Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 33

Author Topic: Mission 15: Arctic Expedition: I. HEAR. A. SOUND.  (Read 66327 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 15: Arctic Expedition: I. HEAR. A. SOUND.
« Reply #270 on: June 15, 2014, 04:23:25 pm »

"Dammit....GODDAMMIT! JOBASIO, GET TO THE DRIVER'S SEAT AND GUN IT! EVERYONE ELSE GET YOUR ASS INTO THE APC OR GET LEFT BEHIND!"

Micahel crawls into the APC and mans the machine gun, ready to blast any abomination that flies out of the hole(ie charge con bonus). He also contacts Steve:

"STEVE! for the love of every god that has existed in the universe, PLEASE tell me you have this all on camera! We need an immediate evac from the mission site as we are dealing with an Xan-Stacy fused abomination and an amp overload!"
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 04:30:00 pm by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 15, 2014, 04:36:58 pm »

Jobasio obediently raises his rifle, raising a foot to step back into the driver's compartment.
"But wh-" he starts to say, still looking a bit puzzled. Then he hears the phrase "amp overload", and throws himself and his rifle into the APC with all haste, frantically buckling his seatbelt and taking a death-grip on the wheel. He speaks into the comms in a rather strained voice as the wheels grind into motion.
"Alright people! In the APC right now or forever hold your peace! Time to go!"

>Get quickly back in the APC and floor it away from the Hole of Death. Don't wait for anything.
Drive as fast as I can to get as far from it as possible, without crashing into rocks and flipping the APC.
+1 to Aux, don't fail me now...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 15, 2014, 07:00:40 pm »

"You guys may want to find out where that line goes," Denzel says to his team over the barely functioning radio before shutting it off.

Denzel stands. He knows what he has done. He's done what he's always hoped wouldn't happen- that he would push the boundaries of the so-called 'space magic' a little too far, and it's cost him. And now he can only stare at his sole opponent. The mission hadn't gotten off to a good start, yes, but he had never expected for it to go this badly.

At least he may be some use to those teammates still left alive. He stares at the monstrosity before him, floating aloft on dozens of wings as it spreads to engulf the burning room, babbling what seems to be math out of its many mouths. It brought to mind something he thought he had heard before- that it listens to whoever screams louder.

He hefts the box that has been the death of him, and holds it close to what's left of his chest, his myriad weapons falling with him as the power consumes his physical form. He might as well try.

"No, you don't," he says to STAN as he pulls it closer and closes his shells of eyes.

One closes, the other too damaged to work function at all.

Harness and embrace the power. Transcend, and show this monster what it means to burn.

((PW, if I don't get an action, then consider this my character's death post. Otherwise, I want to see how this turns out.))
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 01:19:37 am by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 15, 2014, 07:18:50 pm »

Do whatever I'm doing; if it looks like I'm going to be burned alive, grow an organic cannon and launch my brain out of the structure encased in a bone shell.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 09:02:20 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 15, 2014, 09:20:58 pm »

"Well bollocks."

Hope someone helps me out of this pit.
If not then unholster my Nyars gun somehow, try to aim it with my feet, and mash 9 repeatedly with my toes. Prepare a con bonus.

"Ingram, you mind helping me out this time? I've got your symbol here and everything."

((I just checked my levelup for mission 12. That +5 end, +3 con, and +1 intuition especially would've helped on this mission.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 16, 2014, 04:59:08 am »

Vincent scrambes into the APC. As soon as he is safely in the APC, Vincent flips his faceshield up (clearly exposing the artifact mask he is wearing) looks towards Jobasio and Micheal and speaks. "So do all the missions here end up like this? I'm starting to wish I got picked for a different mission!"

*Edited because apparently I don't read teammates actions very well >.>

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 01:23:46 am by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #276 on: June 17, 2014, 10:43:56 am »

"Run!  Run!!"
Grab the nearest non-exploding non-abomination and get as much height and distance from Denzel as superhumanly possible.
"Well bollocks."

Hope someone helps me out of this pit.
If not then unholster my Nyars gun somehow, try to aim it with my feet, and mash 9 repeatedly with my toes. Prepare a con bonus.

"Ingram, you mind helping me out this time? I've got your symbol here and everything."

((I just checked my levelup for mission 12. That +5 end, +3 con, and +1 intuition especially would've helped on this mission.))
((So the Shackle includes the Noisy Cricket from MIB? That's what I thought of when I read it.))

Jason takes a moment to try to look around the room before realizing he might be well and truly screwed. "Hey Mesk. I know it might be a bit much to ask, but is there any chance you could get me out of here? I don't think I'll be able to climb out on my own."

Hope I'm the nearest non-exploding non-abomination to Mesk. If not, pray that maybe the Sheep will somehow save me.
Mesk flies down, grabs the two non-exploding, non-abomination people left in the room. He drags them over until they are directly under the hole. He gets a good hold on the two, wrapping his arms around them and then gripping his own exoskeleton, locking the hold in place. He uses his chin to adjust the throttle on the MKIII's rockets to 100% and then, for a moment, looks back. Denzel is walking toward the thing that used to be Stacy and Xan, sunfire and light trailing behind a barely visible humanoid form, a black smudge lost in white flame. Mesk hits the ignition button. The first few seconds of acceleration break mesk's arms and fracture Jason's spine, but the kick boxing medic's grip doesn't falter, not for an instant. The melting cargo hold vanishes, replaced by a blur of twilight sky and rolling black clouds. Mesk banks a bit, from a straight up flight to a slightly parabolic one. The rocket's fuel is draining quickly, and after only minute and a half or so, it's at 50 percent and they are nearing the boundaries of the troposphere, high above the clouds. Below, far behind them, a section of the clouds glow reddish yellow, boiling away.

The static on the radio gives way to a familiar voice.

>-epeat, bombardment in 60 seconds. Move to a safe distance. Repeat, Bombardment in 58 seconds...

"Dammit....GODDAMMIT! JOBASIO, GET TO THE DRIVER'S SEAT AND GUN IT! EVERYONE ELSE GET YOUR ASS INTO THE APC OR GET LEFT BEHIND!"

Micahel crawls into the APC and mans the machine gun, ready to blast any abomination that flies out of the hole(ie charge con bonus). He also contacts Steve:

"STEVE! for the love of every god that has existed in the universe, PLEASE tell me you have this all on camera! We need an immediate evac from the mission site as we are dealing with an Xan-Stacy fused abomination and an amp overload!"
Jobasio obediently raises his rifle, raising a foot to step back into the driver's compartment.
"But wh-" he starts to say, still looking a bit puzzled. Then he hears the phrase "amp overload", and throws himself and his rifle into the APC with all haste, frantically buckling his seatbelt and taking a death-grip on the wheel. He speaks into the comms in a rather strained voice as the wheels grind into motion.
"Alright people! In the APC right now or forever hold your peace! Time to go!"

>Get quickly back in the APC and floor it away from the Hole of Death. Don't wait for anything.
Drive as fast as I can to get as far from it as possible, without crashing into rocks and flipping the APC.
+1 to Aux, don't fail me now...
Vincent scrambes into the APC. As soon as he is safely in the APC, Vincent flips his faceshield up (clearly exposing the artifact mask he is wearing) looks towards Jobasio and Micheal and speaks. "So do all the missions here end up like this? I'm starting to wish I got picked for a different mission!"

*Edited because apparently I don't read teammates actions very well >.>

Jobasio is already backing up and spinning the APC around as Vincent drags Michael into the back and straps him in before buckling himself up. The hydraulically controlled back door, still lowered, scrapes against the ice for a few seconds before it begins to close, sealing both men in a protective metal womb. Up front, in the driver's seat with his rifle in the passenger's seat beside him, Jobasio is screaming obscenities while trying to keep the APC from skidding out of control across the ice.  The ice sheet begins to crack, great crevasses opening up as sections of ice hundreds of feet thick shift and separate. In the side mirror, Jobasio can see something emerging from the ice behind him. A ship, or at least whats left of one, bobs up from the ice like a cork, melting as it does. Much of it is still below the ice when the light emanating from inside of it becomes to bright to look at.  The ice sublimates into boiling steam and the world becomes a tempest of clouds being created and blown away continuously. The APC is driving blind when it gets into the expanse of rocky teeth that lines the ice sheet, and it muscles it's way through on sheer momentum, scraping and ricocheting off stones until finally breaking free. It catches a large stone as it bounces out out onto the snow and flips, an axle tearing loose as it does. The Vehicle rolls several times before coming to a stop on its side. A hellish sound, like an ocean boiling and being strained through odd acoustics of the rocky teeth, fills the air. Everything outside the APC's cracked windshield is fog in a wind tunnel, a hurricane of blinding clouds and gales strong enough to rock the APC. In the distance, a glow of red and yellow light, flickering, can be seen.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 17, 2014, 11:06:34 am »

Jobasio groaned, clutching his head and trying to get his bearings as he hung from the straps of his seat.
The whole driver's compartment seemed to be spinning, but he tried not to focus on that- had to work out what was going on.

"Ughhn..." He groans again, then jabs at his wristpad, trying to bring up a comms channel to Steve.
"Steve? Do you read me? Are we clear of... whatever's happening back there? Or do we need to run for it on foot?"
Then he glances around the APC and at the others in the back, then braces his feet against the dash to steady himself as he awaits a response.
"You lot alright back there...?"

>Try and contact Steve, to ask him if we made it far enough to escape whatever's happening back at the dig site.

>Assess myself for any injuries. Check on the rest of the team in the back.
Then work out the easiest, quickest way to escape the APC should we need to in a hurry- is my seat in the side nearest the ground, or am I hanging a fair distance up? Is Whig still in one piece? Grab her if I can reach her.

Edit: If Steve tells me we aren't far enough, try and kick out the windshield. If that doesn't work, open the door nearest me and climb out. Once I'm out, just run as fast as possible away from the dig site. If the vicious winds make running impossible, crawl. Crawl like an angry rage-filled toddler on a mission of vengeance. Crawl like my life depends on it, since it does.

If Steve says we're safe, just sit, chill, and watch the fireworks from where I am.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 09:06:14 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 17, 2014, 01:01:58 pm »

"Blargh...why is the room spinning?" Michael looks around for a minute. "So, you think we're at minimum safe distance? Because I for one am fucked if we have to get out and run for it, heh. Ow."

Assess current situation/injuries. Michael tries to figure out a way to keep up if forced to run for it with the others, barring that, a way to live through what's next.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 17, 2014, 03:24:42 pm »

((Yay, still alive for the moment. But are we still in the line of fire for the bombardment?))

Keep doing what I'm doing. Specifically, hanging in Mesk's arm as a broken lump of a body
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 11:28:33 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 17, 2014, 03:57:49 pm »

"Thanks for saving me Mesk, bro. I wasn't sure if you were gonna. Honestly, I wouldn't blame you if you didn't."
Hang in there.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 17, 2014, 04:58:30 pm »

"We're not out of this yet.  I won't feel safe until we're out of this system, really.  Just hold tight... I wouldn't have left you behind, regardless of how bad you might have fucked up.  Would've been nothing, compared to what's going on now..."
Slow down to a slightly less fuel-guzzling speed, but keep gaining distance on the site.  Try and keep it just on the edge of vision until the bombardment.  Open a channel up to the ship.
"Paracelsus' Sword, this is Mesk with Jason and Dubley.  Please acknowledge.  Don't know if you're receiving this yet, or if you saw what's happening on the ground... I can't exactly explain it, but trust me when I say don't hold back with the bombardment.  Whatever's in there needs to be vapourized."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 17, 2014, 11:25:42 pm »

Even though my commands have little to no effect on my body anymore, try to escape the wreckage!
If I'm still alive, that is.
Most likely I still am somehow.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 18, 2014, 12:56:52 am »

Vincent rubs his forhead as the world stops spinning. Looking down, Vincent unbuckles himself in a way that has him land on the floor on his feet. If Michael needs help, help him out of his seat. "Are we clear of danger? If not, I'll carry Michael" Vincent then tries to open the hatch door of the APC. If they receive word from Steve that they still need distance, have Michael piggyback Vincent, and start running

((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 18, 2014, 08:44:58 am »

"I think I'm gonna buy a mk3 if I survive this."
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 33