Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 33

Author Topic: Mission 15: Arctic Expedition: I. HEAR. A. SOUND.  (Read 66371 times)

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 15: Arctic Expedition: I. HEAR. A. SOUND.
« Reply #375 on: July 12, 2014, 11:26:40 pm »

"Got it! Digging a hole and hiding sounds like my kind of plan!" Vincent climbed out of the trench he had melted, and walked a bit away from it before digging into the snow, after digging deep enough to hide himself, he turned on his heat ray and started melting a path down deep, now that his tunnel was hidden
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #376 on: July 13, 2014, 09:04:40 am »

"I don't know," Jobasio mutters over the comms from his hiding place, "But I'm preparing for the latter eventuality. Do let me know beforehand if the rest of you are going to flee in the vehicle, as I would rather not be left behind!"

>Lie in wait, charging that Con bonus.

>Keep eyes and ears open for signs of hostile movement- turn up sound amps (to a safe level) if such things exist.
Try not to poke holes in my little snow fort, or cause it to collapse by moving the wrong way.
Waiting in the snow, doo dee dohh, waiting in the snow, fee fii foeee.

"I think they'll notice our heat signatures, but it's worth a shot."

Bury the injured people first.
Most people are already hidden, so you just hide yourself.

Charge con bonus to fire with my feet.
This will be interesting.

((Please don't forget where you bury Jason.))

Be helpful. Maybe by offering moral and emotional support.
You give a pep talk over the radio. Rather a hard thing to do, considering the circumstances. It basically boils down to "It couldn't possibly get worse."

"Got it! Digging a hole and hiding sounds like my kind of plan!" Vincent climbed out of the trench he had melted, and walked a bit away from it before digging into the snow, after digging deep enough to hide himself, he turned on his heat ray and started melting a path down deep, now that his tunnel was hidden
You get about halfway through that before all the snow just collapses on you and buries you.

There's gonna be a few hours till they find you, so everyone good with a time skip?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 13, 2014, 09:39:44 am »

((huh, I was somehow under the impression they were closer than that. oh well, this gives the storm plenty of time to bury us and cover our tracks, so yeah))

"Alright guys, listen up! Jobasio, you have a dangerous assignment; you are to be our lookout, which means you need to be able to see while you stay hidden. try to hide as best as you can, but let us know if they spot something(or someone) out of place. The rest of us, we position ourselves to surprise anyone who finds us, but we stay in our holes unless and until they discover we haven't actually left. Stay... well, stay frosty."

Micheal hunkers down in his hidey hole and charges a con bonus. Michael will need it if this turns into a firefight.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 13, 2014, 10:50:03 am »

"A few hours? We can easily fix the APC and drive away before they get here."

Bide my time unless someone wants to help fix the damn thing.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 13, 2014, 01:51:32 pm »

"How long is it going to take the shuttle to arrive...?"
Time skip.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 13, 2014, 01:55:54 pm »

((So we have a bunch of people hiding in holes, Mesk doing who knows what, and Jason lying in the APC with his broken self? Yeah, this can't go wrong at all. I wonder if somebody in the snow is gonna get stepped on.))

Time skip. Because it can't get any worse.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 14, 2014, 09:49:59 am »

Heat mine a trail downwards during said time skip? (I vote time skip if no one wants to repair the APC if we attempt to fix the APC, then I'll do that instead of digging downawrds)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 10:11:21 am by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 14, 2014, 10:32:22 am »

"Alright guys, listen up! Jobasio, you have a dangerous assignment; you are to be our lookout, which means you need to be able to see while you stay hidden. try to hide as best as you can, but let us know if they spot something(or someone) out of place. The rest of us, we position ourselves to surprise anyone who finds us, but we stay in our holes unless and until they discover we haven't actually left. Stay... well, stay frosty."

Jobasio coughs softly in response to this, then proceeds to pour on the sarcasm.
"Oh, how kind of you, a special assignment for me which just happens to be more-or-less what I was doing already, but with more chance of death."
He rolls his eyes behind his faceplate. "If you are quite done with this feeble attempt at being assertive, I'll get back to doing my best to make it through this alive- which, happily enough, improves your chances of survival as well. It's a pity I lack a pair of those cam-eyes that are all the rage these days, they would come in rather handy right now."

He turns off his comms transmitter and fidgets nervously with the grip of his rifle, peering out through the gap in the snow.
"Keep ahold of yourselves," he mutters softly, "Both of you- Ferdinand, I know it's your first time out in the field, but trust me, this shouldn't end too badly if we keep our heads. Be sure to let me know if you see anything untoward."

>Continue waiting. Do my best to spot any approaching hostiles without compromising my hiding place.
Scoop out the snow if it blocks my line of sight, but try to remain hidden.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 14, 2014, 03:34:14 pm »

"Hey guys, I'm feeling kinda tired. I'll just take a quick nap, somebody wake me up when company gets here."

Slip into coma during the time skip, maybe.

((Since Jason is pretty useless for this mission, and there is a new thread which is interesting by virtue of its newness,  I think I'll head over there. Plus, I don't want to have to make a speech roll if whoever shows up finds me in the APC alone. It could end very poorly or molestery.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #384 on: July 15, 2014, 09:22:42 am »

((huh, I was somehow under the impression they were closer than that. oh well, this gives the storm plenty of time to bury us and cover our tracks, so yeah))

Micheal hunkers down in his hidey hole and charges a con bonus. Michael will need it if this turns into a firefight.
Con bonus charged
"A few hours? We can easily fix the APC and drive away before they get here."

Bide my time unless someone wants to help fix the damn thing.
"How long is it going to take the shuttle to arrive...?"
Time skip.
((So we have a bunch of people hiding in holes, Mesk doing who knows what, and Jason lying in the APC with his broken self? Yeah, this can't go wrong at all. I wonder if somebody in the snow is gonna get stepped on.))

Time skip. Because it can't get any worse.
Heat mine a trail downwards during said time skip? (I vote time skip if no one wants to repair the APC if we attempt to fix the APC, then I'll do that instead of digging downawrds)

Jobasio coughs softly in response to this, then proceeds to pour on the sarcasm.
"Oh, how kind of you, a special assignment for me which just happens to be more-or-less what I was doing already, but with more chance of death."
He rolls his eyes behind his faceplate. "If you are quite done with this feeble attempt at being assertive, I'll get back to doing my best to make it through this alive- which, happily enough, improves your chances of survival as well. It's a pity I lack a pair of those cam-eyes that are all the rage these days, they would come in rather handy right now."

He turns off his comms transmitter and fidgets nervously with the grip of his rifle, peering out through the gap in the snow.
"Keep ahold of yourselves," he mutters softly, "Both of you- Ferdinand, I know it's your first time out in the field, but trust me, this shouldn't end too badly if we keep our heads. Be sure to let me know if you see anything untoward."

>Continue waiting. Do my best to spot any approaching hostiles without compromising my hiding place.
Scoop out the snow if it blocks my line of sight, but try to remain hidden.

Ok, lets do a quick roll to see if they can fix the apc.

The roll averaged to 3, so no.

Time skip it is then.

Hours pass, the storm continues to rage, and the team can do little more then sit and wait in the cold. Finally, they hear something rumbling near by, or at least somewhat near by. It stops a long way off and is replaced by the very distant murmur of voices, though nothing is visible through the white out snow. The voices split, a few heading off toward the crater, and a few more sweeping about randomly in the general area. After maybe 20 minutes they seem to notice the pit the APC is in and walk that way, finally coming into view. Jobasio is the only one with eyes on them, being the only one above ground, so to speak. The voices belong to a group of three people, all in heavy, one piece insulating suits; not so much like your own suit, more like a giant pair of fuzzy long underwear. They walk over to the hole and look down. The Apc is probably covered in a few inches of snow at this point, and lost in the darkness of the antartic night, but their searching flashlights will no doubt see some of the battered gray metal. They're looking at one another, talking with long pauses between each other.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 15, 2014, 10:06:11 am »

"Well, it seems our friends have finally seen fit to arrive. The tea is probably stone cold by now."
Jobasio murmurs blithely through the comms, his eyes on the newcomers as he remains as still as possible.
"They seem a pleasant enough sort; what exactly are we going to do? The table's set, although we hardly have enough food for everyone. I must say, I am rather taken with their outfits- rather a fluffy affair, I wonder what it's made from. They have a sort of quaint charm. Perhaps we should ask them where one could buy a pair? I would look rather dashing in one, I think, and it would set off the blue of Miss Whig's dress quite nicely, yes. I'm not so sure about Ferdinand's outfit, though, in fact I think the colours would clash quite a bit. Still, I could be wrong, 'fashion favours the bold' after all, or however the saying goes."

He remains in place as he rambles on in an unconcerned tone, idly drumming his gloved fingers against the grip of his beloved gauss rifle.
>Warn the others of the strangers' arrival over the comms, keeping my suits outside speakers silent, of course.

>Then subject the team to a long, detailed description of what the locals are wearing, and muse on how I would look in such an outfit. Be sure to grumble about our lack of suitable refreshments for our guests, too.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 15, 2014, 10:24:52 am »

"Do they appear armed?"
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 15, 2014, 11:09:14 am »

Vincent aims his heat ray upwards, ready to surface and help should things turn sour "Hopefully they don't have heat sensors"

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 15, 2014, 06:18:09 pm »

"Hold your fire.  Wait to see how they react to finding the APC.  If it looks like they're going to cause trouble, signal us."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #389 on: July 17, 2014, 11:02:42 am »

"Well, it seems our friends have finally seen fit to arrive. The tea is probably stone cold by now."
Jobasio murmurs blithely through the comms, his eyes on the newcomers as he remains as still as possible.
"They seem a pleasant enough sort; what exactly are we going to do? The table's set, although we hardly have enough food for everyone. I must say, I am rather taken with their outfits- rather a fluffy affair, I wonder what it's made from. They have a sort of quaint charm. Perhaps we should ask them where one could buy a pair? I would look rather dashing in one, I think, and it would set off the blue of Miss Whig's dress quite nicely, yes. I'm not so sure about Ferdinand's outfit, though, in fact I think the colours would clash quite a bit. Still, I could be wrong, 'fashion favours the bold' after all, or however the saying goes."

He remains in place as he rambles on in an unconcerned tone, idly drumming his gloved fingers against the grip of his beloved gauss rifle.
>Warn the others of the strangers' arrival over the comms, keeping my suits outside speakers silent, of course.

>Then subject the team to a long, detailed description of what the locals are wearing, and muse on how I would look in such an outfit. Be sure to grumble about our lack of suitable refreshments for our guests, too.

The interlopers, unrefreshed though they are, continue to work. They follow the edge of the pit around to the ramp and down to examine the APC. You can't see them now, but they stay down there for a good while. Eventually someone else comes over, from the direction of the crater. He's running and when he reaches the edge of the pit he stops and doubles over, catching his breath while yelling something you can't quite hear down at them. There's an urgent tone in his voice and a minute later the men are trudging out of the pit and following him away toward the crater. They all disappear into the white haze.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 33