Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33

Author Topic: Mission 15: Arctic Expedition: I. HEAR. A. SOUND.  (Read 66344 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 15: Arctic Expedition: I. HEAR. A. SOUND.
« Reply #315 on: June 26, 2014, 02:50:01 pm »

Apply advanced medical kit to broken arm until arm is no longer broken.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 26, 2014, 10:25:13 pm »

"...huh, waitaminute, doesn't this Mark-1 have hot heat fins on the back? Maybe I can use them to slowly melt my way out..."

Michael carefully uses the heat fins on his Mk-1 to melt the snow on his back and slowly work enough space to free his arms. He then proceeds to dig himself out if this works, otherwise continues waiting for rescue.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 26, 2014, 11:21:30 pm »

Wait around. Try to make my body heal with my mind. Not like I can do anything else.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 26, 2014, 11:25:38 pm »

Go watch Mesk heal Jobasio. Try to learn some of his unique foot based techniques. Also, kick him if he overshoots (acting as a human decompensator)
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 27, 2014, 12:44:03 am »

"...huh, waitaminute, doesn't this Mark-1 have hot heat fins on the back? Maybe I can use them to slowly melt my way out..."

Michael carefully uses the heat fins on his Mk-1 to melt the snow on his back and slowly work enough space to free his arms. He then proceeds to dig himself out if this works, otherwise continues waiting for rescue.

"That might work... considering you are on my back currently however I am going to refrain from attempting it as well" Vincent paused for a moment to take a breath and think, and then continued "Thank god our suits provide us with oxygen, we're packed in tight" Vincent then switched to the group frequency "Guys, were really stuck, like, can't move at all stuck, has anyone checked to see if that heat ray in the APC is still functioning?" Vincent then continues to try and wiggle himself some arm space
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 27, 2014, 06:13:21 pm »

Jobasio winced as Mesk jabbed at the broken mess that was his arm, but he decided not to complain.
The guy knew what he was doing, after all, or so Jobasio hoped. He closed his eyes and tried to focus on something other than pain.
...No, not their current situation, either. Or the teammates they'd just lost for seemingly no reason. Damn, there was certainly plenty to be unhappy about. He eventually decides that him still being alive is a good thing, and tries to think solely of that. Whig made it out in one piece, too! He forces a smile for her benefit. Got to put up a strong front, after all.

>Relax, try to ignore pain, wait for arm to be fixed.
Try and remember just what happened to those painkillers I filched from the infirmary once or twice. Did they all get confiscated?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #321 on: June 29, 2014, 10:47:24 am »

Apply advanced medical kit to broken arm until arm is no longer broken.
This time you actually do a professional job: reset the bone, local injections of long lasting pain killers, fast setting cast material, the works.

Problem with that is the heat fins have already melted themselves a nice little cave behind you, but that hasn't freed your arms. You try to turn a bit, wiggle the fins and melt more of the snow around your shoulders.

You mange to free your shoulders, and then your arms. You wiggle and struggle and crawl until finally, exhausted, you punch through to the surface and then lay there, panting, with the blizzard raging around you.

Wait around. Try to make my body heal with my mind. Not like I can do anything else.
You succeed on using mind over matter to make yourself feel a bit better, but you don't think it has actually caused your injuries to heal.

Go watch Mesk heal Jobasio. Try to learn some of his unique foot based techniques. Also, kick him if he overshoots (acting as a human decompensator)
He seems to be doing his job this time. Why is it that all the vets seem to oscillate between success and comical exaggeration?

"That might work... considering you are on my back currently however I am going to refrain from attempting it as well" Vincent paused for a moment to take a breath and think, and then continued "Thank god our suits provide us with oxygen, we're packed in tight" Vincent then switched to the group frequency "Guys, were really stuck, like, can't move at all stuck, has anyone checked to see if that heat ray in the APC is still functioning?" Vincent then continues to try and wiggle himself some arm space
You manage to get most of your upper body free, but then have to stop to rest, exhausted from several long minutes of struggling against the weight of the snow and ice.

Jobasio winced as Mesk jabbed at the broken mess that was his arm, but he decided not to complain.
The guy knew what he was doing, after all, or so Jobasio hoped. He closed his eyes and tried to focus on something other than pain.
...No, not their current situation, either. Or the teammates they'd just lost for seemingly no reason. Damn, there was certainly plenty to be unhappy about. He eventually decides that him still being alive is a good thing, and tries to think solely of that. Whig made it out in one piece, too! He forces a smile for her benefit. Got to put up a strong front, after all.

>Relax, try to ignore pain, wait for arm to be fixed.
Try and remember just what happened to those painkillers I filched from the infirmary once or twice. Did they all get confiscated?
Huh, don't even need them anymore. Your arm feels fine now. Well, maybe fine is the wrong word; it's still trapped in a big neon pink cast after all. But it feels much better.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 29, 2014, 01:48:56 pm »

".....*gasp*....huh, made it. Hey guys, could use a little assistance here."

After Michael gets his breath back, he turns around and begins digging Vincent out. He then regroups with the others at the APC
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 29, 2014, 05:39:56 pm »

March to the edge of the crater and look in.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 30, 2014, 01:31:11 am »

Exhausted, Vincent sighed "Man this snow is packed hard". He sat for a while figuring out how to get out, when he noticed he couldn't feel Michael behind him anymore. " Hey Michael did you manage to get out?" After getting confirmation that Michael was no longer there, Vincent fires his heat fins and moves around until he is able to get into Michaels escape hole and climb out.
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 01, 2014, 01:24:08 am »

Give words of encouragement to team. Suggest somebody get the flares from the APC somehow so we can get off this frozen hellhole.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 02:28:46 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 01, 2014, 02:08:44 am »

"Ah, thank you, Doctor Vraite. It feels rather better already."
Jobasio nods pleasantly to Mesk, then sits back with a weary sigh. "So then. Bright and triangular, that's our ticket to getting out of here. Shall we split into three groups and form a triangle, with our suits' lamps turned up so that whoever's watching can see them? I do hope they are bright enough." He doesn't look overly concerned, though, laying Whig across his lurid cast and cradling her in his good arm with a content expression, still leaning against the fallen APC.
"...And do we have any means of digging out the APC? It would be quite a shame to lose it, after all it's done for us."

>Sit back, relax, and ponder a snappy name for my cast. Preferably a male one- we don't want Whig getting jealous, after all.

>Once I've decided on a good, respectable name for Mister Cast, get up, sling Whig across my back and team up with (grab) someone to form part of the light-lamp-SOS-beacon. Head off with them to form part of the triangle, using my wristpad to track the locations of the others if visibility becomes a problem.

Once in position forming part of a triangle, turn up my light lamps, making sure my faceplate is closed/darkened beforehand.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #327 on: July 01, 2014, 10:33:27 am »

".....*gasp*....huh, made it. Hey guys, could use a little assistance here."

After Michael gets his breath back, he turns around and begins digging Vincent out. He then regroups with the others at the APC
Exhausted, Vincent sighed "Man this snow is packed hard". He sat for a while figuring out how to get out, when he noticed he couldn't feel Michael behind him anymore. " Hey Michael did you manage to get out?" After getting confirmation that Michael was no longer there, Vincent fires his heat fins and moves around until he is able to get into Michaels escape hole and climb out.
Mike helps Vincent out of the snow and the two of them struggle back to the apc through deep snow and nagging injuries. The collapse down against the apc, sheltering themselves from the wind next to Jobasio.
"Thanks for the help." Mike says, elbowing Jobasio in the ribs.

"I drove us out, didn't I?" He says, rubbing his side.

March to the edge of the crater and look in.
You walk over to the crater, and sit down near the edge. The new lake is still steaming, but no longer boiling. No hellspawn are doing the backstroke down there, and there's no sign of the investigation target either. Nothing but milky water and rolling clouds of steam.

"Situation normal: Fucked up beyond all repair. Recommendation: Call for transport, go home, beg for mercy."

Give words of encouragement to team. Suggest somebody get the flares from the APC somehow so we can get off this frozen hellhole.
"We'll probably be fine. Steve is too busy to deal with us; he'll probably let Miyamoto handle it. Or maybe Milno. I wonder...what they'll do...oh dear."

"Ah, thank you, Doctor Vraite. It feels rather better already."
Jobasio nods pleasantly to Mesk, then sits back with a weary sigh. "So then. Bright and triangular, that's our ticket to getting out of here. Shall we split into three groups and form a triangle, with our suits' lamps turned up so that whoever's watching can see them? I do hope they are bright enough." He doesn't look overly concerned, though, laying Whig across his lurid cast and cradling her in his good arm with a content expression, still leaning against the fallen APC.
"...And do we have any means of digging out the APC? It would be quite a shame to lose it, after all it's done for us."

>Sit back, relax, and ponder a snappy name for my cast. Preferably a male one- we don't want Whig getting jealous, after all.

>Once I've decided on a good, respectable name for Mister Cast, get up, sling Whig across my back and team up with (grab) someone to form part of the light-lamp-SOS-beacon. Head off with them to form part of the triangle, using my wristpad to track the locations of the others if visibility becomes a problem.

Once in position forming part of a triangle, turn up my light lamps, making sure my faceplate is closed/darkened beforehand.
Ferdinand seems good.

You grab two other people and  set them up in a triangle with you. Once everyone is in position you activate your head lamps and point them toward the sky.  You all sit there for several minutes, with the lamps on as high as they'll go without bursting the bulbs. Eventually your neck gets tired and you look down, flipping the lights off as you do. Hope Steve saw that.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 01, 2014, 11:51:01 am »

"Well, I'm not entirely sure that will have done any good, so for now let's try and dig out the APC.  Wait, actually, I have a better idea; you all stay here and try to dig out the APC for now, and I'll be right back."
Check my fuel reserves and fly out a moderate distance away from the team.  From the air, survey the land and charge my Pyramid of Power for a dynamic bonus to aux, in preparation to blast out a triangular crater.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 02:23:45 pm by Remalle »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 01, 2014, 01:29:02 pm »

"Hey mesk, I have a better idea than carving out pieces of the terrain. Since the APC is pretty much junk with that broken axle, I say we strip it. Then, we take the radio, use our wristcoms to cobble together a sending unit, and take the scrap and kludge a bigger antenna so we can contact Steve."
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33