Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 33

Author Topic: Mission 15: Arctic Expedition: I. HEAR. A. SOUND.  (Read 66385 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 15: Arctic Expedition
« Reply #345 on: July 05, 2014, 09:07:14 pm »

It's a big armored vehicle with 6 tires
Aha! The APC has 6 wheels and 1 broken axle. It should be possible to get it running with 4 wheels. Charge handiwork bonus figuring out how to do so.

"Mesk, Michael, Vincent, Jobasio, you all have working hands. Want to help me get this APC running?"
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 09:11:19 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 15: Arctic Expedition: I. HEAR. A. SOUND.
« Reply #346 on: July 05, 2014, 09:35:46 pm »

((unless it's the drive axle that is broken :P. BTW, michal has -1 to Handy, you sure you wanna have him help?)

"Yeah, what is it? You wanna try to get this thing fixed? I...don't think I could help you with that. Sure, give me some plastic explosives, some wiring, and a week, and I could produce a bomb, but that's the extend of my handyman skills."
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 05, 2014, 09:51:14 pm »

((I'm pretty sure an all-terrain military APC would have all-wheel drive. :P))

"Don't need ya to know what you're doing, as long as you have working arms, ears, and a brain. I'll talk you through it."
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 05, 2014, 10:45:58 pm »

Provide assistance as needed.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 06, 2014, 05:09:29 am »

"Yeah, I can help, although we should free it before we start repairs" Help fix APC Search APC for the mining laser and see if it still works
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 08:31:39 am by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 06, 2014, 05:39:08 am »

"There's no hurry, we'll most likely be here for a while before this storm dies down either way. Why not take a moment to relax, and enjoy the scenery? What there is of it to enjoy, anyway. As bleak as all this looks, I certainly haven't seen its like before."
Jobasio climbs out of the APC, like some sort of clumsy near-sighted marsupial wriggling free of its burrow, and looks around.

"Beautiful. Well, beautiful in a way that's likely to try to kill you at a moment's notice, but still."

>Get out of the buried APC (mainly in case someone blows it up attempting to dig it out), try and snap some good pictures of the dramatic arctic scenery with my wristpad, preferably with the exposed part of the APC and some rock formations in shot as well.
Set up a reminder using the wristpad's organizer function (that is totally a thing) to get the best one printed and framed later.

>Then make a snowball and pitch it at the nearest teammate with no working arms. Heh heh heh.

Note: If I seem to be suffocating/freezing to death from being outside with my head exposed, quickly retrieve my helmet from the APC before continuing.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 06, 2014, 07:08:59 pm »

"OK then, but don't say I didn't warn you." Help repair the APC(if possible)
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #352 on: July 07, 2014, 11:36:30 am »

"Shit.  Doesn't look like there's anything left intact.  It... seems like the... shuttle can't land due to the storm?  I think we're being ordered to hold position until it weakens.  Dammit.  Anyone bring cards?"
Head back to the APC.
You trudge back to the apc, secure in the fact that this mission, where you were the most senior member, could not go any more wrong.

It's a big armored vehicle with 6 tires
Aha! The APC has 6 wheels and 1 broken axle. It should be possible to get it running with 4 wheels. Charge handiwork bonus figuring out how to do so.

"Mesk, Michael, Vincent, Jobasio, you all have working hands. Want to help me get this APC running?"
Step one would probably involve getting it out of the dang snow bank it is rapidly freezing into.

Provide assistance as needed.
You start shoveling snow away from the apc while the blizzard puts it back.

"Yeah, I can help, although we should free it before we start repairs" Help fix APC Search APC for the mining laser and see if it still works
If you brought one you have it and it works. If you didn't, then you don't have it and it doesn't work.

"There's no hurry, we'll most likely be here for a while before this storm dies down either way. Why not take a moment to relax, and enjoy the scenery? What there is of it to enjoy, anyway. As bleak as all this looks, I certainly haven't seen its like before."
Jobasio climbs out of the APC, like some sort of clumsy near-sighted marsupial wriggling free of its burrow, and looks around.

"Beautiful. Well, beautiful in a way that's likely to try to kill you at a moment's notice, but still."

>Get out of the buried APC (mainly in case someone blows it up attempting to dig it out), try and snap some good pictures of the dramatic arctic scenery with my wristpad, preferably with the exposed part of the APC and some rock formations in shot as well.
Set up a reminder using the wristpad's organizer function (that is totally a thing) to get the best one printed and framed later.

>Then make a snowball and pitch it at the nearest teammate with no working arms. Heh heh heh.

Note: If I seem to be suffocating/freezing to death from being outside with my head exposed, quickly retrieve my helmet from the APC before continuing.
You take space-gram pictures (it's a service which makes it look like they were taken from the hubble telescope) of snow and then hurl chunks of tightly packed snow and ice at your teammates, who seem less then happy about that fact.

"OK then, but don't say I didn't warn you." Help repair the APC(if possible)
You help dig part of it out of the snow along with mesk.

>I'm pic.... up hea......tures he......ur way fr......search outp.......iles off.....bably have mili......any so...

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 07, 2014, 11:50:42 am »

Offer one of my disposable cutting lasers to get the APC unstuck.

Try to duct tape my laser rifle to one of my arm stumps. And connect some wires so I can shoot it.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 01:15:00 pm by NAV »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 07, 2014, 11:51:23 am »

"That sounded like he said heat signatures were headed our way, possibly military. Uh...that probably isn't good."

Continue enjoying my cocoa. What am I supposed to do, fight?
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 07, 2014, 01:11:45 pm »

"Heat signatures heading our way... search outpost, miles off, military equipment?  Shit.  Ready up, people.  We'll use the APC and the rock formation as cover until either the shuttle or the search party arrives.  Keep your heads down until we get an idea of how many we're facing."

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 07, 2014, 01:17:07 pm »

Vincent steps back out of the APC with the heat gun strapped on his back again ((The mining Laser... I mix up words a lot >.>)) "Think we have time to give this APC a quick fix? I can probably get it out of the ice quickly" If the team agrees, free the APC from the ice using the gun, being careful not to melt the APC itself.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 07, 2014, 03:16:10 pm »

Jobasio, who had been chuckling to himself as he stooped to ready another snowball, sobered up somewhat at the news.
"We've got company, you say?" He straightens up, dropping the snow and continuing drily, "And here we are, not even dressed to entertain. Whig, put the kettle on, would you? Ferdinand, set the table. We simply must give our guests a proper welcome."

As he says the last, Jobasio grimly slips his gauss rifle off his shoulder, taking a grip on it with his good hand as he moves over to get his helmet from the APC. Once that's back on his head he looks around, scanning the environment with a thoughtful expression before walking quickly off.

>Re-equip my helmet, hold Whig in my good hand, then take a look around.

>Is there an easy way to get up on top of the rock formations? Are they near enough to provide a good vantage point for the scene around the APC? If so, I'll find myself a spot atop one of those to go prone and cover the team, bracing my rifle with my cast if I can't grip the barrel properly.

If I can't get on top of a rock formation, find another spot, using either rocks or the APC as cover.
As long as I have some cover and an at-least decent line of sight, it should do.

>If allowed after all that, charge a Conventional bonus.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 07, 2014, 05:12:56 pm »

*sigh*"It's just one thing after another, isn't it?" Michael gets into position to snipe anyone approaching the APC that isn't friendly

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 07, 2014, 10:04:19 pm »

"That last part of Steve's message...you think he might have been saying they have many sods with them? Because that would be bad."
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 33