follows Jobasio's orders and uses his wristpad to help direct Jobasio to their teammates "Let's make this quick, I'd rather not be here when the military gets back" At each stop Vincent grabs each party member as quick as possible without hurting them and puts them in the passenger compartment.
You climb into the passenger's seat and busy yourself giving Jobasio a withering look as he pokes about on the controls.

"Any time."

"I know. I just have to figure out..how this things..."

"No rush. I mean yeah, those military guys are probably coming back as we speak, ready to shoot us full of holes or worse, deport us to some sub-arctic prison camp.  But don't let that bother you."

"Not helping."

"No, this," He gestures out the window at the world slowly rotating past the plastic bubble of the driver's compartment, "This isn't helping."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: July 24, 2014, 11:41:40 am »

"Errrr, hold on just a moment!"
Jobasio seems rather flustered as he clunks one lever back into a central position, then presses it in the other direction along with another one. He spares a brief glance for the others, no-doubt impatiently watching him screw up, and does his best to calm them down with a sheepish smile.
"Just a, ah, minor miscalculation. Memory's a bit hazy when it comes to this sort of thing, you know. I'll have it going in a jiffy."

MOVE YOU STUPID TRUCK WHO THE HELL DESIGNED THIS SO MANY LEVERS ARGH

At least everyone's in the vehicle now so I don't have to worry about running them over. Yay?
>Get this stupid truck under control and drive away from the crater as quickly as possible. If shot at, duck. And drive.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 24, 2014, 11:58:30 am »

"Don't mind me, I'm just sitting here, slowly getting motion sick, thinking about how a giant singing flaming leg of death didn't kill us, but somehow the lowly military unit, sent to guard this planets ice, might do us in instead" Search through any compartments that might be in the passengers side of the vehicle, mainly looking for a manual (One can hope =P) but also anything else that might be useful
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 12:04:46 pm by Kedly »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 33