Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 33

Author Topic: Mission 15: Arctic Expedition: I. HEAR. A. SOUND.  (Read 66369 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Mission 15: Arctic Expedition: I. HEAR. A. SOUND.
« Reply #360 on: July 09, 2014, 10:18:39 am »

Offer one of my disposable cutting lasers to get the APC unstuck.

Try to duct tape my laser rifle to one of my arm stumps. And connect some wires so I can shoot it.

You're gonna have to have someone else help you with that. Kinda hard to do stuff like that when you have no hands after all. And no mouth. And only one toe on each foot. Yeah, robodies only have one big toe and the other toes are just solid metal on a hinge, bending as a whole when they need to.

"That sounded like he said heat signatures were headed our way, possibly military. Uh...that probably isn't good."

Continue enjoying my cocoa. What am I supposed to do, fight?
Mmm, Cocoa-y.

Vincent steps back out of the APC with the heat gun strapped on his back again ((The mining Laser... I mix up words a lot >.>)) "Think we have time to give this APC a quick fix? I can probably get it out of the ice quickly" If the team agrees, free the APC from the ice using the gun, being careful not to melt the APC itself.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You melt the ice and snow around the apc, freeing it, which is a step in the right direction, but it's still trapped at the bottom of a hole made of snow and ice. Now that you have it free, you need to drag it back to the surface and hope that it's not so heavy that it will just sink back down through the fresh snow.

Jobasio, who had been chuckling to himself as he stooped to ready another snowball, sobered up somewhat at the news.
"We've got company, you say?" He straightens up, dropping the snow and continuing drily, "And here we are, not even dressed to entertain. Whig, put the kettle on, would you? Ferdinand, set the table. We simply must give our guests a proper welcome."

As he says the last, Jobasio grimly slips his gauss rifle off his shoulder, taking a grip on it with his good hand as he moves over to get his helmet from the APC. Once that's back on his head he looks around, scanning the environment with a thoughtful expression before walking quickly off.

>Re-equip my helmet, hold Whig in my good hand, then take a look around.

>Is there an easy way to get up on top of the rock formations? Are they near enough to provide a good vantage point for the scene around the APC? If so, I'll find myself a spot atop one of those to go prone and cover the team, bracing my rifle with my cast if I can't grip the barrel properly.

If I can't get on top of a rock formation, find another spot, using either rocks or the APC as cover.
As long as I have some cover and an at-least decent line of sight, it should do.

>If allowed after all that, charge a Conventional bonus.
The rocks are too far away; your view would be obstructed by the snow. And the APC now has a big trench dug around it, so using it as cover gonna be impossible unless someone gets it up on ground level. As it is, there are two options you can think of: digging a hole in the snow and hiding in it, so that you can provide unseen support, though as soon as you start shooting that snow isn't going to provide any cover. Or, you could try to get someone to move a relatively small rock for you; just something big enough that you can lay prone behind it and peek over. Better cover, but it might sink in the snow, and it would be vary obvious where any shooting was coming from. Hmph. If only you had cam eyes you could camp on that rock ridge and just use heat signatures to watch.

*sigh*"It's just one thing after another, isn't it?" Michael gets into position to snipe anyone approaching the APC that isn't friendly
Hard to do, considering the white out conditions, but you get positioned, prone, near the hole the apc is in, as best you can.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 09, 2014, 12:22:08 pm »

But I have a mouth. My head is still human.
Now attach that rifle arm with my mouth and my feet.
(And use my handiwork dynamic bonus)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 01:30:59 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 09, 2014, 04:55:32 pm »

But I have a mouth. My head is still human.
Now attach that rifle arm with my mouth and my feet.
(And use my handiwork dynamic bonus)

((this can only end hilariously. Do it!))

Michael looks around real quick and assesses the situation. So, we have a roboguy with no arms, I have broken legs, Jobasio has a broken arm and ribs, Jason has a broken EVERYTHING, and only Mesk and Vincent are in any sort of fighting shape. Well, I'd say we are pretty fucked in a standard engagement. Unless... Michael opens a private channel:

Quote from: Michael->Mesk
Well, I'm pretty sure if it comes to a shootout, if they have even a slight numerical advantage we'll lose. You and Vincent are the only unhurt members of this group, and one of us can't even hold any weapons. We might need to bullshit our way out of this, though I'm not sure how...

This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: July 10, 2014, 01:12:25 am »

Vincent smacks his head "Well, it's free from the ice at least... Anyone able to patch up the axle? Maybe I could melt a ramp for it to drive up once it is able to drive again... I like how we were able to dispatch the eldritch horror with little problem, but now a single military unit likely has us fucked" afterwards he proceeded to attempt to melt an exit ramp for the APC
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 10, 2014, 01:35:38 am »

Direct the repairing of the APC. I think Mesk is providing assistance as needed.
Use my handi dynamic bonus.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 10, 2014, 04:02:59 am »

Jobasio frowned at his lack of options for a moment, then strode quickly over to the best spot he could find and kicked a few clumps of snow out of the white ground, forming a decent-sized depression before going prone in it, rifle before him in the direction of the APC and the others.
"Right then. You two ready?" He mutters, looking experimentally down the sights before glancing left and right.
Through the comms he asks, "Any plan of action? How are we going to deal with our visitors, exactly?"

>Just dig out a hole to go prone in, then; as far as I can get from the APC without it being obscured by the snow.

>Keep eyes and ears open for any signs of people approaching. Make sure they don't take me unawares, I might need to relocate if they're about to drive over me or something. Charge con bonus if I haven't already.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 10, 2014, 05:13:24 am »

Actually, scratch that, save bullshitting our way out as a last resort. This storm seems to be dumping enough snow to bury us if we dig holes and cover ourselves. Grab Jason out of the APC, I'll get Dubley.

"Hey guys, I just had a brainstorm! If we dig a hole deep enough and then cover ourselves in snow, the snowstorm will dump enough fresh snow on us that we'll be indistinguishable from the terrain. As long as they don't just stumble over one of us or have good thermal sensors, they should assume from the aborted attempt at digging out the APC we gave up and moved on. We'll need to have someone able to see so we know when they moved on, but this is better than a straight up firefight or trying to lie our way out."

Initiate Plan Mole. Michael grabs Dubley and digs a hole for him to hide in, making sure to cover him with the loose snow.  He then moves a bit away and digs his own hidey-hole, again making sure to cover with the loose snow to facilitate being buried.
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #367 on: July 11, 2014, 11:35:11 am »

Vincent smacks his head "Well, it's free from the ice at least... Anyone able to patch up the axle? Maybe I could melt a ramp for it to drive up once it is able to drive again... I like how we were able to dispatch the eldritch horror with little problem, but now a single military unit likely has us fucked" afterwards he proceeded to attempt to melt an exit ramp for the APC
You melt an exit ramp; it's quite long. The hole the apc is in is at least 12 feet deep, and a 12 foot deep ramp sloping up at a reasonable rate is a good 30 feet long, at the very least.

Direct the repairing of the APC. I think Mesk is providing assistance as needed.
Use my handi dynamic bonus.

You direct repairs that...fail to happen. Mesk is staring blankly into the distance, no doubt contemplating the way his life is going, while everyone else is either playing ostrich or melting ramps.

Jobasio frowned at his lack of options for a moment, then strode quickly over to the best spot he could find and kicked a few clumps of snow out of the white ground, forming a decent-sized depression before going prone in it, rifle before him in the direction of the APC and the others.
"Right then. You two ready?" He mutters, looking experimentally down the sights before glancing left and right.
Through the comms he asks, "Any plan of action? How are we going to deal with our visitors, exactly?"

>Just dig out a hole to go prone in, then; as far as I can get from the APC without it being obscured by the snow.

>Keep eyes and ears open for any signs of people approaching. Make sure they don't take me unawares, I might need to relocate if they're about to drive over me or something. Charge con bonus if I haven't already.

You tunnel into the snow and build yourself a little hidey hole with a good view of the surroundings. You get your rifle likewise covered and in place and then wait, imagining shots and how best to make them.

Actually, scratch that, save bullshitting our way out as a last resort. This storm seems to be dumping enough snow to bury us if we dig holes and cover ourselves. Grab Jason out of the APC, I'll get Dubley.

"Hey guys, I just had a brainstorm! If we dig a hole deep enough and then cover ourselves in snow, the snowstorm will dump enough fresh snow on us that we'll be indistinguishable from the terrain. As long as they don't just stumble over one of us or have good thermal sensors, they should assume from the aborted attempt at digging out the APC we gave up and moved on. We'll need to have someone able to see so we know when they moved on, but this is better than a straight up firefight or trying to lie our way out."

Initiate Plan Mole. Michael grabs Dubley and digs a hole for him to hide in, making sure to cover him with the loose snow.  He then moves a bit away and digs his own hidey-hole, again making sure to cover with the loose snow to facilitate being buried.
You dig a hole a few feet deep and then grab dubley, who appears to be directing phantom teammates about how to repair the apc, and huck him into it.He starts to protest and climb out so you cover him in snow and pat it down on top.

"Just stay quiet for now, ya armless bastard." you tell him over the radio before repeating the process for your self, but with less forceful hucking and more careful burying.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 12, 2014, 06:08:06 am »

After completing the ramp, Vincent turns around and notices that no one has started to work on the APC yet. "What's the plan guys? If we can fix the APC in time I have a ramp built, if that isn't the plan though, what is?... I'm not particularly fond of a combat situation against the military!"
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 12, 2014, 07:09:50 am »

"I don't know," Jobasio mutters over the comms from his hiding place, "But I'm preparing for the latter eventuality. Do let me know beforehand if the rest of you are going to flee in the vehicle, as I would rather not be left behind!"

>Lie in wait, charging that Con bonus.

>Keep eyes and ears open for signs of hostile movement- turn up sound amps (to a safe level) if such things exist.
Try not to poke holes in my little snow fort, or cause it to collapse by moving the wrong way.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 12, 2014, 01:01:31 pm »

"The plan we curently have is to dig holes to hide in and bury ourselves in the snow. The storm is dumping enough snow to hide us pretty effectively-especially if they don't have thermal sensors. If you could grab jason and Mesk(who seems to have dozed off) and hide them, the approaching Opfor should see the abandoned APC and conclude we gave up trying to fix it and moved on."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 12, 2014, 01:13:36 pm »

"I think they'll notice our heat signatures, but it's worth a shot."

Bury the injured people first.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 12, 2014, 01:46:23 pm »

((Being proactive are we?))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 12, 2014, 01:47:55 pm »

Charge con bonus to fire with my feet.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 12, 2014, 01:57:43 pm »

((Please don't forget where you bury Jason.))

Be helpful. Maybe by offering moral and emotional support.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 33